With the First overall pick the Chicago Bears...(First pick discussion only)

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think Levis will impress in shorts and in the interview portion, but I also think the more people watch his tape the more issues they will find in his decision making process. In my opinion he is a late 1st rd pick. Even if one of the top 10 likes him enough to draft him, I have to think some of them also will grade him far apart from the top 2 guys and therefore heighten the sense of urgency to trade up.

I bring this up because, I've already read some posts from dumb Texans and Colts fans who think we aren't drafting QB, nor is the Cardinals, and one of the top 2 QBs could drop to #4. Not happening. There will be multiple teams fighting for the #1 pick from us.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
My first choice, trade with the Texans and draft Anderson. Get as much in return as possible. Even 1 extra pick is better than nothing and we don’t miss drafting the player we want.

Second choice, make a 3 team deal with the colts and cardinals if possible. If cardinals want Carter, that’s even better. We still get picks and still get Anderson.

Third choice, just stay put and draft Anderson. It’s not a fail staying put and drafting the best player in this draft. Either way, we were not going to build a whole bad ass team in one offseason.

Last edited:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why wouldn’t he matter? This isn’t getting fixed in one season.

The key is to not whiff. Take the best player and stack good drafts
Right, but Anderson and then we don't pick again until 55? Or another DE and we get extra 1st/2nd round picks? I mean, it really depends on what we do in FA. If we can sign guys like Payne/Ngakoue then it makes sense to get Anderson, and maybe a stud WR with our next pick.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Potential top 3 pick Jalen Carter vs possible top 5 pick Quentin Johnston for the National Championship? One of these 2 could be in a Bear uniform??

WOW! Poles has all his first string scouts in this game!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If we can get Anderson and somehow Johnston, man that would be great. Then Payne in free agency and Hopkins on a cheap contract… Man, my pre-cum is having pre-cum…..

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The strawman is your misrepresentation of make believe scenarios. It's precisely what it means. No team is going to low ball to anything approaching that offer.

Then it's not my strawman. I didn't create the offer that is half the value of what it should be to even be considered.
The make believe scenarios are a misrepresentation of the fact that the draft value charts exist!

I want to run into some dealings with people around this board. They're obviously not the ones who think a years old item should be discounted a few percent under the new retail price and they will take whatever low ball offer gets thrown their way.

My mother was low balled on a '66 Mustang that was already way below its value. She reached in, grabbed the keys and walked off. The car wasn't getting sold to that guy under any circumstances.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Those of you that think the Bears will trade down with Houston and then again with Indy are living a pipe dream. One of those trade downs will happen, not both.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then it's not my strawman. I didn't create the offer that is half the value of what it should be to even be considered.
The make believe scenarios are a misrepresentation of the fact that the draft value charts exist!

I want to run into some dealings with people around this board. They're obviously not the ones who think a years old item should be discounted a few percent under the new retail price and they will take whatever low ball offer gets thrown their way.

My mother was low balled on a '66 Mustang that was already way below its value. She reached in, grabbed the keys and walked off. The car wasn't getting sold to that guy under any circumstances.
Yes you did create that bogus offer. WTF? I doubt mom said 'I'm not selling it for $4k' and walked off before anyone else suggested that price.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems to me Poles has to decide what's more important:

1. trading down a couple of spots and getting Carter/Anderson and additional 2nd and 3rd.

2. Or trading down to the middle of the pack like the Commanders and getting a 2024 1st and a few other picks.

This is just a preliminary thought. I may sit down and give a FULL BLACKRAINBOW draft report later.
Can you find your 2021 and 2022 FULL BLACKRAINBOW draft reports please? I'm told they're usually right?

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Remember to we have 13 Players on IR that will be back, the injuries concern me because you can't win games with that many injured, the HITS hit us right in the butt
Great point. Maybe we should start a new thread about injuries? Why so many injuries? Is it the conditioning coach, hits principle, too many practices, too intense practices, etc. Should we add an 's' before the h in HITS?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My first choice, trade with the Texans and draft Anderson. Get as much in return as possible. Even 1 extra pick is better than nothing and we don’t miss drafting the player we want.

Second choice, make a 3 team deal with the colts and cardinals if possible. If cardinals want Carter, that’s even better. We still get picks and still get Anderson.

Third choice, just stay put and draft Anderson. It’s not a fail staying put and drafting the best player in this draft. Either way, we were not going to build a whole bad ass team in one offseason.
Yes ...

Good job. I only see Anderson and Stroud as #1 worthy.

Carter could end up best player in draft but if we stay at 1 it's Anderson all the way.

Anderson at 2 even better.

Anderson at 3 or 4 is a wet dream.

Carter at 3 to 7 might be my favorite.

But I have no problem trading out multiple times if offered. Witherspoon and Q. Johnson would also look good here. Move Gordon to nickel where an athletic ball hawk belongs in scenario of acquiring multiple 1st picks to fall out of top 10 and nab Witherspoon.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yes you did create that bogus offer. WTF? I doubt mom said 'I'm not selling it for $4k' and walked off before anyone else suggested that price.

RacerX is who offered 580 points of picks for 1200 points of value. If you can't be bothered to read the conversation don't bother yourself to jump in on it.

At the time a '66 Mustang rebuilt into a race car would have gone for around $2500. Nobody was offering $4K. It was bought for $350 in the 70s, rebuilt and they had it priced for $350 in the 80s. Realistically it should've been around $500-$600. My parents didn't need $500. Nobody is going to offer $4K for something that is priced $350 when they just tried to lowball an already low price.
What fantasy world are you living in?

It's just like a team isn't going to offer a 2nd round pick as an even trade for a high 1st round pick because a few morons on CCS think draft picks have no defined value and think the team offering the #1 pick has to take whatever lowball offer that comes up.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My trade-down would be the first for the Texan's 2nd and their 34th. the Texans would take this deal to get the QB without costing them too much. then I'd trade the 2 to the colts for their 4th and 36 plus whatever else they give us, and we still get either Anderson or Carter. At the least, we get a starting DL and multiple second-round picks. We would have 3-second rounders and can wheel and deal with them too. The 34 and 36 are just past the first round since Miami lost their first-rounder. that would be 4 picks in the top 60, that's how you build a team
If Houston & Indy covet the same guy, you won’t be able to trade down twice. Bears need a 3rd team to really intensify the leverage. Carolina/Atlanta/LasVegas etc

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears should sit on their hands and let Houston take their QB, then you take your DL player and save some money. Heck, If you're not fussy about which D player you prefer, you could pay him #4 money.?

Last edited: