Would fields have been the #1 pick in this draft?

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
With the amount of teams looking for a quarterback and the the quarterback class this year, I'd have to say yes.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
There's really no doubt. Jacksonville would've gotten a huge payday for the pick. Fields would've been the only option for any team wanting a QB.

Another hypothetical, what would the bears have had to give up to move from 7 to 1 to get him? An extra first and change sounds pretty cheap huh?

None of it matters and it doesn't make Pace a good GM, but it was a good move, still might bust, but it was a good move.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Says the guy that would have taken Jenkins in 1 and Trask in 2 :rolleyes: yet bitches constantly about Fields in 1 and Jenkins in 2.

From a Trask in 2? thread.
I'd like him better than Mac Jones.

He's extremely accurate, has an okay arm, with very low mobility. His accuracy is unparalleled.
By your own definitions, you would have just thrown away 2 picks.

Trask is currently projected as the #3 behind Gabbert by his own coaches.

Last edited:

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
We don't know this yet. Devil's Advocate take:

He potentially spent two 1st round picks on an overrated Big10 QB (college D league) who cannot hang on to the ball.

Say this to yourself: The great QB talent evaluators, Ryan Pace & Matt Nagy, thought it was worth trading two 1sts for a Big10 QB who slid down the board. Sounds scary right?

Has there been a successful big 10 qb in the nfl recently? I can't remember one. Big 10 sucks.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
22 years ago, and the GOAT for the next 22 years is coming from their biggest rival.

Still think that the BIG 10 is the D-League?

Meathead fans are so funny. I get the optimism, but I prefer to live in reality.

Fields will not be anywhere near the best player at anytime during the next 22 years. Book it.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Who are the big boys?

It's pretty much the SEC and we all know that. I know you are an Iowa fan and they are a minor league team compared to the SEC. Iowa is overrated every year and goes on to win nothing as usual.

I'm not even a fan of any SEC team, but I recognize the dominance and the big 10s performance against them in the 4 team playoff. It's embarrassing.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Fairly certain 3 Ohio state WR's just went 10/11/12 in the draft, no?

Didn't some white guy go #2 overall....from Michigan?

Ohio state is a pro football factory. They are exciting. An outlier for the big 10.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Okay - cherry pick one game ??

So if SEC is the A league and Big10 is the D league - I'd like to know what's in between?

I suppose you could say ACC is in between since they have more national championships since the 4 team playoff started. B league or C league?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Okay - cherry pick one game ??

So if SEC is the A league and Big10 is the D league - I'd like to know what's in between?

One game. Didn't Mich St get shut out like 35-0 or 42-0 by alabama in the playoff a few years back? That was embarrassing.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
The Big Ten produces some productive NFL tight ends (Kittle, Fant, Gesicki, etc), some great quarterbacks (Brady, Brees, and Wilson), but it seems like the wide receivers tend to go bust in the NFL.

One qb is retired. The other retired and came back. The other played in the big 10 for one season. Since Wilson was drafted what has the big 10 produced for qbs? I'm not a huge believer in Fields. Hope he proves me wrong.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Meathead fans are so funny. I get the optimism, but I prefer to live in reality.

Fields will not be anywhere near the best player at anytime during the next 22 years. Book it.

It's pretty much the SEC and we all know that. I know you are an Iowa fan and they are a minor league team compared to the SEC. Iowa is overrated every year and goes on to win nothing as usual.

I'm not even a fan of any SEC team, but I recognize the dominance and the big 10s performance against them in the 4 team playoff. It's embarrassing.

Ohio state is a pro football factory. They are exciting. An outlier for the big 10.

I suppose you could say ACC is in between since they have more national championships since the 4 team playoff started. B league or C league?

One game. Didn't Mich St get shut out like 35-0 or 42-0 by alabama in the playoff a few years back? That was embarrassing.

One qb is retired. The other retired and came back. The other played in the big 10 for one season. Since Wilson was drafted what has the big 10 produced for qbs? I'm not a huge believer in Fields. Hope he proves me wrong.
Cccccccombo breaker!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That's fine, everyone knows SEC is king. But the rest of the conferences? Gimme the Big10

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Potentially? wtf does that even mean? He spent ONE!!! 1st round pick and simply swapped the other and moved up. Not sure how dumb you have to be to not understand this.
yeah thats not how it works.. you "spend" a pick and you receive a player, for him to only "spend" 1 pick he would of had to stay put and hoped he fell. But if he had to "spend" next years 1st and swap picks for this year, you have "spent" 2, 1st round picks.

We spent 2021 #11 and 2022#7 and we got Fields.. simple math man..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says the guy that would have taken Jenkins in 1 and Trask in 2 :rolleyes: yet bitches constantly about Fields in 1 and Jenkins in 2.

From a Trask in 2? thread.

By your own definitions, you would have just thrown away 2 picks.

Trask is currently projected as the #3 behind Gabbert by his own coaches.
Keep your receipts.