KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We all know Nagy loves to get cute. Do you think he will devise any formations with Foles and Trubisky in the backfield? Sean Payton uses this formation frequently with Tyson Hill. Trubisky may be an awful QB at times, he probably has a better arm than Tyson Hill and is close to his speed and athleticism. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trubisky wouldn't know what to do out there when given the option to run or pass

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh. Already a horrible sign. Stop with the gimmicks and get some people who can knock folks off the motherfucking ball, then proceed to do just that. Knock people off the damned ball, then Allen Robinson (who is a straight-up stud) will have an even bigger year than he had already. If you don't other have skill position players who are dangerous, then get some. Don't fake having a QB as a skill-position player. All that does is work maybe once or twice, and have people clamping down on the box harder than before. Run the ball some more (I'm not talking John Fox levels), throw the ball when people are worried about the run.

greg23

Liked Posts:
BHCWGCH had Santa's Sleigh

Not sure why he hasn't designed

Pumpkin Patch
Turkey Trot Throwback

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes. On the goal line when we really need to score, then hilarity will ensue

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, and they will run into each other and both get injured on the same play... Let the Tyler Bray era begin

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
I don't know about 2-QB formations but if Foles ends up being the starter I could see Nagy coming up with a handful of scripted plays for Mitch each week. Sort of like what they did the first year where Nagy would script the first 15 or so and Mitch would look great and score a TD.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We all know Nagy loves to get cute. Do you think he will devise any formations with Foles and Trubisky in the backfield? Sean Payton uses this formation frequently with Tyson Hill. Trubisky may be an awful QB at times, he probably has a better arm than Tyson Hill and is close to his speed and athleticism. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.

I think this is a given. But please don't polish that turd by involving the Saints who probably know what they're doing.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That's just a dumb idea

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Yes. He'll split them both wide and run the wildcat with Cohen. 12% of the time, it works every time.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He had Mitch and Chase Daniel on the field one time. I don’t remember what happened.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He will if he drafts Jalen Hurts to team up with Foles in the 2nd rd.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I didn't say it was a smart idea. I asked if Nagy would try to operate the scheme.
You would really hope not. Hill and Brees had one thing that Nick and Mitchell don't. Bridgewater.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't say it was a smart idea. I asked if Nagy would try to operate the scheme.

It could actually be a brilliant way to make a change at QB. Move Trubisky into the backfield and let him run with it.

Then run a 2 RB set with Cohen & Trubisky with Foles still under center. Then split Trubisky out wide. Then just keep moving Trubisky around spelling all the skill players until Foles scores a TD. Now no one thinks about it twice when Foles runs out to the huddle on their next possession while Trubisky downs Gatorade and is so worn out from those snaps at TE that he still does not realize that he's been benched. Nagy just needs to keep an eye on Trubisky and as soon as it looks like he is starting to figure it out...throw him back in at RB for a few snaps until the opposing linebackers make Trubisky forget again.

By the end of the day, Nagy can have Dear Sweet Mitchell convinced he was just a slot receiver stuck at the wrong position while Big Dick Nick gets himself another Super Bowl MVP trophy for his mantel.

Literally Win/Win/Win.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Maybe one day we'll get back to serious, winning football and away from gimmicks

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think this year is about finding a dependable starting QB, not designing dual QB formations.

With that said, if Trubisky performs very well and isn't giving Foles a chance to even compete (highly doubt) then I wouldn't be surprised if Nagy eventually schemes something up to get use out of BDN.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
It could actually be a brilliant way to make a change at QB. Move Trubisky into the backfield and let him run with it.

Then run a 2 RB set with Cohen & Trubisky with Foles still under center. Then split Trubisky out wide. Then just keep moving Trubisky around spelling all the skill players until Foles scores a TD. Now no one thinks about it twice when Foles runs out to the huddle on their next possession while Trubisky downs Gatorade and is so worn out from those snaps at TE that he still does not realize that he's been benched. Nagy just needs to keep an eye on Trubisky and as soon as it looks like he is starting to figure it out...throw him back in at RB for a few snaps until the opposing linebackers make Trubisky forget again.

By the end of the day, Nagy can have Dear Sweet Mitchell convinced he was just a slot receiver stuck at the wrong position while Big Dick Nick gets himself another Super Bowl MVP trophy for his mantel.

Literally Win/Win/Win.

I Like this plan. Maybe even put Cohen in at Center for a play...after the snap he “chips” the 2 DT’s and then runs 70 yards straight down the middle and waits for the bomb to be thrown....and somehow isn’t an ineligible receiver because Nagy is so damn cute and gimmicky...