Would this stat line convince you Fields is the guy?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Luckily for us players can get better from year 2 to 3. You seem to think Fields' progression has stopped completely and he can't get better, only the players around him.

Can you explain how Jalen Hurts went from a 87 passer rating in year 2 to 101 in year 3? Was that 100% all AJ Brown?
It's hard to argue with an idiot.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Had 19 total tds compared to 6. Percentage went from the low 50’s to high 60 “s and averaged about 30 points a game compared to 15. I see why you would be upset
You're arguing with a closed mind idiot.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did u see this ??

Bears D 2022........
Points Against: 463 (27.2/g) 32nd of 32
I thought we were talking about the offense... As if the fact that they had 4 consecutive games of offensive scoring output was the start of a Renaissance. They went from 30 points a game down to 17 points a game.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There are too many variables on this with surrounding talent being the first. QB's typically have NO control over that early in their career.
Here comes the excuses. Why did Jay Cutler have horrible surrounding talent and still have a few games here and there with over 300 yards passing and Fields still doesn't have one.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes but Jay Cutler faced similar problems with talent around him on offense. When Devin Hester is your number one receiver and he's not nor ever would be comparable to Mooney or Claypool I can't really give Fields a pass for being so horrible as a passer. I don't think DJ Moore will be enough to elevate Fields and that's what we're arguing here, will Moore Claypool and Mooney elevate Fields. We're already to the point where are hoping that a combination of players is enough to elevate Fields. Yeah, Fields will play better, but I don't see him playing well enough to get his fifth-year option or be the long-term option. It's exhausting to have a QB that needs the right amount of talent around him to just be average at best. What's acceptable here? Jay Cutler level of production every year? Aren't we over Cutler and aiming for the next QB; Fields or otherwise to be better than even what Cutler was? Cutler was pretty much average to below every year in Chicago. So what's the ceiling and will the Bears have to DJ Moore and then someone better than Claypool to compete? DJ Moore is great, but Claypool isn't even good. I'm so over having the same argument for 15 years...the Bears QB will be good if only.

At one point jay had Alshon Jeffery, Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall and Marcellus Bennett. Now go check out the W-L
record, Next ....how could u dare put JF's name in the same paragraph with jay. JF is the opposite of jay. Lets look at the proof below.........

Let the record show jay came here as a veteran. He had tutelage from a good coach Mike Shanahan.
However, jay was un-coachable ( see Mike Tice, cutler video .......
Jay Cutler Disrespects Offensive Coordinator Mike Tice and see all the coaches jay got fired including Shanahan.) .

jay was a non leader. He never earned / had the respect of players around him. And finally, jay had a losing pedigree throughout college and the pros. Everything I said can be verified.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you’re gonna toss stats around be accurate.

Also don’t cherry pick. There are good stats too.

But you don’t really care about those do you?
What good stats? Fields was abysmal. Imagine putting together the greatest rushing season in the history of the NFL from your QB and it does nothing to contribute to the overall success of your offense.

It took Justin Fields having the greatest rushing season in history to keep the Bears from having one of the worst offensive performances in the modern era.

JF had a rookie OC and a substandard pass pro OL, As a "sports journalist / writer".....give a balanced overview.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here comes the excuses. Why did Jay Cutler have horrible surrounding talent and still have a few games here and there with over 300 yards passing and Fields still doesn't have one.
Jay was a QB in his third season coming out of the Shanny offense…….

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Fields can't win this year it's trade time.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
And yet, it seems like most people here would love for Fields to have a Trubisky-like year throwing the football.
If Fields does what he did rushing the ball, I would be fine with Trubisky passing stats so long as the INT's are better...this isn't the late 80's and 90's football. Not all QB's are the same and comparing a QB with the rushing ability like Jackson, Fields, and Hurts is very different to a QB like Herbert, Burrow, and Mahomes

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If JF threw for 4500+ and 30+ TD's with a good completion %, say 62% there is no way in hell they move away from him unless he throws 20 or so Int's and fumbles a lot.
Not sure where I said they would move away from Fields if he had those passings stats....but I was just saying gaudy stats are nice for the individual but if Fields has those stats and the team has a 5-12 record....it kind means jack shit for the team. Other than being happy the QB is not the biggest issue

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There's a big difference between a sorry excuse and a fact.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So happy you aren’t posting as much

Pray tell, why am I supposed to be impressed by his terrible yardage as a passer that he couldn't even manage to pad in the plentiful garbage time he had last season as a loser?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pray tell, why am I supposed to be impressed by his terrible yardage as a passer that he couldn't even manage to pad in the plentiful garbage time he had last season as a loser?
Because the best indicator of a QB's career path is the stats they can rack up in garbage time....I am still trying to figure out what happen with Blake Bortles after 2015.....now that dude could rack up garbage time stats. All-Pro in my book

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because the best indicator of a QB's career path is the stats they can rack up in garbage time....I am still trying to figure out what happen with Blake Bortles after 2015.....now that dude could rack up garbage time stats. All-Pro in my book
No it's not the biggest indicator but the point is Justin Fields couldn't even do things well when the games were in garbage time. At some point he has to do something consistent as a passer.

He has to do something to give us hope that he can turn into something other than a running back.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Besides the last Lions game, what game were the bears in that went to garbage time? Every game we were in was close. Hell even if you do want to count that Lions game, ourWR corp was decimated. Do you even remember who was starting that game?

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Besides the last Lions game, what game were the bears in that went to garbage time? Every game we were in was close. Hell even if you do want to count that Lions game out WR corp was decimated. Do you even remember who was starting that game?
who are you replying to?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All Pro baker mayfield who according to @DanielCCSBears and s good due to him leading his team to the playoffs before his rookie contract ended was a beast at garbage time too

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
who are you replying to?
The guy who ran away when Biden beat that failing steak salesman in the last presidential election