Would you ever not be a Bears fan ?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Might have been discussed, but would you guys ever completely abandon ship if the beloved continues to eat shit or eats more shit than they currently do? For example, if the Bears traded up in the 1st round for a punter, at that point, would you tap out or would you continue to stir the vomit and pretend it's oatmeal? I was close to tapping it during the Emery/Trestman years and I feel like I'm close to a point that I want to turn my back, but I'm still here hoping Pace/Nagy could pull off a miracle.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
No, realistically no, I mean unless they joined ISIS or something similarly unrealistic. But my enthusiasm as a Bears fan waxes and wanes depending on how much they are currently fucking up their own team.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
No. For me the whole point is to live and die with your team. I look at like a family. I was born in and have lived in Chicago my whole life. I can't even imagine rooting for another team.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I've almost given up all Professional Sports. Stopped watching Baseball after the last strike. The NBA pissed me off a long time ago. Nascar just got old. I'm a huge Bears fan but I could see a day I just get too tired of young rich players. They need to take Politics out of sports and Entertainment.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell no. I'll be angry at times but I'll always root for bears.

Pittsburgh also.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Impossible for me I’d quit the nfl before I became another teams fan.

Have to agree. Nicely put. I pretty much stopped being a Bulls fan when defense became optional league wide.

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
If the Bears turn into the joke of the NFL for 20 years, I'll still root for them, but with cynicism.

Heck, when I was five, I discovered baseball. The Cubs were playing well, and everyone said they would make the playoffs, maybe win the world series, so I started following them. That was 1969. Welcome to the world of sports, young lad. 2016 was cathartic, but I've been pulling for them every year in between and afterwards.

So no, always rooting for the Bears, Cubs, Fire, and Hawks. Jordan had me following hoops for a while, but basketball just isn't my jam (pun intended).

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I simply can’t bring myself to root for another team, but, when the Bears give us nothing to hope for, I don’t mind if I miss watching games. I just do something else...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nope.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I wish

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn’t watch the bears (nfl) in the 90s. I would quit watching before I would root for another team as my #1. Not there yet again, but this past decade and the beginning of this one has been brutal...always in the back of my mind to do
Something else with my time. Being in CO. It’s easy to find other things to do with my time. When I was back in IL, not so much to do
Around the cornfields of northern IL.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I guess if the franchise folded or something absolutely unforeseeable happened I would find a new team. I love football a huge amount. I think its the best cultural innovation America has put out into the world since rock and roll. It is truly the perfect game. So as much as I love the Bears I would endure and find a new team.

Kenny Loggins

Liked Posts:
Can't speak for other people born on other cities, but doesn't it feel like when we're born in Chicago there's a DNA already in our body rooting for the Bears. Do any of us feel this way about our other teams? We wear our Bear T-shirts around the country and get smiles or comments about OUR team. Oh yea your Bears are tough...etc. Like the foods we grew up with, can you find a decent hot dog, pizza, breaded steak sandwich from Ricobene's, beef sandwiches in most cities? Told my daughter to scatter my ashes on Lake Shore Dr in downtown.
So I'm guess I'm stuck being a fan in good or bad times. I did quit watching the NBA over 3 years aho and haven't looked back.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Absolutely. I wouldn’t root for another team though, just be a casual observer of the sport.