Would the McCaskeys ever be this bold?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
We all know it's only a matter of time before they sell the team, they are probably nice people but have
no clue what they're doing, most believe the sale will happen after Virginia passes away, nice lady and I had hoped they
could win another Super Bowl before that happened but I don't see how that happens.
So if you are going to sell maximize the value, they only have the Bears, not like many/most other NFL owners. Get a new
state of the art facility with all that brings and make a huge splash with staff and coach changes. I would offer a small ownership
stake to someone like Peyton Manning to run the whole operation. Smart guy, knows football, good business IQ, could attract
whoever he wanted to help out etc. Maybe throw out a call to Mark Cuban as well to buy them out.
Good first step to maximize the value.
What do you think?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
When the Bears are trending down...we get more unsubstantiated "they are going to sell the team" posts.

Why in God's name would they sell this cash cow?

If you owned an NFL team would you sell it? Or keep it in the family?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's an excerpt from McCaskey's interview with The Athletic:

“I want our family to attend so they get some idea that it isn’t just our interest in the Chicago Bears,” she said. “We are part of a much larger picture and we have a great deal of responsibility. The best things people have said to me were dad and Mugs did what was best for the good of the league rather than what was best for the Chicago Bears.”

She bid farewell to her dear husband of 60 years in 2003, but she remains surrounded and enriched by family. There are 21 grandkids and 26 great-grandkids. Every other year, she hosts an all-generations gathering at a nearby resort.

With 10 children, (Tim, her second oldest, passed away in 2011 at the age of 66), McCaskey said she is confident the Bears will be owned by her heirs long after she is gone. In fact, she quotes her son Pat and says the team will remain in the family “until the second coming.”

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
D692951C-D617-4533-B519-12910F32F0CB.jpeg

This is why Virginia’s death is sadly Bears fans best hope. I know they’ve said they have a plan but you can’t split the team equally under all the heirs. They have 10 kids I think.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Right, because if not for Donald Trump, the USFL was going to be as big if not bigger than the NFL. Right along side the Arena League, the United Football League, and the XFL. Did he also ruin the USFL at its first crack at greatness from 1983-1985?

It was the league's second attempt at relevancy and they had far bigger issues than Trump.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When the Bears are trending down...we get more unsubstantiated "they are going to sell the team" posts.

Why in God's name would they sell this cash cow?

If you owned an NFL team would you sell it? Or keep it in the family?
If i somehow inherited the Bears i would sell the franchise immediately. Billions of dollars into the bank account, never have to listen to another obese Chicago r3tard high school dropout crying about running da bawl and firing everyone after 1 game.

You think its misery cheering for this team? Imagine how bad it'll feel when they lose because of you.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We all know it's only a matter of time before they sell the team, they are probably nice people but have
no clue what they're doing, most believe the sale will happen after Virginia passes away, nice lady and I had hoped they
could win another Super Bowl before that happened but I don't see how that happens.
So if you are going to sell maximize the value, they only have the Bears, not like many/most other NFL owners. Get a new
state of the art facility with all that brings and make a huge splash with staff and coach changes. I would offer a small ownership
stake to someone like Peyton Manning to run the whole operation. Smart guy, knows football, good business IQ, could attract
whoever he wanted to help out etc. Maybe throw out a call to Mark Cuban as well to buy them out.
Good first step to maximize the value.
What do you think?

>>>>#2

Plus they make $$$$ and don't have to be committed to winning .

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If i somehow inherited the Bears i would sell the franchise immediately. Billions of dollars into the bank account, never have to listen to another obese Chicago r3tard high school dropout crying about running da bawl and firing everyone after 1 game.

You think its misery cheering for this team? Imagine how bad it'll feel when they lose because of you.
If I inherited the Bears y’all can say whatever mean things you want to about me. I wouldn’t give a fuq.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
right, cause he is famous for his competent staff
More cause he actually tried to trademark the phrase “you’re fired” during his Apprentice days. You never were the brightest bulb in the box, fella.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, because if not for Donald Trump, the USFL was going to be as big if not bigger than the NFL. Right along side the Arena League, the United Football League, and the XFL. Did he also ruin the USFL at its first crack at greatness from 1983-1985?

It was the league's second attempt at relevancy and they had far bigger issues than Trump.
Read it or don't but he owned a team and it didn't go well as he tried to leverage the NFL by having games in the Fall and suing them. I didn't bring him up. Like the league will approve ownership to a guy that tried to manipulate and then sued them. The post I responded to could have picked anyone not already proven to be a fail at NFL ownership but chose this really poor example for some reason.

Here's other examples why he'll never be allowed in. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and on point to the convo.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Read it or don't but he owned a team and it didn't go well as he tried to leverage the NFL by having games in the Fall and suing them. I didn't bring him up. Like the league will approve ownership to a guy that tried to manipulate and then sued them. The post I responded to could have picked anyone not already proven to be a fail at NFL ownership but chose this really poor example for some reason.

Here's other examples why he'll never be allowed in. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and on point to the convo.

Except there's been attempts at a political hit job on him "Find me the man and I will find you the crime" type stuff.

So yeah - this stuff can quickly veer into politics. Especially with the majority of this stuff coming out after 2015....