Will Ted go next year?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Nobody is holding anyone accountable. If they have a losing or middle of the pack season, do you all think Ted is retiring?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It boggles me how ignorant one can be to not see what's been happening.

What the living shit could Nagy be saying to defend his coaching & the obviously flawed results??? The aren't words to even create that could be sufficient. The podium speeches were completely void of any content or plan to make the changes he talks about every damn week after every damn loss.

Total. Lack of accountability.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We have to do what's best for our team. We need to get Coronavirus and then overthrow Halas Hall.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't know why anyone would think anything would change next year, but one can hope.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sure hope so. The Bears record over the last 30 years with him on the team is .479, which would be a very good batting average, but is a terrible winning percentage.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They all threw mitch under the bus.

Yes, they did. I think Mitch is a great leader, and from 2nd hand sources a great person. I am not sure of how he'll perform as a QB under someone other than Nagy. I honestly hope he lights it up somewhere.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Yes, they did. I think Mitch is a great leader, and from 2nd hand sources a great person. I am not sure of how he'll perform as a QB under someone other than Nagy. I honestly hope he lights it up somewhere.
He won’t. He will be an ok backup assuming he’s called up against bad teams. A mobile Chase Daniel.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I am sure Mitch is a good guy, he seems like he would be but he is not a leader. Perhaps he is in the sense that players have his back, they like him as a teammate, want him to succeed etc., but he does not have the mentality to last long in the NFL

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I am sure Mitch is a good guy, he seems like he would be but he is not a leader. Perhaps he is in the sense that players have his back, they like him as a teammate, want him to succeed etc., but he does not have the mentality to last long in the NFL

We can agree to disagree, and I'm cool with that. This team rallied around Mitch and played really well at times. I believe that's one of the signs of a leader. When he was first benched, I remember watching Khalil Mack quietly go over to him on the sidelines in support. People don't just do that if you're not a good leader (see Jay Cutler). I just think at times as a QB he is inaccurate and potentially his CPU runs at notebook GHz speed and not desktop GHz speed.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It boggles me how ignorant one can be to not see what's been happening.

What the living shit could Nagy be saying to defend his coaching & the obviously flawed results??? The aren't words to even create that could be sufficient. The podium speeches were completely void of any content or plan to make the changes he talks about every damn week after every damn loss.

Total. Lack of accountability.
George is clueless and that’s why he doesn’t see what’s happening from Ted Phillips down to Matt Nagy. You heard it in the press conference....he truly believes he has the team in the best position to succeed. You would think when so many fans and media members complain it would be a sign that something isn’t working, but not with George. Friendships are more important to him then winning.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
We can agree to disagree. This team rallied around Mitch and played really well at times. I believe that's one of the signs of a leader. I just think at times as a QB he has is inaccurate and potentially his CPU runs at notebook GHz speed and not desktop GHz speed.
The team only played well when facing bad teams. That’s when Mitch looked his best. I honestly think his teammates had no confidence in him against GB and NO. Have you never experienced that feeling about teammates in sports before?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can agree to disagree. This team rallied around Mitch and played really well at times. I believe that's one of the signs of a leader. I just think at times as a QB he has is inaccurate and potentially his CPU runs at notebook GHz speed and not desktop GHz speed.
There's a difference between being a leader and beating up on bad teams. When asked after he came back if he was the starting quarterback going forward his answer was, "well.. umm.. I don't know, I'd like to be" - that's not an alpha. An alpha answer would have been, "Hell yes this is my team, what kind of a stupid question is that?" - not in those exact words, but you get my point. He doesn't have Alpha leadership. Do you know who players on offense pointed to as their leader? Sam Mustipher. That's how disjointed this offense was for 10 weeks. That's not all on Mitch either.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
If McCaskey had any guts he'd have Phillips injected with hepatitis.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a difference between being a leader and beating up on bad teams. When asked after he came back if he was the starting quarterback going forward his answer was, "well.. umm.. I don't know, I'd like to be" - that's not an alpha. An alpha answer would have been, "Hell yes this is my team, what kind of a stupid question is that?" - not in those exact words, but you get my point. He doesn't have Alpha leadership. Do you know who players on offense pointed to as their leader? Sam Mustipher. That's how disjointed this offense was for 10 weeks. That's not all on Mitch either.

I get your point. But some of what you are attributing to leadership can be characterized as blustering, especially when the reality is we all know he didn't always make NFL throws that he should have at times. If you can't fully walk the walk, then talking the talk just makes (the proverbial) you an asshole; you'll lose the team anyway. The film doesn't lie, not to you, your teammates, or opponents, or coaches. You can't act like an Alpha when you don't play like one. And honestly I don't know if he's completely capable of walking the walk.

But it's clear that the coaching staff didn't have confidence in him to attack the defense in all the ways Nagy wants to attack a defense. Maybe a different set of coaches/different system would help. Or simply having an abundance of outstanding receiving targets, like Mahomes has in KC would help (and no, that is not a suggestion that Trubisky is at Mahomes level. But Mahomes is blessed with threats at every position).

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Ted’s last name might as well be McCaskey. He’s here as long as he wants to be.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but he didn't look like a guy who was concerned about job security in the press conference.