With Teven Jenkins not likely to start with Patrick's return Bears should trade him

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
gimme a break. Patrick is the starting center!!! The only way he is not playing center against S.F. is if he still can't snap the ball well due to the injury. The Bears have stayed firm from the beginning., the 5 best players will start. Jenkins can't play center if PAtrick can. Mustipher can. If Jenkins is not starting it's only for the short term until Patrick is back at center. And who says Jenkins wouldn't play RT in the short term either? Treaded unfair my ass. Crackpot reporting again by CCS

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Key free agent whose total contract is less than Reif even if he doesn’t hit his bonuses and reif isn’t starting. I think it’s safe to say they will start the best five another Daniel fail lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
And this is such a Special person take I’d be embarrassed to have it published on my site.

IF TJ is beat out by Patrick or even mustipher, you don’t trade him just because..

They will need quality backups.

The front office and coaching staff has said since day 1 the best 5 will be out there.

This is the way. You don’t trade a guy with upside because he’s still figuring things out.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Patrick should be the Center.
He should be but there's reports that he may not be ready to snap the ball because of his hand. If he's not snapping the ball they're moving him to guard.

They act
And this is such a Special person take I’d be embarrassed to have it published on my site.

IF TJ is beat out by Patrick or even mustipher, you don’t trade him just because..

They will need quality backups.

The front office and coaching staff has said since day 1 the best 5 will be out there.

This is the way. You don’t trade a guy with upside because he’s still figuring things out.
The coaching staff may talk about the best five guys, but the best five guys would be Jenkins at RT given how bad Borom has looked in pass protection. We all know who the best five guys are and the best five doesn't include either Mustipher or Borom ahead of Jenkins and yet that's exactly what's gearing up to happen.

What Bears fans see and what we as fans want are completely different than what Ryan Poles is gearing up to do with Jenkins.

They're going to start Patrick at center, move Mustipher to right guard and have Borom at right tackle. They then went out and signed Alex Leatherwood to be the swing tackle. Why in the hell do they sign Leatherwood to be a swing offensive tackle guy? Jenkins can fill that role just fine.

They're putting things in place to downgrade Jenkins' role on the roster. This entire thing has been a charade to get him back on the team and involved so they can pump his trade value as an offensive tackle and a guard. Meanwhile Poles has been working behind the scenes to move on from Jenkins.

It doesn't matter how good he looks to all of us, he doesn't fit the zone blocking system that they are running and that's exactly the pattern of actions they've been following from the beginning of OTAs. They want athletes with better movement than what Jenkins offers and so they've been adding guys that fit that profile. Leatherwood, Carter, Thomas, Patrick, Mustipher, they have been working those guys into the system.

They've been shopping Jenkins and undermining him as a player with the Schofield and Reiff signing. All of their actions say they don't like Jenkins. This week they're already talking about moving Patrick to right guard if he's not ready to snap the ball. Why are they saying they're going to put Patrick at guard when Jenkins has held down the spot just fine by all signs?

It doesn't matter WHAT we think, it's what they're doing....

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seems like a stupid idea to trade Jenkins for any offer out of the goodness of the Bears heart because they treated him unfairly.

My guess is he ends up starting most games this season somewhere on the line.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The ONLY rationale I’ve heard that makes sense for trading him is if the medical staff thinks his back is not going to hold up and they want to get something before it goes.

Otherwise it makes no sense. He obviously is talented and seems to be working very hard at his craft this camp. Any comments about him not fitting the scheme also make no sense as he’s looked just fine.

I’m hoping he stays a Bear and am tired of talking about this. Sunday can’t come soon enough.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
If Patrick can't play center, then he shouldn't play at all until his hand is fully healed. Don't fuck with Jenkins any more than you already have. Replacing him now would be such a needless, low ceiling move that has almost no upside.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also if Patrick has to wear a cast to play, give me a Healthy Jenkins anyday.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Who are these writers hired by CCS? Where do you find these guys? Between Sigler and this guy, there's so much stupidity in these articles.

So Patrick can't snap the ball and yet he can grapple with 300-pound linemen at Guard. Sure, buddy. With regards to Leatherwood, Poles has already said he's a project and they will "refresh or reload" him. I forget the exact term he used.

Most likely, Mustipher will start at center since Patrick hasn't practiced at all. And they're not replacing Jenkins with a guy who was just jettisoned from another team.

I know your job is to write clickbait articles. But please at least make some sense. It's not really that difficult.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
gimme a break. Patrick is the starting center!!! The only way he is not playing center against S.F. is if he still can't snap the ball well due to the injury. The Bears have stayed firm from the beginning., the 5 best players will start. Jenkins can't play center if PAtrick can. Mustipher can. If Jenkins is not starting it's only for the short term until Patrick is back at center. And who says Jenkins wouldn't play RT in the short term either? Treaded unfair my ass. Crackpot reporting again by CCS
If he can't hold/snap a football, how's he going the control a T by his jersey? If he plays, it's at C.

Worst article this year.

"No," Poles said when asked if Jenkins should be worried about being traded. "I had a good conversation with him, and I told him how proud I was of him. Again, I think it's about building the best five. I think we have a good five with him at guard. So, I think it's good for us to have Teven at guard right now."

"The way we got to that Cleveland game, we felt pretty good about it. I'm really happy for him and the progress he's made. He's settling in well and I think he's gonna help us there."