Will Nagy Use 2 QB Formations

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all know Nagy loves to get cute. Do you think he will devise any formations with Foles and Trubisky in the backfield? Sean Payton uses this formation frequently with Tyson Hill. Trubisky may be an awful QB at times, he probably has a better arm than Tyson Hill and is close to his speed and athleticism. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.
Taysom Hill

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I've often wondered if any team in the history of the NFL has ever played a QB-by-committee scheme? Let's say Trubs and Foles end up being very close to equal after training camp. Can Nagy sub them in and out of the game like he would RBs? I would think this would be very difficult for a defense to prepare and gameplan for. Especially considering both QBs have completely different styles of play. The Saints were kinda doing this with Hill but he was only getting around 5-10 snaps at QB. I'm thinking closer to an even distribution.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Yes but he will be smart about using it. Like only using it when down by 6 points and it's first and goal on the three. He'll also use it when it's second and goal on the six and third and goal on the 6.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Maybe one day we'll get back to serious, winning football and away from gimmicks

You mean, like the Frig running it in for a TD? Is that the serious winning non-gimmick kind of football your talking about?

Luke

Liked Posts:
I've often wondered if any team in the history of the NFL has ever played a QB-by-committee scheme? Let's say Trubs and Foles end up being very close to equal after training camp. Can Nagy sub them in and out of the game like he would RBs? I would think this would be very difficult for a defense to prepare and gameplan for. Especially considering both QBs have completely different styles of play. The Saints were kinda doing this with Hill but he was only getting around 5-10 snaps at QB. I'm thinking closer to an even distribution.

In the early 70's during Roger Staubach's first few years, the Cowboys alternated Craig Morton and Staubach. Both took turns starting and played in the same games together. Of course they had HOF coach Tom Landry, and the Bears have Nagy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This "open competition" is Pace talk, smoke covering his want to draft a QB.... He's already interviewed a couple prospects. Nagy has pushed Trubisky so far out of his inner circle there won't be room for him in trick plays.. Nagy should be steering Pace to draft a QB early on. If he does, then you can guarantee Trubisky's last game as a Bear was an absolute shit performance against a 2nd string defense.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bill Walsh tried this for a while with Joe Montana and Steve Young in 1988.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
God I hope not, but we all know Nagy by now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't really care about the correct spelling of Saints players, sorry..
Well, if your going to talk about him. It would be nice if you actually knew his name. You didn’t misspell it. You literally made up a new person but thanks for the clarification.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Maybe one day we'll get back to serious, winning football and away from gimmicks

You mean, like the Frig running it in for a TD? Is that the serious winning non-gimmick kind of football your talking about?

Did I hear.......running the football from under center?
OOH....running the football from under center inside the 5yds. Now..... I like that "gimmick". I like it even better with a 300 pounder. running the football from under center.....thats a gimmick Nagy should try more often

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bill Walsh tried this for a while with Joe Montana and Steve Young in 1988.

Ya know what I take from this vid.......DeBartolo talking about winning a SB even if it meant dumping a Bill Walsh

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya know what I take from this vid.......DeBartolo talking about winning a SB even if it meant dumping a Bill Walsh

Yeah IIRC, in the full version, they go on to talk about switching up QBs every game until finally the assistant coaches come together and say "Enough!!"

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Well, if your going to talk about him. It would be nice if you actually knew his name. You didn’t misspell it. You literally made up a new person but thanks for the clarification.
The Saints team is a bunch of thugs who seem to not be able to show up for the big games. At least we know what we got with the Bears. Saints have been getting their fanbase's hope up since 2010 only to crush their spirits.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Saints team is a bunch of thugs who seem to not be able to show up for the big games. At least we know what we got with the Bears. Saints have been getting their fanbase's hope up since 2010 only to crush their spirits.
Im not sure why you upset cause you dumb and made up a completely different name for a player.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Not upset at all. Normally this would be the time to validate my intelligence but I would probably form a black hole in the space time continuum if I try to prove my intelligence to a Louisianian.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not upset at all. Normally this would be the time to validate my intelligence but I would probably form a black hole in the space time continuum if I try to prove my intelligence to a Louisianian.
I know google is rough to navigate.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't you need 2 qbs to run a 2 qb formation?