Would you do a Von Miller type trade for Robert Quinn?

Would you trade Robert Quinn for the Jets #35 and #69 picks saving $4.4M in cap space.

• Yes, in a New York minute

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Yes, but ony if they designate him a post June trade adding $12.9M in cap space this season

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Yes, but only if they offered their 2 2nds (35,38)

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • No, I am riding Quinn till his wheels fall off.

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the same guy that leading into the season people were claiming it was the worst acquisition ever?
At 32 years old, which is more likely, a season like 2020, or a season like 2021?
What value will he have at 33?
While the north might be a clusterfuck this coming year, if Rodgers does retire or get traded, no team will sniff anything close to the SB.
You take that deal every dam day of the week.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
^^^^^^^This right here.

You can draft a new DE and have an extra pick to satiate the needs for OL, WR, and DL and even BPA or another LB as opposed to the present predicament of a slim margin for error, picking 2/3 with 2 picks in the first 4 rounds.
It all depends on what the team wants to do and what they told George they would do.

If George is in a buy-in to a rebuild, trade every possible player to get draft capital and cap relief. Start building the offense through the draft. Build around Fields, knowing that the defense is going to suffer and the team is not going to be very good ... with George's blessing.

If George is expecting the team to improve from 2021 and Poles and Flus will have their reputations around the results, then it is not a sound business idea for Poles and Flus to create additional holes to the best part of its defense. Quinn and Mack perfectly fit what Flus is looking for, pressure from its front 4, Quinn and Mack being able to cause pressure. They already have a Herculean effort having to add a 3 tech, CBs, Linebackers and safeties, not to mention all of the holes on offense.

People need to remember that draft picks are, at best, a flip of the coin, so it should be considered that Bears will have thrown away half of all of their draft picks to failure. After the first round, there is an extremely small chance that the successful pick will even be starter level.

Trading Quinn and drafting a DE means nothing. Ask the Raiders how they did filling the Mack spot with all of their first round picks.

Finally, people are going to judge Poles and Flus on how the team does even with the rebuild. Remember how Pace was judged with the losses during his first few year even though he had to completely rebuild the defense and the offense was poor. He succeeded improving the defense at least but there were a lot of losses that during that time period because winning is everything.

So, it all depends on what George is expecting. As of right now, he is happy because ticket prices have gone up.
Getting Paid Making GIF - Getting Paid Making It - Discover & Share GIFs

Last edited:

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Quinn never gets the credit he deserves. With that said, his stats are all over the place as a pro, he’s up there in age, and getting paid too much. He has no trade value. At most maybe a 3rd or 4th but that’s not worth it imo.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I guess, cause you gotta wonder if that was another blip year or can he do it again?

If you keep him and he looks like 2020 Quinn again, yikes.

Bears fans would probably hate the trade, but to get younger is the goal here. Still have the aging Mack anyways.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Trading Quinn clears a ton of cap space this season and next. Plus his production is so all over the place year to year. I'd do it for a 2nd rounder. Quinn is a sell high candidate unlike Mack who feel like a sell low prospect coming off the injury.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the same guy that leading into the season people were claiming it was the worst acquisition ever?
At 32 years old, which is more likely, a season like 2020, or a season like 2021?
What value will he have at 33?
While the north might be a clusterfuck this coming year, if Rodgers does retire or get traded, no team will sniff anything close to the SB.
You take that deal every dam day of the week.

Not me. I said he would rebound and I was right.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'd do it for a 1st and 2nd rounder. With the draft capital you get, you can draft a DE, If not DE becomes a position of need(unless Kamara/etc can step up)

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Hate to be cold hearted, but to get the best return in the long run......"better to get rid of player one year to early, than one year to late."

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sell high. Buy low. Quinn is at highest value. Might as well get draft picks in 2nd and/or 3rd rounds. The Bear have chance to get 2 starters for cheap for the price of one old and expensive player.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Following his 18.5 sack Pro Bowl, 2nd team All Pro season, Quinn's trade value will never be higher for the Bears. A team like the NYJ, who ranked 25th in sacks, that has cap space, a dearth of talent and abundance picks could easily offer a 2nd and 3rd for Quinn.

That has been the cornerstone of my mock drafts.

Quinn is dealt to Denver or the Jets with #39 overall for two second rounders and maybe a third.

That lets me get OT Daniel Faalele and CB Kyler Gordon.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That has been the cornerstone of my mock drafts.

Quinn is dealt to Denver or the Jets with #39 overall for two second rounders and maybe a third.

That lets me get OT Daniel Faalele and CB Kyler Gordon.
Why would denver trade an aging rusher a 2nd and third rounder to then pick up an aging rusher for 2 2nd rounders?

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Why would denver trade an aging rusher a 2nd and third rounder to then pick up an aging rusher for 2 2nd rounders?
Said "aging rusher" just posted 18.5 sacks without Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks on the field for most of the 2021 season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Said "aging rusher" just posted 18.5 sacks without Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks on the field for most of the 2021 season.
you missed the part where the Broncos just traded a dude because they wanted draft picks.

I think you are going to have to sniff a team that is trying to win a championship, not rebuild

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
you missed the part where the Broncos just traded a dude because they wanted draft picks.

I think you are going to have to sniff a team that is trying to win a championship, not rebuild
Part of me wonders if the Jets may not be the match...

They may have had a bad overall record, but they did beat the eventual AFC champs. Quinn for their pass rush could be an option to NET an additional second-round pick.

35 - OT Daniel Faalele
38 - CB Kyler Gordon

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are people always wanting to trade Mack and Quinn, when them being on the field together can be lethal in this passing era. Who in the hell is in the 2nd or 3rd round that is as good as Quinn or Mack

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, yes, he couldn't get much more useless than his 2020 year, so a rebound was likely.
Yeah no. I provided the metrics that showed he actually played well last year but just didn't get the results. His pass rush win rate for example was better than Leonard Floyd's. The underlying metrics suggested his 2020 was a bit of an anomaly.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Quinn with Mack would be ideal for the Bears D in 2022. But, if you get offered some decent draft picks for Quinn, Poles better take that offer! Have to always be thinking long term, and Quinn will not be on the Bears when they’re good again…those draft picks would though.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
If we are going to be active in free agency and try to win now , ya keep him. Quinn has two years left in my opinion. If Poles thinks we are going to be Superbowl contenders by then he and Mack could be a DEVASTASTING combo off the edge. You compound that with a solid 3 Tech and we easily could have a No 1 defense again. But that also means bringing in some secondary help, 3or 4 Wrs, and also an Offensive lineman or two.
In my opinion, we missed the window. Quinn was brought in to win in 20 and 21 with the thought Trubisky was going to improve and lead. Now, with the cap #s and lack of picks and players Id say you have to take the deal. In fact, If the Jets offered their 2 and 3 I bet McCaskey would meet him and give him a ride to the airport. You almost have to take a deal like that.