Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Loser: Bears

The tight end position was not a pressing need so it is hard to justify the selection of Cole Kmet in the second round. Cornerback Jaylon Johnson is a great player but was only on the board because he had been dealing with an injury. Edge rusher Trevis Gipson was picked too early. Cornerback Kindle Vildor was a solid pick. He is a feisty competitor who can step in and fulfill a nickel role. Tulane wide receiver Darnell Mooney has great speed but needs to continue his development.

Chicago ended the event by adding two relatively unknown prospects: offensive linemen Arlington Hambright and Lachavious Simmons.

Loser: Packers

The Packers essentially did nothing for Aaron Rodgers in the first two days. After trading up for quarterback Jordan Love in Round 1, they chose running back A.J. Dillon and tight end Josiah Deguara. Both players were big reaches, according to our rankings, and it's possible neither makes a major impact in 2020. It did not get much better on Day 3. Linebacker Kamal Martin was a solid selection but then they loaded up on underwhelming offensive linemen: Simon Stepaniak, Jon Runyan and Jake Hanson. Safety Vernon Scott and edge rusher Jonathan Garvin were selected on Day 3. Garvin was a solid pick but the evaluation of a whole class should not rest on the ability of the team's last pick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The 1st round value WRs were gone. At that point you might as well wait on a deep position in this draft. Mooney is a lot like Hamler with better ball skills. Less physical but a little guy in the nfl is a little guy either way. Solid LT prospects were gone. If other needs aren't there to pick , other OL spots are fine but not a great value unless a top guy drops.

The other position that could have been a high value selection is safety with Delpit. I get why some were pissed we didn't select him but for this team the right TE is a lot more valuable than a SS and Kmet was not a reach. By taking Kmet at 43 instead of 50, which is about where I'd slot him, the Bear were very likely going to get one of Johnson, Delpit or Diggs at 50 and 2 were still there. There were no offensive alternates to Kmet and good chance he'd be gone by 50. Hamler is a lot like what we got later and Claypool is a guy.

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think we were losers last year too according to the critics. I think it has more to do with not having a 1st round pick.

Usually the winners have multiple 1st rounders and/or plenty of picks throughout...

Not really a fair comparison

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m good at math

we took the number one ranked te in the 2 round passing over the 8th best ranked wr or ot

idk guess that makes them losers lol

Some scouts are asking why the Bears took a TE when they already had 9. Pretty easy answer, almost all of them suck

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
This is poor, lazy analysis. Anyone with a little bit of knowledge of the Bears would know TE was a need. Kmet went in the area he was slated to go.

Jaylon Johnson is an injury risk or he would have been long gone. Talent wise, he was 3rd to 5th best corner. His injury risk is fairly low being upper body. Will be ready to play and should be the starting corner.

When it comes to late round picks, its hard to say when guys are picked too early or late. Most of the picks that fall are medicals based on info none of us at home are privy to. Any writer that is talking about players being overdrafted or picked too soon in anything past about the 4th round is clueless. Most of the players in the late rounds are very similar in talent so goes by individual scouting, private workouts, team needs, scheme fit, special teams ability, character,

Still - with 5 minutes of research you can see that, Gipson was mocked 117, 139, 146 and 189 by a group of analysts. And this seems consistent with other mocks. He went 155, so where he was slated.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Some scouts are asking why the Bears took a TE when they already had 9. Pretty easy answer, almost all of them suck

I don’t get it. The offense stinks and one of the glaring holes was te and it’s been potentially fixed. Does this fix everything? Nope hell no? Does it make pace a good gm? Hell no. Show me a team that is 100% ready to go for 2020 season there is no such thing. Every team has a hole on it that wasn’t able to be fixed. There is only so many picks and draft capital every offseason that can upgrade a team

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
2019 bears TEs, one of the worst position groups in nfl
Spend 9mil a year on an old TE..”Bears suck, worst FA signing”
Admit your previous FA TE is a bitch and drop him..”Bears suck again”
Draft the best TE mid 2nd round “lol Bears suck, they don’t need a TE”

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I mentioned yesterday, one analysis on one of the late OTs said "he has versatility and a mean streak, making him worthy of being picked", and then the Bears got a D+ after drafting him with their last pick, in the middle of the last round. :)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only thing for certain is that we certainly don't know how these picks will turn out

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bottom line is we can all react the same way to the draft grades:
"They gave us a C for drafting needs, hidden gems and great unknown prospects with untapped potential! Ignore their grades. They know nothing!"

Also us: "Haha! Green Bay got a D!! That is great news!"

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Majority of post draft analysis uses the need aspect of grading instead of BPA. It’s a flawed approach. This fucking guy fucked it all up. The Bears drafted a need and BPA. Kmet is a stud with 1st rd potential.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Wife: "Pick up a loaf of bread, please. That loaf we have is stale."

Me: Picks up loaf of bread.

Draft gurus: "He had 16 slices at home. Bread was not a need!"
Actually we had 10 or 11 slices, lol ?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Remember the draft gurus saying the trubisky Mahommes Watson draft was worst qb draft ever. We see how the experts got that wrong and there was only one bum ass qb that draft. In fact two of those qbs are better than all the qbs in the following two drafts(I guess except Lamar Jackson)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stating that TE was not a pressing need proved they know fuck all. The Bears has quantity at the position but very little in the way of quality!

They did sign Jimmy Graham to a 2 year 16 million deal as well as signed Harris so as it relates to this year no it was a pressing need. It was certainly a need long term but not pressing.

Given it has usually taken TEs a while to develop, it is very possible that Graham and Harris will end up with more playtime this year than Kmet.