Would fields have been the #1 pick in this draft?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says the guy that would have taken Jenkins in 1 and Trask in 2 :rolleyes: yet bitches constantly about Fields in 1 and Jenkins in 2.

From a Trask in 2? thread.

By your own definitions, you would have just thrown away 2 picks.

Trask is currently projected as the #3 behind Gabbert by his own coaches.
I never said I wanted Jenkins in the first. That is a lie. It's been debunked multiple times.

Your post only states I like Trask better than Jones.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Bearly this is the infamous post where ppl are saying "I wanted Jenkins." Posting for like the 3rd or 4th time now. No matter how bad you want it to be true, I never said I would draft or endorsed Jenkins. I merely repeated what the mocks said or implied the Bears might draft him.

SmartSelect_20220513-101903_Chrome.jpg

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Absolutely ?

Like college football hasn't changed in 20 years. ?

Michigan and Nebraska aren't what they used to be.

Lmao. I'm no big 10 fan anymore but this is one of your worst takes. They are #2 in NFL talent, of course behind the SEC. You should probably just go ahead and walk this one back.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. You said it's "D" conference, and this is just another in a long line of passive aggressive posts from you tryna blame everyone else or claim victim for your bad takes.

Can't please some ppl.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has there been a successful big 10 qb in the nfl recently? I can't remember one. Big 10 sucks.
I literally just posted a list. Has there been a successful SEC QB recently?

Bort

Liked Posts:
Says the guy that would have taken Jenkins in 1 and Trask in 2 :rolleyes: yet bitches constantly about Fields in 1 and Jenkins in 2.

From a Trask in 2? thread.

By your own definitions, you would have just thrown away 2 picks.

Trask is currently projected as the #3 behind Gabbert by his own coaches.

LOL anyone who watched film on Trask and Jones and came away thinking Trask was the better prospect should just stop having opinions about quarterbacks. Trask had a worse arm, much worse feet, worse pocket awareness, worse decision making, pretty much worse everything.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I literally just posted a list. Has there been a successful SEC QB recently?
Looks like Burrow will be - if you count his one year at LSU. Stafford and Cam newton I'd count as successful. Dak as well I suppose.

Jury's out on Hurts, Tua, and Mac "big arm" Jones.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL anyone who watched film on Trask and Jones and came away thinking Trask was the better prospect should just stop having opinions about quarterbacks. Trask had a worse arm, much worse feet, worse pocket awareness, worse decision making, pretty much worse everything.
Mills was the guy outside the top 5 in terms of read and arm talent. That said, he'd throw an odd ball now and then. I don't know if it was mechanics etc but it sure looked more consistent in the pros. If you can fit him into the right system with enough protection, he could continue to start. I projected that he'd be a Bear with our #2 pick but I never imagined that Fields would fall into reach.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jones is the best version of the rookie unathletic, weak arm QB I've seen in a long time maybe ever. Heady feel for the game and calm under duress. I think he looks better than a young Matt Ryan though he's also even less strong and athletic.

Trask is more chuck and duck.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Jones is the best version of the rookie unathletic, weak arm QB I've seen in a long time maybe ever. Heady feel for the game and calm under duress. I think he looks better than a young Matt Ryan though he's also even less strong and athletic.

Trask is more chuck and duck.

Jones is more athletic than he gets credit for. I watched a LOT of film on him, and I liked him as a prospect. Yeah, Jones isn't going to outrun anyone in a straight line, but he has pretty good feet and is nimble in the pocket (and since you made the comparison, I think Jones has better feet than Matt Ryan). But people will keep calling Jones unathletic because it's easier to look at a 40 yard dash time than it is to watch his footwork on film.

And Trask's feet are just bad. He reminds me of Brad Kayaa from 2017, super accurate thrower with marginal arm strength and concrete blocks where his feet should be.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jones has a pea-shooter for an arm otherwise he would have been the top pick last year. His QBR on deep throws was awful.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jones has a pea-shooter for an arm otherwise he would have been the top pick last year. His QBR on deep throws was awful.
I’m curious to see how Jones plays this season. McDaniels is gone, the pats draft was weird and we still don’t know who the OC will be for the Pats

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m curious to see how Jones plays this season. McDaniels is gone, the pats draft was weird and we still don’t know who the OC will be for the Pats

It will revolve around 5yd passes because that's all he can throw. He needs to start pumping that juice

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ryan Pace had the draft capital to trade up for him.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the Lions wanted Fields they would have taken him last year, what kind of insane logic is this?

Your GM was on record saying he believed in Goff