With Teven Jenkins not likely to start with Patrick's return Bears should trade him

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
What a stretch....

Jenkins has showed to be very capable at RG and is capable of playing at both Tackle positions if needed. I think if he is healthy he is starting.

Mustipher and Borom have both shown to be the weakest links along the O-line. Patrick will likely not start until he is ready to play center, mainly because has not been able to show that he is better than Jenkins or Whitehair.....

I won’t believe Reiff is beat until week 5.

It’s gonna be
Jones-Leatherwood-Whitehair-Jenkins-Reiff

By years end.
I see a lot of support for Whitehair at Center, but he has never been able to deliver a spiral snap consistently. He went to the flat, slow snap to avoid wildly erratic snaps, but that exchange between the Center and QB is too critical to trust him with it....

There is no doubt in my mind that the blocking, Leadership and calls would all be top notch, but it is impossible to ignore the snap since it is critical to timing.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It's a narrative that needs to die.
I think it was on its way to die down and then Adam Schefter brought it back up again as if it still had legs. Patrick's status has almost no impact on Jenkins in my opinion other than I think when Patrick replaces Mustipher, Jenkins will have to worry less about providing assistance to the inside where Mustipher gets beaten more often than we would like to see. Jenkins still has value to this Oline which is unproven and I cannot understand why fans are ready to move on before we finally get a chance to see Jenkins in action and finally healthy in regular season play.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What a stretch....

Jenkins has showed to be very capable at RG and is capable of playing at both Tackle positions if needed. I think if he is healthy he is starting.

Mustipher and Borom have both shown to be the weakest links along the O-line. Patrick will likely not start until he is ready to play center, mainly because has not been able to show that he is better than Jenkins or Whitehair.....
Correct Jenkins is the best guard on the roster, arguably the best offensive lineman on the team. But do the Bears see it that way? Jenkins should be starting ahead of Borom at right tackle, he's not. Jenkins may get bumped in favor of Patrick of Mustipher at center, he shouldn't but that's the way they're setting it up with Patrick's return. The Bears said yesterday the plan is to look at Patrick at right guard if he's not ready to go at center.

Head coach Matt Eberflus said Patrick is an option at both center and guard, and the team is looking at combinations with him both at center and guard.

Why in the fuck should Patrick get a look at guard? Why is that even in the discussion at this point? Dude hasn't practiced at guard, he was brought in to be the center and was injured. If he's not ready to play center then he shouldn't play. But do the Bears see it that way? No they're already contemplating the same shit they did when they walked in on day one of OTAs.

They're going right back to the same shit they had in place before the injury.

Why in the hell should Jenkins bust his ass to earn a starting gig, why in the hell should Jenkins bust his ass to prove he's the best offensive tackle if at every turn the front office and coaching staff is going to undermine his play? His play speaks volumes. He's better than Borom, he's probably better than Braxton Jones, he's better than Sam Mustipher, and yet he's been moved around from left tackle to right tackle and now to right guard. Despite the fact that he's better than all of the starters on the roster.

Jenkins is arguably the best offensive lineman on the fucking team and yet he gets treated like he's not the best one. The Bears are looking for a reason to demote him at every turn.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think it was on its way to die down and then Adam Schefter brought it back up again as if it still had legs. Patrick's status has almost no impact on Jenkins in my opinion other than I think when Patrick replaces Mustipher, Jenkins will have to worry less about providing assistance to the inside where Mustipher gets beaten more often than we would like to see. Jenkins still has value to this Oline which is unproven and I cannot understand why fans are ready to move on before we finally get a chance to see Jenkins in action and finally healthy in regular season play.
I'm not ready to move on from Jenkins, but the Bears are continually acting like they are ready to move on from him. They moved him from left tackle, they moved him from right tackle, now they're looking to move him from right guard in favor of Mustipher or Patrick. The Bears are talking about moving Patrick to guard.

Why do they want to move Patrick to guard?

Why were they so eager to sign Leatherwood and anoint him the option at swing tackle?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Continuity is the most important thing at this point. If Patrick is not ready to go at C, he just simply should not play. He can be a backup until healthy. I cannot imagine that the coaches are seriously considering disrupting the line at more than one position simply to put Patrick on the field.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If Patrick can't play center, then he shouldn't play at all until his hand is fully healed. Don't fuck with Jenkins any more than you already have. Replacing him now would be such a needless, low ceiling move that has almost no upside.
This!!!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'm not ready to move on from Jenkins, but the Bears are continually acting like they are ready to move on from him. They moved him from left tackle, they moved him from right tackle, now they're looking to move him from right guard in favor of Mustipher or Patrick. The Bears are talking about moving Patrick to guard.

Why do they want to move Patrick to guard?

Why were they so eager to sign Leatherwood and anoint him the option at swing tackle?
They've said they want their best 5 offensive linemen. We aren't at practice every day to see how they perform, we only see them in games. Perhaps they want to see what the line would look like if Jenkins back gave out? Maybe they just want to give Patrick a few reps in case of an injury to Whitehair?

There's limited roster spots so you gotta do the best you can with the guys you got and you've got to have flexible linemen. They don't want to play Leatherwood yet - he just got here. I'm guessing they'd prefer to not play Ja'Tyre Carter (another rookie) in the event of injury in week 1 too as at that point, you'd potentially have 4 first or second year players on the line against arguably the best defensive line in the league. You need flexibility especially in your veteran linemen.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Eberflus said this just to give 49ers something to think about. There not a way in hell Patrick start if he's not ready, if he is healthy enough, he will play center. There's no need to disrupt freshly baked, cohesive unit. End of story.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Correct Jenkins is the best guard on the roster, arguably the best offensive lineman on the team. But do the Bears see it that way? Jenkins should be starting ahead of Borom at right tackle, he's not. Jenkins may get bumped in favor of Patrick of Mustipher at center, he shouldn't but that's the way they're setting it up with Patrick's return. The Bears said yesterday the plan is to look at Patrick at right guard if he's not ready to go at center.

Why in the fuck should Patrick get a look at guard? Why is that even in the discussion at this point? Dude hasn't practiced at guard, he was brought in to be the center and was injured. If he's not ready to play center then he shouldn't play. But do the Bears see it that way? No they're already contemplating the same shit they did when they walked in on day one of OTAs.

They're going right back to the same shit they had in place before the injury.

Why in the hell should Jenkins bust his ass to earn a starting gig, why in the hell should Jenkins bust his ass to prove he's the best offensive tackle if at every turn the front office and coaching staff is going to undermine his play? His play speaks volumes. He's better than Borom, he's probably better than Braxton Jones, he's better than Sam Mustipher, and yet he's been moved around from left tackle to right tackle and now to right guard. Despite the fact that he's better than all of the starters on the roster.

Jenkins is arguably the best offensive lineman on the fucking team and yet he gets treated like he's not the best one. The Bears are looking for a reason to demote him at every turn.
So because they said that Patrick will be tried at the two positions he has played in the past, you are leaping to the "Bears are looking for a reason to demote him (Jenkins)?"

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people keep trying to trade Teven Jenkins who is quite possibly our most talented offensive lineman?

Why does leatherwood think he’s a LT?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So because they said that Patrick will be tried at the two positions he has played in the past, you are leaping to the "Bears are looking for a reason to demote him (Jenkins)?"

If Mustipher and Patrick start what then?

And why did they sign Leatherwood to fill a position that Jenkins is very capable of filling.

The Bears are undermining Jenkins at every turn despite him being the best offensive lineman on the roster.

We all know Jenkins is probably going to be a stud that transcends scheme.

But why don't the Bears see it this way?

Jenkins has some Quintin Nelson type of mauler in him.

He should start at RT, or should start at RG or should be the primary backup OT.

Leatherwood shouldn't even be on the 53 there should be a WR or CB in his spot.

Jenkins as the swing is fine but here we are with some media charade about he's done so well and we like him despite how well he's balled out.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
wow, some Bears fans are becoming worse than the media. It's like they want the Bears to fail. Enough with the "trade Jenkins" garbage. It's not doing anyone any good. You might look at it as a joke, but its really annoying at this stage. Jenkins has already been through the grinder with this talk from the media and elsewhere. Now Bears fans are hopping on the bandwagon. Its stupid and shows a lack of knowledge for anything related to football, let alone evaluating a roster.

Just stop already. Jenkins has already proven to be a starter, and if you ask me, that happened last year (but thats a different discussion).