With the First overall pick the Chicago Bears...(First pick discussion only)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I barely watched this year. If we take any player with the #1 I may be done. I can almost excuse a QB but even that would put us right back into what we've been doing.
If we needed Mack we shouldn't've have traded the one we had. We need to double up as many of the high round picks as we can this year and some of them next year.
I can't even humor the #1 pick of the 2023 NFL Draft the Bears pick _____.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’d trade it to the Texans for both their firsts. Or at least #2 and #33. Then I’d trade 2 to the highest bidder. Assuming they have buyers.
Do teams really think Bryce Young is a sure thing or so much better than Stroud that they would give up a lot to take him over Stroud?

He has been very very good and has skills, but he also lacks the size NFL teams would prefer. He is likely to go #1 but I am not sure Houston trades to move up.

I actually will not be surprised if the QBs don't go Young, Stroud 1 and 2. I have seen some who think Levis goes #1 after the combine and workouts.

I would love for the Texans to covet Young (or any one specific QB) so much they trade to #1. It is certainly a possibility. But not a sure thing by any means.

Any way you slice it, I love the Bears' position right now!

bear4life21

ChiCitySports Newb
Liked Posts:
BPA All Day long.. No matter What. End of Story.

Free Agency is going to see our Bears band aiding a lot of our most troubled areas. Sadly this one offseason will not be a cure all offseason we will need to go into the next season with some of the minor issues we saw during this season. However our Bears will be better next season. I can definitely see a path to the post season in '23.

IMHO.. We would do a lot of good by trading the #1 overall to the highest bidder for a haul in draft capitol. Could see a real quick turnaround on the Rebuild if we have multiple early picks in next couple of drafts.

Bears

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Going to trade pic back at least twice, still be in top 10, and have 3 1st rd draft picks this year and next year minimum. Holy fuck.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
I went on a dead on sprint right after the failed hail mary pass and just finished. Was celebrating that long. Best day in Bears history.
Lovie's second greatest victory for the Bears behind the NFC Championship game in 2006!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The last time the Bears had the #1 overall pick @Angry Boomer *Sky Point* was just a stain on his dads couch. That's a long time ago!

im just excited to get an off-season of speculation about what the Bears will do. I like when the Bears are relevant and being discussed. They have all the time in the world to talk to all the teams and don't have to worry about anyone cutting in front or Poles making panic moves like the trade deadline.

A franchise defining decision is on the horizon.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Trade with Colts for #5, #36, 2024 1st and 2nd. Then trade with Carolina if Levis is still on the board for #9, #40 (or wherever they are in rd 2) and 2024 1st round. Maybe you can get a few more picks out of each of those trade downs. But we'd have 4 top 60 picks this year (3 top 40) and likely 5 top 60 next year including 3 1st rounders.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Trade with Colts for #5, #36, 2024 1st and 2nd. Then trade with Carolina if Levis is still on the board for #9, #40 (or wherever they are in rd 2) and 2024 1st round. Maybe you can get a few more picks out of each of those trade downs. But we'd have 4 top 60 picks this year (3 top 40) and likely 5 top 60 next year including 3 1st rounders.
Fuck that would be crazy cool

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I barely watched this year. If we take any player with the #1 I may be done. I can almost excuse a QB but even that would put us right back into what we've been doing.
If we needed Mack we should've have traded the one we had. We need to double up as many of the high round picks as we can this year and some of them next year.
I can't even humor the #1 pick of the 2023 NFL Draft the Bears pick _____.

Why wait? Bye!

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Ugh, the Broncos winning is not good for trading that pick and still getting Will Anderson. AZ doesn't need a quarterback.

Pretty much can only trade down to #2 now. All other scenarios are less appealing to me with Anderson off the table.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ugh, the Broncos winning is not good for trading that pick and still getting Will Anderson. AZ doesn't need a quarterback.

Pretty much can only trade down to #2 now. All other scenarios are less appealing to me with Anderson off the table
Arizona is contemplating moving on from Kyler.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
10 other teams missed on Mahomes too
We had top three pick and took a nobody from UNC ten teams didn't do that. And we gave up a number one following year to pull off that great pick. Point is use brain do better. We don't need a DE and POs here we come. We need about seven to eight solid players to come out of this in draft and FA then I see us contending. I'm bears thru and thru but defense first hasn't helped us in say oh I don't know the past thirty years let's try having a all pro Offense this time. There are plenty of FA and late round bodies.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Pretty much can only trade down to #2 now. All other scenarios are less appealing to me with Anderson off the table.
Seattle probably wasn't ever a realistic trade down option and if they were, them falling increases the return they'd give up. It's a good thing in my book

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Seattle probably wasn't ever a realistic trade down option and if they were, them falling increases the return they'd give up. It's a good thing in my book
I wonder if they jump on a 2023 qb trade if harbaugh or Payton are hired by the broncos. Maybe with a real coach in Denver their 2024 pick won’t give them the trash can gold they got this season

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
There are enough legit first round QBs that the Bears can trade down but it may not be the haul that some expect. I don't think teams value Young as a can't miss prospect.