Will Justin Fields play well enough to prevent Bears from drafting from replacement?

Will Fields save his job this season?

• Yes

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Tank for CJ Stroud

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm not as worried because his athleticism was supposed to mask poor o-line play.
Nagy did this with Trubisky in 2019 as well and it was a big reason for the offense sucking so bad after a surprising 2018; trying to make a guy who's got a big plus in mobility into Tom Brady. If Getsy moves Fields around a lot with plenty of designed runs then that would help to an extent.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy did this with Trubisky in 2019 as well and it was a big reason for the offense sucking so bad after a surprising 2018; trying to make a guy who's got a big plus in mobility into Tom Brady. If Getsy moves Fields around a lot with plenty of designed runs then that would help to an extent.
That fuckin retardd (shit stain) fails to realize how awful Nagy used JF.

Cleveland Browns FIRST play, FIRST start is a 5 wide empty set out of shotgun 40 yo LT v one of the best pass rusher in the NFL. LMAO ! WHO does that ? He hung JF OUT TO DRY. And all year long we hear from this dickhead (Shit stain) about how bad JF is. Now, like the giant pussy he is, he's back tracking because there is POTENTIAL for Getsy to design an offense to fit the quarterback and THEN Yes, you will see his athleticism mask decencies up front.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually against designed runs. On broken plays I'd like to see Fields quickly decide if he's going to tuck and run or still look for an open man. The indecision seemed to cause a lot of sacks and fumbles.

I don't like the idea of designed runs because outside of that great run vs Pittsburgh...Fields doesn't seem very shifty to me...and that slide is a concussion waiting to happen.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn’t the right question regarding Fields and year 2.

The question should be “Will Fields have enough support around him to properly evaluate his play”.

IMO the answer is no. Not yet. And it’s why I’ve been critical of Poles’ lack of talent acquisitions on offense in FA and the draft this offseason.

If Fields plays poorly, is it because he’s just not that talented and may never be a good NFL QB? Or because the talent around him is not on par with other quality NFL offenses and only top all-pro QBs would be able to be successful with the bears offensive roster?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm actually against designed runs. On broken plays I'd like to see Fields quickly decide if he's going to tuck and run or still look for an open man. The indecision seemed to cause a lot of sacks and fumbles.

I don't like the idea of designed runs because outside of that great run vs Pittsburgh...Fields doesn't seem very shifty to me...and that slide is a concussion waiting to happen.
It's not so much about the run itself, but making the defense have to respect it. 4 or so a game gets the job done, and you increase from there if the defense isn't respecting it enough.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
We're moving awfully quickly from "Fields should be the Bears' top priority" to "I wonder if Fields will be able to keep his job this year".

I think more are starting to realize the QB can't do it alone. I expect Fields will take the blame if he can't like many before.

If you think about it, he's not Poles' pick. He could end up gone or backup for no other reason.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I voted yes. In regards to the running discussion in this thread, the less of it the better. Worried about injuries yes. His #1 talent is his arm. He's not Michael Vick. Slides/lands a little awkward at times and I can't remember the game but he came back after a nasty trip/run. Thought he was TOAST.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think more are starting to realize the QB can't do it alone. I expect Fields will take the blame if he can't like many before.

If you think about it, he's not Poles' pick. He could end up gone or backup for no other reason.
Nice veiled cape for Trubisky lol

CC: @Anytime23