Will you rip your phallus off if Nagy hasn't been fired by lunchtime tomorrow?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think it's prudent to start interviewing coaches now...regardless of the GM situation. If Pace is truly getting promoted or is staying put...it doesn't matter at all.
This makes no sense.

Who is going to actually do the interview? George and Ted? If that’s the case you’ll have a tough time getting a coach to come on without a GM already in place AND you might make it harder to replace Pace if you try to stick a GM with ownership’s hand picked coach.

Either way they need to start this rehaul at the top not the bottom.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think it's prudent to start interviewing coaches now...regardless of the GM situation. If Pace is truly getting promoted or is staying put...it doesn't matter at all.
Those are big ifs. It's the GMs job to interview coaches. Not the owner and not the pres.

There's a solid rumor in N.Y that the Giants want to retain Judge, and hire a new G.M. that's the kinda fuck show that happens around the NFL almost annually. Never works yet teams do it. So yeah the bears definitely suck nuts but there are teams front offices around the league that make George and Ted look competent.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
This makes no sense.

Who is going to actually do the interview? George and Ted? If that’s the case you’ll have a tough time getting a coach to come on without a GM already in place AND you might make it harder to replace Pace if you try to stick a GM with ownership’s hand picked coach.

Either way they need to start this rehaul at the top not the bottom.
We have no idea if Pace is getting fired - he might not be.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Huh.

Doesn't say if he's been informed of his departure. Either way it's kinda dumb.

1. If they've told him he's done...he shouldn't be coaching the games. Imagine a fired coach calling a play that tears Field's ACL. We'd never hear the end of it.

2. If they haven't told him he's done they cannot start the HC search.

Da Bears!
Nah. He already knows he's gone regardless of whether informed or not. Any current decision he makes carries the same weight. If he gets Fields injured under the current situation, the amount of angst will be the same.

They can hunt a HC all they want via an agent but can't interview and that 2hr max zoom session is like a 1st date without a kiss. You may eliminate someone but that's about it.

You also need to remember that only HCs can be interviewed early and you will not be able to mock assemble a staff because assistant interviews by anyone are still off limits. We're likely hiring a new staff, not just a HC. They better let the new GM and/or HC guy bring in his own people.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Nah. He already knows he's gone regardless of whether informed or not. Any current decision he makes carries the same weight.

They can hunt a HC all they want via an agent but can't interview and that 2hr max zoom session is like a 1st date without a kiss. You may eliminate someone but that's about it.
You keep trying to downplay the initial interview but you have no idea the weight it could carry.

What if the Jgas score Pederson? I'd be kinda mad if we were sitting on our hands and he went somewhere else.

Our future of the franchise QB's fate could very well depend on getting this right - it's not a "wait and see" situation.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Then that needs to the priority for the McCaskeys
I guess the next clue will be if Nagy has been notified that he's being let go or not.

He may have just dodged the question. We should hear something soon.

There's no advantage to keeping Nagy these last two weeks and not telling him he's been canned....unless you're going to let him play out his contract thru 2022...or you're super incompetent. ? ⬇️

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You keep trying to downplay the initial interview but you have no idea the weight it could carry.

What if the Jgas score Pederson? I'd be kinda mad if we were sitting on our hands and he went somewhere else.

Our future of the franchise QB's fate could very well depend on getting this right - it's not a "wait and see" situation.
Umm, Pederson can be interviewed and hired at any time/ today. The rule applies to those currently employed.

And meh. Diving in for the hot commodity without a complete picture has worked really well for Bear.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Umm, Pederson can be interviewed and hired at any time/ today. The rule applies to those currently employed.

And meh. Diving in for the hot commodity without a complete picture has worked really well for Bear.
So they could hire Pederson, not tell anyone, and fire (surprise) Nagy at the end of the season?

If so, I wasn't clear on that. Good enough for me.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We have no idea if Pace is getting fired - he might not be.
Personally, I feel this news today that Nagy will coach the last two games means Pace will be fired black Monday with Nagy.

Bears would not fire Nagy to start the interviews knowing they do not have a GM in place. Pace is cooked imo

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So they could hire Pederson, not tell anyone, and fire (surprise) Nagy at the end of the season?

If so, I wasn't clear on that. Good enough for me.
They'd need to notify the NFL like any contract but they can't hire any of the restricted interview candidates until after the season anyway.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Personally, I feel this news today that Nagy will coach the last two games means Pace will be fired black Monday with Nagy.

Bears would not fire Nagy to start the interviews knowing they do not have a GM in place. Pace is cooked imo
Makes no sense, they could both be fired today. Why wait?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Or moved up but I'd be surprised if he continues as GM and hiring a HC before the GM is ass backwards. Bears meeting with Trace Armstrong earlier this month may have been about that. It's also easy enough to show interest in a coach hire via an agent at any time. Nobody that would want to work here and we wanted to work here is getting snatched up via a 2hr zoom interview. If so, that GM shouldn't have his job either.

Canth

Liked Posts:
One thing I don't understand in all the talk of this new zoom/phone interview deal for head coaches is: Why doesn't the NFL allow teams to do zoom/phone interviews for potential new GMs? Or is that also a part of it and it just hasn't been released to the media? What are the rules for interviewing people for GM? Is it 100% that they have to wait until the end of the season to do so? And if so, then wtf NFL for not allowing that as well.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Makes no sense, they could both be fired today. Why wait?
Don’t want to go 2 weeks without a GM? They know they need to hire a GM first before a coach? Idk man, it’s the bears

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If Ryan Pace was being "promoted" why wouldn't you announce it and the GM vacancy right now?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I guess the next clue will be if Nagy has been notified that he's being let go or not.

He may have just dodged the question. We should hear something soon.

There's no advantage to keeping Nagy these last two weeks and not telling him he's been canned....unless you're going to let him play out his contract thru 2022...or you're super incompetent. ? ⬇️
Highly highly doubt we will found out until after the season if they told Nagy he’s not coming back. Just doesn’t feel like the McCaskey MO. Plus they might be using this time to gear up for a new GM search, which is a lot harder than a head coaching search.