Wizards Blog

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2009/6/17/912245/who-is-gilbert-arenas-ideal

Not sure if anyone has posted this but it is an excellent read. A very in depth look at guards that fit well next to Arenas. He goes into guards all over the league and draft prospects. Through all of his analysis he concludes that Hinrich and Delonte West are the two best fits next to Arenas. With that said is Etan Thomas and the #5 for Hinrich and the #16 a good deal for both teams? We know that it is highly likely the Wizards move the #5. Including the #16 feels like we might be giving up too much but replacing it with the #26 does not feel like enough if I am Washington. Ultimately for the right player at #5 I think I would be willing to include the #16. With that said who is the right player at #5? The choice would be one of Harden, Hill, Evans, Curry, or DeRozan I imagine. Without going into too much detail I think I would do the deal for James Harden if he fell to #5 which I realize is no given but if Harden does not go #3 to OKC then the Kings will not take him at 4 so it is possible. Memphis could take Rubio at 2 and move him to some other team and then OKC could take Thabeet instead of Harden at 3 allowing us to have Harden at 5. Making this move means no Gordon but you would have Rose, Harden, Salmons, Deng, Tyrus, Noah and the #26 pick with loads of expiring contracts in Miller, James, Tim Thomas, and Etan Thomas. Sign a free agent big like Bosh in 2010 to go with that group and you really have something special.

Woodz

Liked Posts:
I'm intrigued.

I think we lose if we turn Hinrich + Gordon into Harden (or anyone else at 5).

However, I think other teams may be interested in #5 + Thomas more than Hinrich + #16. So instead of a straight up trade, this could one piece of a 3-way.

One possibility

Bulls
Out-
Tyrus
Hinrich
James
In-
Amare
Suns
Out-
Amare
In-
Tyrus
James
E. Thomas
Wizards
Out-
E. Thomas
In-
Hinrich

But i dont think washington does it. Who knows with phoenix, i dont understand why they dont blow it up and rebuild around amare.