Will you rip your phallus off if Nagy hasn't been fired by lunchtime tomorrow?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
With all the money the Bears have wasted over the years on bloated contracts and paying salaries of coaches who don't even coach the team anymore, it's a wonder why they don't just toss a king's ransom at Bill Belichik or Sean Payton or someone of that caliber to come save this franchise. It would actually be cheaper to give someone like that a cruise-ship worth of cash than it has been riding the coaching carousel that we've been on the past decade. We KNOW this ownership group can't identify talent, so take the guesswork out of it. Find someone HOF-bound and bribe them to come here

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Because they are officially allowed to interview other coaches today.
Are they allowed to interview coaches if they tell Nagy he'll be done after the season?

46plank

Liked Posts:
Why would any top of the line coaches want to come to such a poorly ran organization?
Things at the top need to change first like ownership for one. This team needs be owned and operated by people that know football, not just business.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Why would any top of the line coaches want to come to such a poorly ran organization?
Things at the top need to change first like ownership for one. This team needs be owned and operated by people that know football, not just business.
Yep.

IMHO, this factors in more than "getting to work with Justin Fields." That and the cap situation (horrendous).

Further down the list is no 1st round pick in '22.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who are the top of the line HC candidates? No one stock seems to be soaring right now.

Also, maybe some of the same reasons Bruce Arians wanted to come to this poorly ran organization.

jive

Liked Posts:
The Bears way would be to interview candidates while Nagy coaches the remaining 2 games.
I don't think he has to be fired, he just needs to be notified that he won't be with the club next season.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I think it's status quo until the end if the year. These single 2 hour Zoom interviews are big MEH. Much more concerned that they sort their front office within days of our last game and that those decisions are already made or in their last stages.

There's no point in letting Nagy go earlier than a new GM is in place if that is happening. It would be easy to tell Nagy he's gone and keep him around if that were the agenda. He may do it for free but then give him another a $100k per game as added compensation to do so and prove he's the team guy but not a sucker at the same time. Easy peasy and pocket change for the front office.
This............until we know exactly what will happen with Pace, who the next coach may be is of secondary concern.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I can think of much more enjoyable ways to abuse my phallus.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Any coach interested in coming to the Bears will happily wait a few weeks - everyone knows the coaching role in Chicago is open, the question that is more pertinent is the GM role and above - that's where it would be good to see some movement or at worst, clarity, on who will be there in 2022

I doubt letting the visor coach Foles for a couple more games is going to make much of a difference

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point the best we can hope for is that he’s been told he isn’t coming back, but Bears gonna Bear & put fans at the bottom of their priorities.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Any coach interested in coming to the Bears will happily wait a few weeks - everyone knows the coaching role in Chicago is open,...
Early bird gets the worm.

Quality candidates are not waiting for the bumble-fuck Bears to finally call them. You got to be aggressive here.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I think it's mostly irrelevant to fire him now versus doing it 2 weeks from now. The Bears need a managerial overhaul on top of a coach firing. If they fire Nagy today, who is doing the interviewing? Pace? George and Ted?

They can't really do anything until they have a new general manager/and or a new president of football operations guy calling the shots. This is why they should have launched both Pace and Nagy over Thanksgiving and started their search for a new top guy to have in place by now. Then that new person could be the one doing all the interviews for a GM and HC, and we wouldn't have wasted any time.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think it's mostly irrelevant to fire him now versus doing it 2 weeks from now. The Bears need a managerial overhaul on top of a coach firing. If they fire Nagy today, who is doing the interviewing? Pace? George and Ted?

They can't really do anything until they have a new general manager/and or a new president of football operations guy calling the shots. This is why they should have launched both Pace and Nagy over Thanksgiving and started their search for a new top guy to have in place by now. Then that new person could be the one doing all the interviews for a GM and HC, and we wouldn't have wasted any time.
I think it's prudent to start interviewing coaches now...regardless of the GM situation. If Pace is truly getting promoted or is staying put...it doesn't matter at all.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm waaaaay more fearful the Bears goofball President of Football Operations will decide to keep him on and sign him to an extension.