Win Now or Developing Which one are we doing ?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
What kind of numbers are you guys expecting from Fields?

Kyler Murray has 3,700 & 3,900 yards with 20 & 26 TDs in his first 2 years - with no playoffs.

Not saying we're as bad as AZ, but when we say "win now," are we talking about a playoff win?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Developing. The future of this franchise is Fields - any current talents on the team are frankly just not as important as developing a young franchise QB. Note: that doesn't mean tanking, but you make decisions based on whats best for Fields - worst thing they can do is sacrifice future assets to try and squeeze a few extra drops out of right now.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Developing. The future of this franchise is Fields - any current talents on the team are frankly just not as important as developing a young franchise QB. Note: that doesn't mean tanking, but you make decisions based on whats best for Fields - worst thing they can do is sacrifice future assets to try and squeeze a few extra drops out of right now.
Thank God we got Matt Nagy developing our future.

Liked Posts:
Why not both? A franchise can make the postseason with a rookie QB under center and dare I say a couple of young OTs.

The Bears do have a semi legit running game that the issue wasnt that they didnt use it, but rather they didnt use it when they should have and the situation called for it.

I am excited about the defense under the new DC. I didnt mind Pagano but for fk sake that guy put me to sleep.

Young players taking their lumps doesnt mean you have a mandate to losing.

I actually think a young player taking their lumps while the team as a whole finds a way to win is a very good thing for the franchise and that young players confidence and development.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our offense wasn't just bad last year, it was uniquely bad. They set franchise records for ineptitude. Weren't they worse than the John Fox years?

I think Fields is going to be good, but we're chugging a 55 gallon drum of off-season Kool Aid right now...lol

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Our offense wasn't just bad last year, it was uniquely bad. They set franchise records for ineptitude. Weren't they worse than the John Fox years?

I think Fields is going to be good, but we're chugging a 55 gallon drum of off-season Kool Aid right now...lol

Hopefully an upgrade in QB, LT, and a healthy James Daniels will do wonders for an offense. Montgomery last 6 games were really good. Now Bears QB will have time to throw the ball to deeper progressions instead of dumping it off due to lack of time.

greg23

Liked Posts:
20-0 while we develop our young OL and QB

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is a tough one for me, because I am of the opinion that we are in a perfect situation with TWO Vet QB (both have proven to be good team mates) to allow him to sit and learn.

BUT I know sure as shit, that as soon as we start having games where we are scoring 10 points and losing by a field goal, I will be beating the table for them to put him in.....

It will surprise me if he is not on the Field(s) after the bye week

mecha

Liked Posts:
if they were in rebuild/tank mode (with Nagy/Pace's jobs on the line) I don't think they trade up to get Fields. they not only need to start winning games, they need to win playoff games. and get in the playoffs convincingly, not back in on technicalities because the NFL keep changing shit for the sake of changing shit. sidenote: the 17 game schedule where there's an imbalance of home/road games is the biggest bunch of fucking garbage I've ever seen.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The reality is that the Bears are going to try to win now. The coaches and the front office need for the team to be competitive. I don't think they are on a crazy short leash, but they also can't get away with only winning like 3-4 games and keep their jobs.

From a development standpoint, we just have to hope that Nagy and company find a way to get it done. It would not be a good thing to constantly switch up the coaching and offense for Fields. They did that crap with Cutler and it did him no favors. Fields should be better than Cutler anyway, but if you really want to maximize your qb's potential - you don't change the offensive scheme and philosophy on him every offseason. For better or worse, the Bears need to give Nagy and his staff more than just 1 year to develop Fields. A big part of that, imo, is going to be DeFilippo's job and I hope he is also around for the next couple of years to make it happen.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
What kind of numbers are you guys expecting from Fields?

Kyler Murray has 3,700 & 3,900 yards with 20 & 26 TDs in his first 2 years - with no playoffs.

Not saying we're as bad as AZ, but when we say "win now," are we talking about a playoff win?

Now just imagine those numbers if he’d sat a year while the team worked on OL lol

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Fields will start sooner rather than later week four against the Lions might be the perfect time, at home and against the worst team in the North.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its win now for Nagy and Pace if they don't they won't be around to for the development part. If the Bears come out 0-3 Fields in against the lions.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not of the mindset that every QB needs to sit and learn for x amount of time. I feel like Fields is going to be ready, and already better than Andy Dalton by week 1.

If our OL is decent, put him out there. That's my only concern. Don't get your rookie killed and shellshocked like David Carr.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears need to win and if Fields is slinging it during training camp and it's obvious that he gives them the best chance to win, he will play. Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson are expected to play. Fields has just as much experience as those guys.

greg23

Liked Posts:
if they were in rebuild/tank mode (with Nagy/Pace's jobs on the line) I don't think they trade up to get Fields. they not only need to start winning games, they need to win playoff games. and get in the playoffs convincingly, not back in on technicalities because the NFL keep changing shit for the sake of changing shit. sidenote: the 17 game schedule where there's an imbalance of home/road games is the biggest bunch of fucking garbage I've ever seen.

But there really isn't an imbalance

All afc teams have 9 home games
All nfc teams have 8 home games