Would this stat line convince you Fields is the guy?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Link the metric that said Fields was the worst QB

Holding onto the ball for too long: On perfectly covered plays, Fields takes sacks at the highest rate in the league.

• Fields not finding open receivers: He has been the league's worst quarterback on plays where at least one defender leaves a receiver open (0.17 EPA).

ESTIMATED READING TIME: 10 MINUTES

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Holding onto the ball for too long: On perfectly covered plays, Fields takes sacks at the highest rate in the league.

• Fields not finding open receivers: He has been the league's worst quarterback on plays where at least one defender leaves a receiver open (0.17 EPA).

Read that article, also stated the OL wasn’t any help, Bears need a star WR and the aging defense couldn’t get stops but again please link where it shows Fields is the worst QB and since that’s too hard prove at least try to prove how year three is make or break for QBs. @run and shoot this is what I mean by him not being a journalist

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This article was written after the 8th game of the season.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Read that article, also stated the OL wasn’t any help, Bears need a star WR and the aging defense couldn’t get stops but again please link where it shows Fields is the worst QB and since that’s too hard prove at least try to prove how year three is make or break for QBs. @run and shoot this is what I mean by him not being a journalist

It was also written Nov 4th. 8 games into the season.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh my bad. I'm certain he massively improved over the course of the season. I'll see if I can find the other article.

I'm sure he went from dead last to top -20...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh my bad. I'm certain he massively improved over the course of the season. I'll see if I can find the other article.

You should consider yourself lucky that your wife wins the bread while you have been railing against justin fields since 8 am this morning. How do you look at yourself in the mirror?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Which in itself is hilarious because Fields best stretch of games just began with the Cowboys game. Like damn I get criticism but Daniel is just being an obtuse clown at this point

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If you’re gonna toss stats around be accurate.

Also don’t cherry pick. There are good stats too.

But you don’t really care about those do you?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Had 19 total tds compared to 6. Percentage went from the low 50’s to high 60 “s and averaged about 30 points a game compared to 15. I see why you would be upset

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Had 19 total tds compared to 6. Percentage went from the low 50’s to high 60 “s and averaged about 30 points a game compared to 15. I see why you would be upset
4 games out of 17 they averaged 30 points and then....

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you’re gonna toss stats around be accurate.

Also don’t cherry pick. There are good stats too.

But you don’t really care about those do you?
What good stats? Fields was abysmal. Imagine putting together the greatest rushing season in the history of the NFL from your QB and it does nothing to contribute to the overall success of your offense.

It took Justin Fields having the greatest rushing season in history to keep the Bears from having one of the worst offensive performances in the modern era.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What good stats? Fields was abysmal. Imagine putting together the greatest rushing season in the history of the NFL from your QB and it does nothing to contribute to the overall success of your offense.

It took Justin Fields having the greatest rushing season in history to keep the Bears from having one of the worst offensive performances in the modern era.
Get a fucking job

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Thanks I appreciate the info. When I said "journalist ", I meant Daniel Solesky is a sports writer i.e. sports "journalist ".
I've mentioned him not doing a good job researching as a journalist ( In the past, I've also pointed out his bias as a writer) . Yes we can question whether he's a good journalist/ writer.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Thanks I appreciate the info. When I said "journalist ", I meant Daniel Solesky is a sports writer i.e. sports "journalist ".
I've mentioned him not doing a good job researching as a journalist ( In the past, I've also pointed out his bias as a writer) . Yes we can question whether he's a good journalist/ writer.
There is no question that he is not good at his job.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Let's put Trubisky's "Pro Bowl" season into perspective....he wasn't a pro bowl selection, he was an alternate replacing Goff. He had the lowest yardage total and was easily the weakest QB of all the QB's selected. And for those that want to say "he still made the Pro Bowl, that should mean something"...let me remind you that this past year Tyler Huntley was a pro bowl alternate with the monster stats of 658 yards, 3 total TD's, and 3 Int's. A pro bowl alternate holds about as much weight as Trump Bucks do in our economy.
Huntley making it sure took the prestige out of that reward, it was a joke.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There are no parameters that are odd or extreme. Why should Steve Young be punished having to wait behind Joe Montana to become a starter? It's like there's some sort of gotcha moment you're trying here... If a guy is the primary starter and leading the team and does so successfully he gets credit.

I can add in Andrew Luck DeShaun Watson Eli Manning Russell Wilson and more.

Great QBs get it done by year three at the latest in almost every case. So Justin Fields will either get it done this year or it's very likely he'll never be great.
There are too many variables on this with surrounding talent being the first. QB's typically have NO control over that early in their career.