Will this game show BEARs fans JF is the 'real deal' ??

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that JF will look impressive in two outta his three games during preseason. First one being the Miami game.

If Fields can slice and dice the Bills, to me we have found our franchise QB. ( If limited time against their #1s )

If so so he is working his way thru that learning curve.

If INT d twice, I will be ---------

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’ll wait until he actually plays some regular season games to determine if he’s the real deal or not. However he can show if he has the proper tools to succeed in the preseason. Like we saw in game 1.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
A good showing doesn't hurt, but if anything will just prove he should start over Andy Dalton to start the season...but being the "real deal" comes with good performances in the regular season against other teams 1st string defenses.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A good showing doesn't hurt, but if anything will just prove he should start over Andy Dalton to start the season...but being the "real deal" comes with good performances in the regular season against other teams 1st string defenses.
I think if Fields outperforms Dalton by a 'nice' margin ( eye test ) Nagy needs to start JF game 1

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Last week we saw Fields do things we have NEVER seen a Bear QB do - ever! Whether pre-season or real season. He is our Franchise QB despite the inevitable/occasional growing pains of being a Rookie.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He needs to get more game time exposure with the 1st stringers to build chemistry and timing.

IF Bears O line punishes for another 150++ rushing with good pass protection then Stephen A may be right boyz . . . Superbowl

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He needs to get more game time exposure with the 1st stringers to build chemistry and timing.

IF Bears O line punishes for another 150++ rushing with good pass protection then Stephen A may be right boyz . . . Superbowl
I like your optimism

Am thinking though the Bills are showing a lot of players out for this game

But I would take the Over 9 Wins line, if that happens

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't personally put any stock into preseason. Maybe you see some athleticism and arm? For QBs, I guess it can be telling. But I don't think you can tell what you have in most other positions due to coaches not planning or scheming a thing. I'm excited to watch but these games don't ever show me much.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m not going to keep repeating this. It’s preseason, good or bad don’t get to up or down but look for more flash plays that pass the eye test.

in my mind a franchise qb needs to be top 10 two consecutive seasons for you to be sure. That doesn’t mean you can’t be excited or have high hopes, just don’t live or die by today lol.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I don't personally put any stock into preseason. Maybe you see some athleticism and arm? For QBs, I guess it can be telling. But I don't think you can tell what you have in most other positions due to coaches not planning or scheming a thing. I'm excited to watch but these games don't ever show me much.

Preseason showcases the depth of the roster. Depth players are going all out for a roster spot ... no free ticket for them.

Once in awhile you luck into guys like Mustipher <former practice squad player> who looks to be a find.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Preseason showcases the depth of the roster. Depth players are going all out for a roster spot ... no free ticket for them.

Agreed to an extent. But how many times do we see preseason players ball out and still not make rosters?
But whatever... I am tuning in! I'm a fan. Not bein a hater here.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m not going to keep repeating this. It’s preseason, good or bad don’t get to up or down but look for more flash plays that pass the eye test.

in my mind a franchise qb needs to be top 10 two consecutive seasons for you to be sure. That doesn’t mean you can’t be excited or have high hopes, just don’t live or die by today lol.
I am thinking that a TWO consecutive Seasons is too 'stiff' a criteria
( downright ED'ional )

Rise

Liked Posts:
I am thinking that a TWO consecutive Seasons is too 'stiff' a criteria
( downright ED'ional )

Franchise QB vs Cemented Starter. Josh Allen is on year 2 if he does it again he becomes an elite franchise qb. Probably just the way we interpret the definitions.