Williams - Summer League

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Big year for pat. Needs to stay aggressive and take another step defensively .Could work on his passing as well. Sky’s the limit for him and he’s still so young, it’ll take some time

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Big year for pat. Needs to stay aggressive and take another step defensively .Could work on his passing as well. Sky’s the limit for him and he’s still so young, it’ll take some time
Their entire focus leading up to the season should be his development. If he can become a great player then this team can contend in the east

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Their entire focus leading up to the season should be his development. If he can become a great player then this team can contend in the east

I could see where he could end up with similar averages to last year, but develop a good bit still. On this team, scoring 10 ppg is different than the 10 a game he avg last year, for example

and I think this team can contend in the East, not that I’m saying they are going to the eastern conference finals or anything.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How was Marko?

he looked a lot better than the first game. Seemed to have a better feel for where to be on the court. Played with more confidence. He’s definitely limited defensively and even athletically, but seems like he could be a solid role player

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I’m not sold on that type of jump this year but they should definitely be focusing on his development for sure

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He needs to work on his dribbling. He almost lost the ball twice with no defender even close to him on one play, and that was close to half court.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He needs to work on his dribbling. He almost lost the ball twice with no defender even close to him on one play, and that was close to half court.
That too. I still think he’s a long ways away from even sniffing his potential. Ideally, this year he becomes a very good defender, and maintains his 3 PT% with an additional 2 attempts. Ball handling improvement takes time and that heavily influences being aggressive. Can’t be aggressive when you lose the ball and create too many TO

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That too. I still think he’s a long ways away from even sniffing his potential. Ideally, this year he becomes a very good defender, and maintains his 3 PT% with an additional 2 attempts. Ball handling improvement takes time and that heavily influences being aggressive. Can’t be aggressive when you lose the ball and create too many TO

it’s going to be hard for Williams to find 2 more attempts from 3 a game with the additions of ball and derozan. That’s 27 field goal attempts combined being added to the roster. Only so many shots to be taken in a game. That’s why I mentioned how Williams could end up with numbers that look pretty similar to last year on the surface, but could still be a solid improvement from the year before in reality

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don’t think it should be difficult to find an extra shot or two. Especially with lonzo and Demar in theory able to get him better looks. Either way, I’d like that percentage to stay where it’s at or improve with more attempts. Whether that be 1-2 more. If he’s still only attempting 7 FGA per game next season, that would be disappointing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see where he could end up with similar averages to last year, but develop a good bit still. On this team, scoring 10 ppg is different than the 10 a game he avg last year, for example

and I think this team can contend in the East, not that I’m saying they are going to the eastern conference finals or anything.
I expect a steady progression year by year from him.

10ppg, 16 ppg, 18 pig, 22 ppg...

Something like that. I think he gets there in 3-6 years, and if he can keep going beyond that he'll be a perennial all-star and a championship contender.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Some dumb fuck at NBA network thought it would be a great idea to make bulls fans listen to Isiah Thomas all fucking game

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ayo looks like a lottery pick out there.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Williams looked good in those 3 games. I'm excited for his progression.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it’s going to be hard for Williams to find 2 more attempts from 3 a game with the additions of ball and derozan. That’s 27 field goal attempts combined being added to the roster. Only so many shots to be taken in a game. That’s why I mentioned how Williams could end up with numbers that look pretty similar to last year on the surface, but could still be a solid improvement from the year before in reality
Also have to take into account that those guys might be taking less shots as well as the fact that we don't know yet how BD is going to construct the offense. We're all just guessing, but of course that's all we can do until preseason gives us a glimpse.

Either way, we should look to see an improvement in the quality of shots PW is taking and hopefully an efficiency improvement as well to go along with that. So to your point, perhaps he still averages about 10ppg, but if his percentages jump up, that may be just as noteworthy as a ppg increase.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to agree with @Enasic that the addition of a real point guard and another scoring threat is going to lead to some easy buckets.

Ball-Lavine-Derozan(SF?)-Williams(PF?)-Vucevic?

Caruso/Dotson-White-Ayo(SF?)-Bradley

This is the smallest team I've seen in the NBA...ever? Donovan must want to play small ball. They should really pursue a pure rim protector once they clear Lauri off the books. Williams could grow into that but they need a legit defender at PF for Lauri.

Do I like it? No...I don't know what the fuck we are doing from a team building stand point. You can't play small ball with Ball/Derozan and a second year player in Williams...

Like thats not the "Death Star"..."Thats the Brick Builder"...maybe call it "The Wall"...and Bulls fans will pay for it.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to agree with @Enasic that the addition of a real point guard and another scoring threat is going to lead to some easy buckets.

Ball-Lavine-Derozan(SF?)-Williams(PF?)-Vucevic?

Caruso/Dotson-White-Ayo(SF?)-Bradley

This is the smallest team I've seen in the NBA...ever? Donovan must want to play small ball. They should really pursue a pure rim protector once they clear Lauri off the books. Williams could grow into that but they need a legit defender at PF for Lauri.

Do I like it? No...I don't know what the fuck we are doing from a team building stand point. You can't play small ball with Ball/Derozan and a second year player in Williams...

Like thats not the "Death Star"..."Thats the Brick Builder"...maybe call it "The Wall"...and Bulls fans will pay for it.
I believe TBJ will play back up SF. Not that he is tall, but is good defender.