Would You Have Rather Cut Fuller or Jackson (all things being equal)?

Would You Have Rather Cut Fuller or Jackson (all things being equal)?

• Jackson

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Fuller

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If we were to assume cutting Fuller or Jackson was approximately the same in 'dead cap savings', which would you have rather cut?

I think Fuller is more valuable to winning in the next year or two than Jackson, based on last year's performances.

I'm not an expert at determining 'dead cap', but looking at spotrac.com, cutting Eddie Jackson is $18.6mil, where I believe I read Fuller was $20mil with Bears saving a mere $11mil. I would have suggested Pace find someway to keep Fuller (and Jackson) but he didn't. The rest of Jackson's contract might be attractive if he plays as he did in years prior to 2020, but have my doubts that will happen. So the choice between the two is interesting.

mecha

Liked Posts:
both are valuable. the whole defense took a step back under Pagano. I would've probably leaned towards dumping Jackson though, but I'm not a salary cap nerd, I don't really care about shit that professionals have to handle.

the Dalton signing shouldn't have happened. I cited Pace blowing his load on defensive contracts in the other thread, but he did the same with Foles. you already had him, you're stuck with him. no further assets should've been put towards quarterback unless you're drafting someone. (which either Foles or Dalton could be dealt for something, I think Dalton carries enough street cred that a QB needy team would jump on that)

at this juncture it certainly appears that Pace is fucking up more to cover up for previous fuck ups. LOL

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
More talent in the safety pool than CB. So cut Jackson.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fuller.

Jackson is still very young and could round out to be one of the great safeties in the game (although I don’t personally advocate paying a safety that much). Jackson’s much more likely to regain his previous performance.

Fuller’s best days are **definitely** behind him. He’ll soon be on the wrong side of 30, and there’s more wear-and-tear on corners than safeties.

I’m not letting a corner who’s 30+ years old be one of the highest paid players on my team, unless he’s just an interception-machine lockdown corner who changes the game.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Safety is easier to find yet Bears were stuck with Conte/Wright forever

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jackson. 1000%

He's the worst contract on this team. Yes, worse than robert quinn.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Jackson avoids contact.
And how!! It’s like he’s allergic to it! Unless he’s creating turnovers, his disdain for tackling makes him not only a liability, it makes him virtually worthless to the D.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Just statistics, fuller is involved in many more plays than Jackson. Don’t see the need to pay through the nose for a safety the second or least important position on defense

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Jackson - paying huge money for a S in today’s NFL is like paying huge money for a NT or RB - they better be generational talent otherwise it’s a poor ROI.