Matt Nagy = 2020 NFC coach of the year

5-1 record doing more with less

msadows

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy = 2020 NFC coach of the year

5-1 record doing more with less

He's a great coach.

He's a terrible offensive coordinator.

However, his leadership skills and locker room presence are undeniable. I'm sure he's a coach his players absolutely love to play for. That helps acquire FA's and retain ones too.

I just hope he figures out that he isn't good at the whole playcalling thing before its too late.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nagy can’t run down the clock with 2 mins left.

Meh, if they get the first down, everyone's calling him a genius. It really wasn't all that terrible of a call to throw there. Honestly, I do like Nagy as a HC, I just wish he would give up the playcalling. He's not very good at it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
On the other end of the spectrum Mike McCarthy fuked up his clock mgmt tonight (just like BHVWGHC and almost every other coach would).

It didn't matter because the game was a route and over but he's using timeouts to try and get the ball back and his use was flawed.

Az takes kick with 2:46 left
Dallas has 1 timeout left
Az runs a play that takes 3 seconds
Dipshit calls timeout
No big deal right?

Well, if he understood math he'd realize he just cost his team 40 seconds and wasted a free timeout

Az would have been forced to snap the ball again (2nd down) before the 2 min warning meaning he could have used his final timeout after 3rd down with 156ish left.

Instead he used his last timeout after 1st down
Watched Dallas run a a play
Then watched the clock run 38 seconds down the 2 min warning.
Had az not ran for a TD on 3rd down, hed have stopped az and watched the clock tick down to 115ish before punting.

Then again.....it won't come up, he won't learn (as most coaches wont) and he'll do the same thing again when it matters.

I'd love to have a guy like Belichek or Vrabel that knows clock mgmt and how to maximize win % for your team by utilizing game mgmt strategy.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Wow, very impressive. I believe Nagy called a timeout right before the 2 minute warning of the first half that cost him 20-30 seconds.

Yep. One of the worst TO I can remember! He calls it at 2:07 after a 2nd down run. Panthers still had 2 more downs at the 3yrd line. I was bitching about that immediately till the start of the 3rd.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
He's a great coach.

However, his leadership skills and locker room presence are undeniable. I'm sure he's a coach his players absolutely love to play for. That helps acquire FA's and retain ones too.

I just hope he figures out that he isn't good at the whole playcalling thing before its too late.
What player has he “coached” up?
What you described he’s good at is being a cheerleader, a pal, and maybe a decent DJ. What has he shown as a coach to be very good at?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What player has he “coached” up?
What you described he’s good at is being a cheerleader, a pal, and maybe a decent DJ. What has he shown as a coach to be very good at?
He is the Michael Scott of Dunder Mifflin Chicago.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh come on...... Nagy does this and Bears fans fucking crucify him. You have to know this. If another coach does this it's brialliant..... Nagy does this shit and he's a fucking dunce.
So true. The Bears had 12 men on the field twice Sunday and Nagy got zero props for that.
Plus no one is bringing up his timeout to save a delay of game only to get a delay of game. That's was a brilliant tactical move. So much so I have still not been able to figure out the 3D chess move he played.
And don't get me started about the time out to save 7 seconds before the 2 minute warning. All these moves just last game!!!!
He is working in an entirely different clock management universe

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So true. The Bears had 12 men on the field twice Sunday and Nagy got zero props for that.
Plus no one is bringing up his timeout to save a delay of game only to get a delay of game. That's was a brilliant tactical move. So much so I have still not been able to figure out the 3D chess move he played.
And don't get me started about the time out to save 7 seconds before the 2 minute warning. All these moves just last game!!!!
He is working in an entirely different clock management universe

Appreciate the sarcasm game. A+ as always.

I stand by my original point however. There is no way Nagy could try a move like this.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

I stand by my original point however. There is no way Nagy could try a move like this.
I liked the time out in the first series after he had 8 presnap moves and would’ve had Mooney wide open for a TD. Then delay of game seeing how many more presnap moves he could fit in before ball is snapped.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, very impressive. I believe Nagy called a timeout right before the 2 minute warning of the first half that cost him 20-30 seconds.

Against the Panthers? Wasn't that because the defense didn't have the right personnel on the field? Was the ensuing series of plays the one where Fuller made that open field tackle on Teddy saving a TD? I mean if so, and Chuck had to burn a timeout to save a touchdown and hold them to a field goal, that's not a bad thing..

But to the OP, no he would not. :(

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Agreed, but that is a bed he has made. He has had few if any games without a time management blunder. If he were to have a moment of clarity to even conceive of this Vrabel move, no one would believe it was on purpose...justifiably.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He's a great coach.

He is a good coach, but not great. He does not hold players accountable. If he did, Leno and Miller would have been benched by now