With just a little bit of decent protection, Fields showed us that he can be a MONSTER!!!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Would still like to see the passing game opened up more…. and we still need more weapons…. but the protection was half decent today and Fields played a monster game. He showed that if you give just a little bit of a pocket and keep people off of him to 2/3 seconds, he can do some real damage to opposing teams with his arm.

1. He should have had 2 TD’s passing
— Cole “The Statue” Kmet did not get his body around for what should have been TD number 2 — it was the perfect back shoulder throw — except with Kmet there is no back shoulder.

2. The INT was in garbage time and was off of Mooney’s hands so I really don’t count it,

3. He had over 100 yards rushing,

4. He had a very good completion %

5. Most importantly —- the kid played with TREMENDOUS heart!! The guy has the heart of a winner!!

—- Was he perfect?? No… but I loved what I saw today and think he is making very good strides to be a very good/to even ‘possibly’ great, NFL QB one day in the not too distant future.

Que the usual haters in 3,2, 1

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
— Cole “The Statue” Kmet did not get his body around for what should have been TD number 2 — it was the perfect back shoulder throw — except with Kmet there is no back shoulder.
Any other team, that's probably a PI. But zero respect = zero calls.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Besides competing with tremendous heart —- there were 2 things he did EXTRA special today that I saw:

1. That first TD pass was simply ridiculous!! While running the opposite direction of his arm — the way he whipped around and threw the ball into the smallest of windows!! Absolute perfection.

He showed rare ability with that pass.

2. That run for the TD was crazy good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't think the protection improved a lot. Fields was just quicker in his decision making. I suspect his time to throw and scramble went down relative to the season. Hopefully that is a sign he is speeding up his processing.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Don't think the protection improved a lot. Fields was just quicker in his decision making. I suspect his time to throw and scramble went down relative to the season. Hopefully that is a sign he is speeding up his processing.
the protection was awful, still not enough time, 15 tackles for loss by Bears says the OL is pathetic and/or the D knows exactly what the play call was. Our D did not get close to Jimmy ALL day.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

I never wrote that the protection was great … but it was better.

He didn’t have as many guys right on top of him as soon as snapped the ball. It happened a few times but not nearly as much as in the past.

I also noticed they assigned an extra player to chip and help out. That’s something they basically never did in the past when they always singled everyone up.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There was a play, I think it was a third down, where SF overload blitzed from the blindside and one of them came free. Fields knew it was coming, hit Goodwin on a slant in stride for the first down and more.

Fields made some wow plays today but that might have been my favorite.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
As much as I hope Fields is the answer, I remember what Buddy Ryan said years ago about a new QB or a new play.
He stated that after 2 weeks the films will be out and reviewed and adjustments made.
Justin is a skilled player, but successful defenses will adjust.
Let's wait a few weeks to see how teams adjust to him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never wrote that the protection was great … but it was better.

He didn’t have as many guys right on top of him as soon as snapped the ball. It happened a few times but not nearly as much as in the past.

I also noticed they assigned an extra player to chip and help out. That’s something they basically never did in the past when they always singled everyone up.

This simply isnt true. They have been chipping and using Bars as a TE since after the Browns debacle.

The main difference was Fields. He was much crisper with the ball and he ran. In previous games he would sit there and take sacks waiting for guys to get open.

He had over 100 yards today almost entirely because he stopped wasting time looking downfield when he scrambled. If he saw an opening he took it.

Until this OL gets better that is what he will have to do.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
As much as I hope Fields is the answer, I remember what Buddy Ryan said years ago about a new QB or a new play.
He stated that after 2 weeks the films will be out and reviewed and adjustments made.
Justin is a skilled player, but successful defenses will adjust.
Let's wait a few weeks to see how teams adjust to him.

We jump all over him when we perceive that he played poorly. Now that we clearly see he played well we don’t compliment him??!!

Fruck that!! Go somewhere with that DebbieDowner BS. The kid played his heart out. He deserves all of our applause… because we damn sure don’t hold back from ripping him apart when he think he did not do well.

Last edited:

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
This simply isnt true. They have been chipping and using Bars as a TE since after the Browns debacle.

The main difference was Fields. He was much crisper with the ball and he ran. In previous games he would sit there and take sacks waiting for guys to get open.

He had over 100 yards today almost entirely because he stopped wasting time looking downfield when he scrambled. If he saw an opening he took it.

Well any reasonable person knew that with reps, he would get better. He is a Rookie after all.

And we are simply going to have to agree to disagree on the Oline. Fields did NOT have as many people “right in his face” as soon as he snapped the ball today. That was an improvement. And no, the Bears did not help out as much (in the past) as much as they did today. I saw way more chipping going on.

Did they chip in Cleveland against Garrett?? No. Did they chip against Tampa Bay?? Mostly no — and not nearly enough.

We did more of it today and it showed on the field.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Any other team, that's probably a PI. But zero respect = zero calls.
Yeah I need to rewatch that. My initial reaction was PI but tough to see where I was watching the game

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Would still like to see the passing game opened up more…. and we still need more weapons…. but the protection was half decent today and Fields played a monster game. He showed that if you give just a little bit of a pocket and keep people off of him to 2/3 seconds, he can do some real damage to opposing teams with his arm.

2. The INT was in garbage time and was off of Mooney’s hands so I really don’t count it,

3. He had over 100 yards rushing,

4. He had a very good completion %

5. Most importantly —- the kid played with TREMENDOUS heart!! The guy has the heart of a winner!!

—- Was he perfect?? No… but I loved what I saw today and think he is making very good strides to be a very good/to even ‘possibly’ great, NFL QB one day in the not too distant future.

Que the usual haters in 3,2, 1
All they need to do is realize that Daniels should be where Mustipher is and get Whitehair is out of there.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

False. He would scramble and try and make plays. You're making it sound like he's Zach Wilson, he's not.