With the First overall pick the Chicago Bears...(First pick discussion only)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not entirely sold on the need for Carter/Anderson (why did we get rid of a sure thing in Mack only to hope to get another?) but something like that. I'd want to move out of the top ten for the haul of picks.

3 #16s = #1 without any sweetening of the deal (only given for an easy math example). Considering the value gets cut in half for future picks it wouldn't get paid off with just future picks. If we get the right team wanting to move up we could take their whole '23 draft plus some in the future.

If Poles doesn't get some kind of a haul out of this (or the #1 QB) he'll be a failure.

Mack is 31. About to be 32. He only had 8 sacks. How do you not understand why they traded him?

A trade is not required to be a success

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
With the assumption that they keep the pick: Will Anderson Jr.
Most should be stoked to get Anderson or Carter.

Whose the player that a gm could over think it and pass on Carter or Anderson for like jaguars passing on Hutchinson?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Meh, it’s a dynamic market and the return is dictated and driven by demand, and not by past consideration or precedent.

That is not true at least as far as the whole market. The draft value charts put a floor on that dynamic market. If nobody is going to meet that floor it's not like you are forced to trade with them anyway.

If nobody wants to pay, it looks like we got a new QB and are set at backup until someone does pay.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That is not true at least as far as the whole market. The draft value charts put a floor on that dynamic market. If nobody is going to meet that floor it's not like you are forced to trade with them anyway.

If nobody wants to pay, it looks like we got a new QB and are set at backup until someone does pay.
That would be a terrible idea

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Draft picks have values that are fairly set in stone. From there they go UP depending on the desire of the other team to move up and competition. It is not "the haul some expect", it is the haul that a #1 pick traded down to any other pick is worth!
Look at the history of trying to trade the #1 overall. Some of those trades were well under value.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel’s #1 player in the draft.

We should probably be out based on that alone.
I am fine with trading out of the #1 overall even if the value isn't superb because its hard to justify a non-QB first overall.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
If the Bears dont leave this draft with Anderson its a mistake unless its for a kings ransom. He is generational. In a perfect world we trade back with Texans for a second or Laramy Tunsil or Cooks. After that Id be worried about Arizona grabbing Anderson. If I knew 100% they weren't, Id trade back again with Indy but thats it. Tunsil, Cooks, from Texans and Nelson or Lenoard from Colts could be solid trade pieces.

Rise

Liked Posts:
That's too much value for the Texans to give, especially considering there's 2 top prospects and they need picks almost as much as we do. More like their 1, a 3 and a couple 4s like we did for Mitch but I doubt they do it.

Not written in stone but:
View attachment 25374

Then they can enjoy their 2nd choice at QB and watch their divisional opponent start the top guy twice a year cause we calling back Indy next. Still want to hold on to that 2nd?

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
A favorite scenario for me is leveraging that both the Texans and the colts are in the same division. Also need Texans to fall in love with one of the qb prospects. This would allow us to have the Texans overpay to move up as well as use the previous #1 offer from the colts for #2.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't wanna get too high, but yeah I'm pretty sure at a minimum that would have to cost Carolina their next year's 1st right?
Correct. Maybe more.