will the mccaskey’s have the cash to keep the team?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Years ago on the offish message board before it was shutdown there was a loser homer named dabears54 that actually understood tax law. When George died the estate tax skipped a generation so when Virginia dies the tax will be due. I forgot who the minority owner is but it’s pretty much a done deal he’s a billionaire and will buy out the team when that happens. Again this isn’t me knowing this it was info from a poster back in the day

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Years ago on the offish message board before it was shutdown there was a loser homer named dabears54 that actually understood tax law. When George died the estate tax skipped a generation so when Virginia dies the tax will be due. I forgot who the minority owner is but it’s pretty much a done deal he’s a billionaire and will buy out the team when that happens. Again this isn’t me knowing this it was info from a poster back in the day
Hide The Pain Harold  iPad Case & Skin by FlashmanBiscuit | Redbubble

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
So 20% of the team is currently owned by non-McCaskeys. If Virginia’s shares are split 11 ways...who would be majority owner??

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
pat ryan! he would actually have the most shares as an individual when her shares are split 11 ways.
That’s the other owner! He’s a multi billionaire that made his money and not leaches like mccaskeys. But he’s old af

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i just read an article on this a few days ago, of course i didn't save it but it said something to the effect that once the kids split it up one of the non family members would own the largest share, he own's 20% i think
And the majority will want to cash out with none of them being able to or with the desire to buy out the other unless that one owner wants to do so. Team is worth a lot but the dividends are not a big deal. They'll sell and cash out as has been speculated for decades.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
That’s the other owner! He’s a multi billionaire that made his money and not leaches like mccaskeys. But he’s old af
only problem is he would need to somehow acquire 10% additional shares to be considered an “owner” by the NFL.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
And the majority will want to cash out with none of them being able to or with the desire to buy out the other unless that one owner wants to do so. Team is worth a lot but the dividends are not a big deal. They'll sell and cash out as has been speculated for decades.
basically the gist of the article was that the Bears should be a top 5 value in their market and they're really not great at growing their revenue base

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
God, I hope not. I guess it could be worse as far as owners go. But it doesn't seem like it could be much worse.

I say that as an Indians fan who's owner decided that a $22 million payroll this season is good enough. :ROFLMAO:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hasn't Virginia been raking in money for like 50 years off the team that would also be passed onto the kids?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
have you guys seen horrible bosses? I wish George was like that coke sniffing Bobby Pellitt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears are going nowhere. Virginia gifted her 80% stake to her children and grandchildren years ago. The exact percentages are not known hence why people just report that she has an 80% stake.

At the time of transfer she would have paid gift tax based on the valuation at the time which was under 1 billion. So really doesnt become an issue until the children start dying. Even then it can pass to the spouse tax free to provide time to plan things in advance.

If they have good tax guys, you pretty much can plan transfers of ownership in a way that spreads out the tax bill over time.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
pat ryan! he would actually have the most shares as an individual when her shares are split 11 ways.

So when Virginia dies the team will be controlled by Pat Ryan? There is no way Virginia is going to allow that to happen. 1 of the shares Virginia split up must be larger than Pat’s to remain in control.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You would think it would be common sense in knowing that they have a plan for this. I guess not for some...

46plank

Liked Posts:
The only way they sell is if they want to. The family didn’t get this wealthy being unprepared or stupid