Wilson Watch: consolidated news regarding Wilson.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am going to start consolidating all the Russell Wilson stuff here. This includes stuff that may not be directly tied to him but things that could point towards a trade or be affected by one.

Latest:

Protection and replacement backup qb if Foles is traded?

Older:

Foles has a contract language that makes trading him after March 20th harder:

Talk is Foles to Indy or Denver - which means more picks for Seattle for Wilson...

On Andy Dalton:

If they trade Foles, Dalton ends up the backup replacement...

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd hardly call this Seattle using the media to negotiate. 4 days ago it was reported bears were making a huge offer Seattle could not reject. They obviously haven't accepted it which means they likely aren't so if bears still want him the only solution is offering more

You must not have understood what was going on during the Wentz debacle.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
wentz being available for trade was one of the worst nfl secrets...

that is not the case for wilson, noone knows which direction the seahawks will move in...the media/eagles used the bears to try and drive the price up for wentz...being that wilson only listed 4 teams he'd be ok with, the media can say what they want but that doesnt drive up the price as no other team has shown any remote interest of making an offer for wilson.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Do we really think Seattle is as motivated to trade their QB as the Eagles and Rams were?

I don't. My guess is they'll only accept a fleecing. Like Herschel Walker to Minnesota. We will just have to hope Pace isn't that desperate.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
wentz being available for trade was one of the worst nfl secrets...

that is not the case for wilson, noone knows which direction the seahawks will move in...the media/eagles used the bears to try and drive the price up for wentz...being that wilson only listed 4 teams he'd be ok with, the media can say what they want but that doesnt drive up the price as no other team has shown any remote interest of making an offer for wilson.
Wilson only listed 4 teams but that doesn't mean he won't accept trades to other teams. Seattle could definitely be playing the bears

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Wilson only listed 4 teams but that doesn't mean he won't accept trades to other teams. Seattle could definitely be playing the bears

if wilson was deadset on leaving he would have formally requested a trade however imo wilson doesn't want to look like the bad guy so he is trying to force the seahawks into a decision, trade him or allow him more input on gameplans etc...by selecting the 4 teams he wouldnt mind going to its a win win for him, either he gets traded to a team he chose or he gets more power within the organization...he doesnt need to do the seahawks any favors by expanding his list so the seahawks can extort more picks/players and he waste his remaining years on a rebuild team. I'm sure he'd like it if the team that is trading for him doesnt give up too much so that they can still build around him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
if wilson was deadset on leaving he would have formally requested a trade however imo wilson doesn't want to look like the bad guy so he is trying to force the seahawks into a decision, trade him or allow him more input on gameplans etc...by selecting the 4 teams he wouldnt mind going to its a win win for him, either he gets traded to a team he chose or he gets more power within the organization...he doesnt need to do the seahawks any favors by expanding his list so the seahawks can extort more picks/players and he waste his remaining years on a rebuild team. I'm sure he'd like it if the team that is trading for him doesnt give up too much so that they can still build around him.
I dont think he'd expand to rebuilding teams, but I think he'd be okay with teams like San Francisco and Miami and I'm sure others but those are the ones that come to mind

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
isn't this guy just some random blogger?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I dont think he'd expand to rebuilding teams, but I think he'd be okay with teams like San Francisco and Miami and I'm sure others but those are the ones that come to mind

he wants to be the focal point of the offense...there are two things wrong with the 49ers...
1 - in division rival, they could offer every player and pick... i dont see the seahawks ever saying yes...
2 - heavy run scheme offense, run game is the focal point not the qb

as for miami, there have been reports that wilson has no interest in miami and sees it more of a distraction in terms of location.
Pats - same kinda situation as with carroll, i dont see BB giving in.
Broncos - this would be the only team i could see wilson being ok expanding to...

bottom line here is how long before pace pulls the plug and says i'm done getting stringed along

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Instead of keeping chunking up more Wilson threads, I am going to just put new information in this thread until this thing is settled officially, one way or another. This includes direct AND indirect news.

The latest:

Foles has a contract language that makes trading him after March 20th harder:

Talk is Foles to Indy or Denver - which means more picks for Seattle for Wilson...

On Andy Dalton:

If they trade Foles, Dalton ends up the backup replacement...

Bust

Liked Posts:
Wilson listed the Raiders, Bears, Saints and Cowboys as his list of destinations.

Hmmm, Cowboys just inked Prescott so they out. Saints just inked Winston and they also in salary cap hell so not happening there. Raiders are just fine with Carr.

That leaves the Bears and Bears only boys!@

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wilson listed the Raiders, Bears, Saints and Cowboys as his list of destinations.

Hmmm, Cowboys just inked Prescott so they out. Saints just inked Winston and they also in salary cap hell so not happening there. Raiders are just fine with Carr.

That leaves the Bears and Bears only boys!@
It's gonna happen

CalebsFingerNails

Liked Posts:
I haven't been this stressed getting a qb since the 17 draft, and we know how that turned out...??