Would you guys be cool with a 2022 TANK to get some top quality picks?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What if Poles DOES have tons of faith in Fields but wants that 2023 superbowl? How would yall feel about Fields or the D or both just tanking it so Bears can trade back and pick up tons of picks, or get some blue chippers with a top 3 pick (not QB)???

I'm all for it. Nobody except @Visionman and @dabears70 really expect a winning season anyways so it would be a great strategy to just go along with normal expectations and then BALL out the following year....

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Tanking is for losers and dickless fanboys

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Tanking is bad karma.

We've got a good defense and enough on offense to not be completely terrible if Justin Fields is the real deal. If he is the real deal, the team will be good enough to win some games against a schedule that features plenty of winnable games, thus no tank, thus good karma and knowing you've (finally) found your QB to build around. If Fields can't take the next step, your offense sucks enough to lose a lot of winnable games, resulting in said high pick without actively trying to get it, thus bad karma avoided (but unfortunately a longer rebuild).

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Amazing how the guy constantly telling us how trade downs are bad because better picks give you better players now doesn’t want better picks. Make up your mind grandpa.
As soon as you put him on ignore the board is a better place. FYI.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Say no to tanking. Establishing a culture and winning mindset is more important, and with all that salary cap room, the top players will want to play with good teams, and tanking would hurt that cause.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
What if Poles DOES have tons of faith in Fields but wants that 2023 superbowl?
That is pretty much what is happening. Expect them to extend a player with a slightly frontloaded deal to take up the cap space for this season (probably Roquan). The tanking may go through 2023 depending on how Fields does this season.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Say no to tanking. Establishing a culture and winning mindset is more important, and with all that salary cap room, the top players will want to play with good teams, and tanking would hurt that cause.
yeah Jacksonville agrees.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
You mean the team that drastically had to overpay for Christian Kirk, and paid $16M+ for three years with Brandon Scherff? Bad teams need to overpay.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Amazing how the guy constantly telling us how trade downs are bad because better picks give you better players now doesn’t want better picks. Make up your mind grandpa.
Doesnt makes sense, fuckington

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The draft normally comes with great enough talent that you shouldn't need to tank to find a superstar in the first round IMO. Also with how many busts can still come from the top 10 in the draft. Is kind of pointless. I'll take a playoff run with young players showing growth over a tank any season. Bears to me have enough young players on roaster, I'd rather see them do the best they can.

jive

Liked Posts:
You practice playing like crap, you will continue to play like crap.
Part of rebuilding should include creating a winning mindset, and practicing winning football. You don't want anyone on the team comfortable with losing. That's the problem we brought in a new regime to solve, not to continue.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You don't want anyone on the team comfortable with losing.
"Tanking" may be a little extreme. I have heard Polian say on the radio "they don't have a full roster" and I think thats a good way of putting it.. not necessarily tanking but not going 100% at the current year.

Its a little bit of a necessity nowadays. The NFL draft is alot more dialed in that it was 20 years ago. Alot more resources for grading and info available to teams. You will always find later round gems but the top talent is consistently getting plucked early. The best way to get a jump on teams is to pick before they do because every team has tons of data, metrics and grading on every player and less guys slip through the cracks than they used to.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You practice playing like crap, you will continue to play like crap.
Part of rebuilding should include creating a winning mindset, and practicing winning football. You don't want anyone on the team comfortable with losing. That's the problem we brought in a new regime to solve, not to continue.
just talking about one season dawg

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The only time, I would support (not root for) a loss, that was strategically planned, is when the season is lost (no chance for postseason) and we know that the difference between winning and losing the last game will results in picking several picks later.

Remember it is not just the first round, it is every round.

If you sit a few starting players in order to protect them from a late season injury is that really tanking or is it making good business decisions?

Planning to tank an entire season, before it even starts, that is for forum meatballs, and no coach in the NFL wants to be viewed as the problem with the team.....

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It's impossible to tank with our schedule and still keep your job. Plus, tanking means your team sucks and you need a complete rebuild. Certainly not the position the Bears are in.

We need an improved WR room and some experienced talent at OL and another elite pass rusher.

We will be able to address those concerns with the mega amount of cap space we have going into next season. Heck we might be in position to gain an extra pick by taking on some teams bad contracts. But first, let us see what we have in our young guys and see who we can build around. We need to try and win and see who can compete and who cant