Would it be an insane idea if we-3-6 or 3-7 to bring Bray up from the practice squad and...

Applefan

Liked Posts:
....lethim be the guy for the rest of the season?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You’re a hater Zack. You’re not Bearing down enough. I remember when you had fire and passionz. Fn phony

He's killing the practice squad defense.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
They want to continue to let Mitch squander another year of a SB caliber defense...and make a decision in the off-season.

What I'm starting to wonder is...are they going to shop Mitch for a late round pick or let him compete next year, where he'll probably end up as the backup.

I know you're not going to get much for him. But perhaps you could sucker a coach & GM into a reclamation project for a 3rd...but more than likely a 4th round pick.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
They want to continue to let Mitch squander another year of a SB caliber defense...and make a decision in the off-season.

What I'm starting to wonder is...are they going to shop Mitch for a late round pick or let him compete next year, where he'll probably end up as the backup.

I know you're not going to get much for him. But perhaps you could sucker a coach & GM into a reclamation project for a 3rd...but more than likely a 4th round pick.

Superbowl caliber defense? You're joking, right?

DanTown

Liked Posts:
No. Simply because Tyler Bray should not be counted on in any scenario going forward (I don't care how well he plays the final 5-7 games in this hypo) so the only thing that could happen is the Bears think they found some long last answer at the position, go forward with some Bray v Trubisky battle to save money next year and then you still don't solve the problem.

Play Mitch. Get a real QB in here. Get rid of Mitch. That's the plan and should not be deviated from regardless of outcomes the next eight weeks.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Keep Trubisky in there until week 13 and shoot why not might as well. Trubisky will have shown plenty of incompetence at that point and the team being out of the running for the playoffs and there just not being anything more to see from Trubisky. Everybody will have seen enough at that point to say enough is enough. But truthfully this is just wishful thinking. That’s not how it’s gonna go down in reality. The only way we’ll see Tyler Bray is if Trubisky and Daniel are both injured ‘cause we all know they wouldn’t do that. They’ll still have Trubisky going into training camp and the regular season next year as the starter with a 5th round pick rookie behind him they’ll want to groom for a year or two while they finish off Trubisky’s contract then the following year they’ll draft another quarterback. Not sure how long Pace and Nagy are gonna be there, but I think they’ll be drafting quarterbacks from now on nearly every draft to ensure they have the best ones they could get.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tyler Bray is going to chuck the ball to a triple covered allen robinson, who will catch it and score a touchdown against the Vikings 2nd string, and Bears fans will conclude that Bray == Brady.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep Trubisky in there until week 13 and shoot why not might as well. Trubisky will have shown plenty of incompetence at that point and the team being out of the running for the playoffs and there just not being anything more to see from Trubisky. Everybody will have seen enough at that point to say enough is enough. But truthfully this is just wishful thinking. That’s not how it’s gonna go down in reality. The only way we’ll see Tyler Bray is if Trubisky and Daniel are both injured ‘cause we all know they wouldn’t do that. They’ll still have Trubisky going into training camp and the regular season next year as the starter with a 5th round pick rookie behind him they’ll want to groom for a year or two while they finish off Trubisky’s contract then the following year they’ll draft another quarterback. Not sure how long Pace and Nagy are gonna be there, but I think they’ll be drafting quarterbacks from now on nearly every draft to ensure they have the best ones they could get.

What you're suggesting is a very Bears thing to do...and wouldn't surprise me.

But I cannot imagine Pace not bringing in a vet on a 2 or 3 year contract to try to win with our SB Caliber Defense next year.

Make which ever moves are necessary to bring in an average QB that could put 24 points on the board. It's one position for crying out loud.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imma say it again.

Give Mitch every snap. The fuck outta here with anyone other than him. I don't care how ugly it gets. Let this shit stain real good.

I know he sucks. Totally. But he gets every snap so it can be Paces last straw in case they keep him. I'm so stonedoned

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Season is over. If the ship is going to sink, Trubisky's not getting off that easy. He's staying the starter and these losses will reflect on him. I thought he had about 20 good snaps yesterday, best game all year, as laughable as that seems.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A 3rd or 4th? :cutty: