flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Laremy Tunsil is one of the best LT allowing 1 sack last year 3-time pro bowler for our first or second, we are most likely to be looking at Left tackle anyway and he's proven, not a draft pick which is a crap shoot

Last edited:

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Well which is it, the first or the second?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
He also wants to "set the market." Do you remember the last time we heard that? He's playing for Baltimore..

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Depends on the price - you have to give him a market setting new contract so im not willing to pay full price. I would do something like #64 and our 2024 2nd for him, but im not spending a FRP AND a zillion dollars on him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why all this trade talk for expensive players we'll have to pay a fortune to before we're even competitive? I understand the eagerness to win, but this is a process that needs to be done through the draft if you want a roster built for sustained competitiveness. Patience.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why all this trade talk for expensive players we'll have to pay a fortune to before we're even competitive? I understand the eagerness to win, but this is a process that needs to be done through the draft if you want a roster built for sustained competitiveness. Patience.
It’s more than eagerness to win. The qb protection should always be a top priority. qb1 road kill should be avoided am I right?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s more than eagerness to win. The qb protection should always be a top priority. qb1 road kill should be avoided am I right?
I'm all for investing heavily on the OL and DL in the draft and a few sensible FA pickups, but don't trade the farm for huge contracts. Keep the powder dry for being able to invest sensibly over the coming few years as you build the roster through the draft.

And I know a lot of people don't want to hear this but QB1 roadkill will be greatly helped if QB1 gets better at processing defenses and going past his first read.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Not worth the price on top of the draft capital. He will be 29 years old before the season starts.

Braxton Jones was the 12th highest rated rookie in the league last season. 20th in the league among all tackles (Rt & Lt). He made the All-Rookie team. I saw a re-draft where he went in the 1st rd. Keep him one more season and see what they have.

Last edited:

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
I’d rather trade for Derrick Henry.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm all for investing heavily on the OL and DL in the draft and a few sensible FA pickups, but don't trade the farm for huge contracts. Keep the powder dry for being able to invest sensibly over the coming few years as you build the roster through the draft.

And I know a lot of people don't want to hear this but QB1 roadkill will be greatly helped if QB1 gets better at processing defenses and going past his first read.
I get you with the cap part. But when it comes to lt that isn’t a position to shy from spending. Prob not realistic but imagine being able to move from 9 to 12 and getting tunsil in that trade. And at 12 you can get dt so that those high priced lbs won’t end up being useless. Just some ideas here cause the team won’t turn the corner until both lines are invested in

greg23

Liked Posts:
"Build thru the draft"

Let's trade top 2 picks for a 30 year old who want most money at position

Great strategy

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You started a new thread for the sole purpose of proposing a trade and then did not propose a single trade but two completely different scenarios?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd rather trade for DeForest Buckner as the colts rebuild
Still don’t understand why they gave up so much to sign a kicker lol

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not worth the price on top of the draft capital. He will be 29 years old before the season starts.

Braxton Jones was the 12th highest rated rookie in the league last season. 20th in the league among all tackles (Rt & Lt). He made the All-Rookie team. I saw a re-draft where he went in the 1st rd. Keep him one more season and see what they have.

12th out of how many rookies?
20th out of 64 starters?

Without all the information right off the stats you gave sounds like he's mediocre other than making all-rookie.

Here's the problem with one more season to see what happens instead of getting set up for success no matter what happens. If it doesn't work the 2 firsts next year plus more should probably go to a QB. And then you're looking at bringing another rookie QB into a bad situation. Lather rinse repeat for 38 years.
This is not the football formula Papa Bear used. His last executive time with the Bears led up to '85 which had offense.

"Build thru the draft"

Let's trade top 2 picks for a 30 year old who want most money at position

Great strategy

The $50m includes the hit from this year's draft. Exactly what are you saving it for? Because it's certainly not to pay Fields unless you're planning on using the first 3-4 picks on nothing but offense because they will still be rookies no matter what position they are.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
12th out of how many rookies?
20th out of 64 starters?

Without all the information right off the stats you gave sounds like he's mediocre other than making all-rookie.

Here's the problem with one more season to see what happens instead of getting set up for success no matter what happens. If it doesn't work the 2 firsts next year plus more should probably go to a QB. And then you're looking at bringing another rookie QB into a bad situation. Lather rinse repeat for 38 years.
This is not the football formula Papa Bear used. His last executive time with the Bears led up to '85 which had offense.

The $50m includes the hit from this year's draft. Exactly what are you saving it for? Because it's certainly not to pay Fields unless you're planning on using the first 3-4 picks on nothing but offense because they will still be rookies no matter what position they are.
12th out of ALL rookies in 2022

20th out of ALL tackles in the league

Thats better than mediocre

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
12th out of ALL rookies in 2022

20th out of ALL tackles in the league

Thats better than mediocre

12th out of all positions??? That's meaningless.

20th when you're at the OT position that requires the most talent is also not that good. Although you can say "but he's a rookie" which makes it better.

It's the timing in Fields' career that is what makes "wait and see" not a good part of your plan. If he's not going to be the QB the two 1s and a 2-3 to move up is a big cost for someone wanting to build in the draft when the cap space this year serves no purpose except to let McCaskeys get some interest income.
McCaskey income is not part of my consideration in my Monday morning GM duties, they can't fire me after 2 years for going against their wishes and spending their money on offense like they did to Emery.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
12th out of all positions??? That's meaningless.

20th when you're at the OT position that requires the most talent is also not that good. Although you can say "but he's a rookie" which makes it better.

It's the timing in Fields' career that is what makes "wait and see" not a good part of your plan. If he's not going to be the QB the two 1s and a 2-3 to move up is a big cost for someone wanting to build in the draft when the cap space this year serves no purpose except to let McCaskeys get some interest income.
McCaskey income is not part of my consideration in my Monday morning GM duties, they can't fire me after 2 years for going against their wishes and spending their money on offense like they did to Emery.
Can’t tell if you are being facetious but Brax was rated the best rookie offensive tackle in the league last season. His run blocking was outstanding and he only allowed 7 sacks all season (3 in the last 14 games) Even after facing Hutch (2x), Z. Smith(2x), Bosa, Parsons, Sweat, Judon. The kid is a steal and well worth the wait and see

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
He also wants to "set the market." Do you remember the last time we heard that? He's playing for Baltimore..
Fields averaged around 3.6 sacks a game last year. 7 were allowed by our LT. Assuming Tunsil allows none, Fields would be looking at around 3.2 sacks per game just based on that signing. So the question is, how much is .5 sacks a game worth? Is it worth setting the market?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Can’t tell if you are being facetious but Brax was rated the best rookie offensive tackle in the league last season. His run blocking was outstanding and he only allowed 7 sacks all season (3 in the last 14 games) Even after facing Hutch (2x), Z. Smith(2x), Bosa, Parsons, Sweat, Judon. The kid is a steal and well worth the wait and see

This is the first you've said best rookie OT. Best is much different than 12th and 20th.
7 sacks is not good. And don't forget we had the league leading sacks allowed!

I don't want steals. I'm not trying to save McCaskey money. Why are you worried about that of all things?
They have this much money to spend to run a football team. If they don't want to spend it sell the team and get out of the business.

Fields is NOT worth your wait and see approach. Unless you've already decided he's not worth it and this year's QBs weren't worth getting. That is the only way this makes any sense.