Would you do a Von Miller type trade for Robert Quinn?

Would you trade Robert Quinn for the Jets #35 and #69 picks saving $4.4M in cap space.

• Yes, in a New York minute

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Yes, but ony if they designate him a post June trade adding $12.9M in cap space this season

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Yes, but only if they offered their 2 2nds (35,38)

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • No, I am riding Quinn till his wheels fall off.

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO, Quinn’s value right now to a 2022 contending team would be the equivalent to a bottom of the 1st round pick (roughly 600 point value). Pass rushers are always in high demand.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a 2 and 3 is low for him right now and 2, 2s or a single 1 more appropriate. That said, a new regime gets more leeway since they are building a new way and he's no spring chicken. I wouldn't complain too much depending on what was done with the return.
you ere bonkers, nobody is giving up that much

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO, Quinn’s value right now to a 2022 contending team would be the equivalent to a bottom of the 1st round pick (roughly 600 point value). Pass rushers are always in high demand.
Thanks, This is exactly as I explained but guys are getting caught up in rounds as opposed to where in a round and overall value.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Quinn will have a very reasonable contract for a team that trades for him. Around 6% of the salary cap for the next three years (13-14-13).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why are people always wanting to trade Mack and Quinn, when them being on the field together can be lethal in this passing era. Who in the hell is in the 2nd or 3rd round that is as good as Quinn or Mack
That is not the question, the question is, is 2023 Quinn better than 2023 2nd year 2nd and 3rd picks that are developing to support Justin Fields? Nothing about this years FA or draft should be about a playoff run next season. If it happens it should just be an earlier than expected return on a future investment.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is not the question, the question is, is 2023 Quinn better than 2023 2nd year 2nd and 3rd picks that are developing to support Justin Fields? Nothing about this years FA or draft should be about a playoff run next season. If it happens it should just be an earlier than expected return on a future investment.
Yeah he probably will be

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great timing...JUST posted this in another thread:

Mack value vs trading - record breaking season

Mack & Quinn were on record breaking pace until injury....plus new Defensive plan is to:
1) play base 4-3 DEF with less need to blitz = need front 4 to get pressure naturally,
2) actually put these 2 in their natural DE positions with hand in the dirt & actually rushing the passer every down for once

But yeah, piss that away b/c for sure, one can draft another Mack/Quinn talent in the 2nd, or even first any draft they want.?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's an old man, and d ends can be known to fall off a cliff of productivity at any moment.
True, and the Jets are well aware of that which is why I doubt they would make the offer, especially since it was a standout bounce back year for Quinn anyway rather than a standard one.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Great timing...JUST posted this in another thread:

Mack value vs trading - record breaking season

Mack & Quinn were on record breaking pace until injury....plus new Defensive plan is to:
1) play base 4-3 DEF with less need to blitz = need front 4 to get pressure naturally,
2) actually put these 2 in their natural DE positions with hand in the dirt & actually rushing the passer every down for once

But yeah, piss that away b/c for sure, one can draft another Mack/Quinn talent in the 2nd, or even first any draft they want.?
I love how 1/2 of CCS expect to trade Nick Foles for a 2nd, but scoff at the idea of getting rid of a player at his trade maximum that has at best 2 years left as a serviceable player.

Why try and maximixe return on a guy that will be useless by the time you are competative, I mean teams should be begging to trade for the Bears trash at premium.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
After that Superbowl I wonder if the Bengals would be interested in giving up some decent draft capital for a pass rush in the form of Quinn or Mack. That's all they were missing.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
After that Superbowl I wonder if the Bengals would be interested in giving up some decent draft capital for a pass rush in the form of Quinn or Mack. That's all they were missing.
Their biggest issue without question is pass blocking. They were tied for 10th in the league in sacks this year and have Trey Henrickson whose gotten 13+ two years in a row. They gave up seven sacks tonight and it should have been ten and gave up nine sacks against Tennessee.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Their biggest issue without question is pass blocking. They were tied for 10th in the league in sacks this year and have Trey Henrickson whose gotten 13+ two years in a row. They gave up seven sacks tonight and it should have been ten and gave up nine sacks against Tennessee.
Yea I meant defensively but I guess i forgot to actually say it. :)