Would you be interested in trading for Derek Carr

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck no.........smith or bust

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just read this today: Derek Carr has started for 6 years, and has lost 55 games. Second highest total ever for first six seasons, following only his brother David.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he was available he would be the best available QB, so yes.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Didn't he do bad when the raiders had a bad offensive line? He had a very good mvp like season, then just fell off to average at best. I think the Raiders might use one of their first rounders to trade up or take a QB in the draft.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
0-10 in games under 50 degrees
So that means he would lose half the home games in Chicago and lose at Green Bay which is already 5 losses right there. Lol

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Just read this today: Derek Carr has started for 6 years, and has lost 55 games. Second highest total ever for first six seasons, following only his brother David.
Sounds like a winner.

Call me crazy, but I don't like seeing Chicago QBs with guy liner on.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Derek Carr has thrown for 4000 (or very close) in 4 seasons. Last year 4000 yards, 70% cp, 100 rating, 21TD, 8 INT. 14th in yards per game and 9th in passer rating. Those would smash Bears records and you could argue he has the worst WR group in the NFL. He's had a 28TD, 6INT season and a 32TD, 13 INT, so he has shown upside. He would be a big upgrade with a potential be really good with a change of scenery.

The cold splits aren't ideal but he's on a bad team. Cold games are on the road. Often late in a season when they are out of the playoffs. See bad splits and bad records with dome/warm QB's including guys like Brees. Peyton Manning had bad cold splits before going to Denver.

Nevertheless, its a media thing so here's some interesting narratives.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/article/Raiders-OC-Greg-Olson-Cold-weather-doesn-t-14933459.php

https://towardsdatascience.com/foot...of-weather-on-nfl-qb-performance-f0edb420623d

I just think if the Bears are too scared of a QB because he doesn't play well in road / cold games, then this is a perfect reason for us to continue to stick with Trubisky or go find another Glennon.

Do we really want to find a reason not to acquire a guy that averaged 260 passing yards a game and put up 100 rating last year? This would be a no brainer dream option but I honestly think its very unlikely.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
In the games I've seen Carr in he looks pretty good. I don't know why we wouldn't take a look at him.

Why do a lot of Bears fans think there can only be one good QB on the roster and the backup has to be a pile of shit?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Name a team with a decent backup? They are all a bunch of jagoffs. It's like they all go to the same barber cuz everyone of them looks the same.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carr is likely getting cut. The raiders set up his contract to minimize the cap hit if cut. No one is trading for him with that contract.

Carr has been a perennial loser. Not sure he’d be much of an upgrade. If Gruden doesn’t want him, that’s telling you all you need to know.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont think pace is looking to get fleeced by Gruden or Lynch again any time soon.