Would it be worth taking a chance and signing Jarrett Boykind for WR depth?

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Jarrett Boykin - WR - Free Agent
Panthers released WR Jarrett Boykin.
The acquisition of Kevin Norwood from Seattle on Monday likely sealed his fate. Boykin caught 49 passes with the Packers in 2013 but has struggled to find playing time since. Being cut by a receiver-needy team like the Panthers is not a great sign for his NFL future

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think you answered your own question. I just hope our WRs come back healthy & soon.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jarrett Boykin - WR - Free Agent
Panthers released WR Jarrett Boykin.
The acquisition of Kevin Norwood from Seattle on Monday likely sealed his fate. Boykin caught 49 passes with the Packers in 2013 but has struggled to find playing time since. Being cut by a receiver-needy team like the Panthers is not a great sign for his NFL future
Our receivers are just fine if you believe the lies.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Cutler doesn't need any more playmakers than we already have. He's played mediocre with Johnny Knox/Rashied Davis, and he's played mediocre with Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte...
Give the young guys a shot. We've had several WR"s play great in preseason the last few years, only to never see the field or even be cut from the team.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Cutler doesn't need any more playmakers than we already have. He's played mediocre with Johnny Knox/Rashied Davis, and he's played mediocre with Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte...
Give the young guys a shot. We've had several WR"s play great in preseason the last few years, only to never see the field or even be cut from the team.

Isn't this like saying: it doesn't matter who our WRs are because Cutler won't get them the ball. So lets put in the young WRs so we can see what they can do, with Cutler not getting them the ball?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Isn't this like saying: it doesn't matter who our WRs are because Cutler won't get them the ball. So lets put in the young WRs so we can see what they can do, with Cutler not getting them the ball?

He does get them the ball, i just don't see whats wrong with the guys we have now. Jeffery, Wilson, Royal will be fine in a couple weeks. If they need shin surgery then sure, let's hit the wire for some bodies, but play the guys that already know the plays. Bellamy in particular could be a solid receiver.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
If they figured Jeffries, royal, or welsons injuries were that significant you would think they would've been bringing in more options to evaluate at WR. I think they are sitting on the couch eating Cheetos and playing madden.