Would anyone say Gibson is the Six man of the year?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't heard any talks of this but I was curious. Not sure what anyone is doing around the league, but our boy Gibson I feel should at least be on of the top guys in this segment? Could be wrong.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He's been in the conversation for the last month or so. Manu and Crawford have been back and fourth favorites, and Taj would need to keep his production up to have a chance, which is possible.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's in the running. Not sure I'd give it to him at this point. But its definitely a close race.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that it'll be Crawford who is having an amazing year. Gibson is right in the top three though.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The bottom line for me is that Gibson effects the game on both ends of the floor and Ginobili and Crawford aren't sound defenders. On top of that, Gibson has shown drastic improvement on offense and you can tell Thibs is no longer petrified if Gibson steps back to take a 15-footer with somebody in his face. It's a shot he makes with some frequency now.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, I'm more or less thinking we have an entire team of 6 man of the year awardees. Give it to the entire Team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Taj is definitely a top 3 pick for 6th man, but I think Crawford will get it unless he starts too many games to qualify.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
D.J. should get it!

Augustin-DJ.jpg

czman

Liked Posts:
Not enough value is placed on defense, so I doubt he will get it. I think a strong case can be made for him.

Crawford will probably get, 18 PPG is nice off the bench. My guess is most writers will look at that and be done.

I hope Gibson gets it though. It would be nice to see an award like that go to a more balanced player, instead of just a scorer.