Would you pull a Jared Goff type trade for Zach Wilson/Justin Fields at #3?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would but I don’t trust this coaching staff/regime with developing a QB.

This. But does Nagy get any credit for Mahommes? He was his dream QB in that 2017 draft.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What would you trade away to the Jets that they would give you the #2 pick?
1st this year
1st 2022
3nd this year
2rd 2022

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They’ll definitely bite on those 3nd and 2rd rounders
Is Fields worth it? Could you imagine if the Jags pull a DET and draft Fields 1 leaving #2 at Lawrence? Jets could get a ton of picks.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Done, I think that would be great value.

value?

you realize that goff now sucks and the Lambs could have used all those picks in 2016 and got some significant assets AND then with their 5th pick in 2017 had their choice of watson or mahomes?

stop fking trading 4-5-6-7 high end picks

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Fields worth it? Could you imagine if the Jags pull a DET and draft Fields 1 leaving #2 at Lawrence? Jets could get a ton of picks.

Last time Detroit picked a QB in the 1st round, they took Stafford with the 1st overall pick, whether you like Stafford or not, he is the best QB that came out in that draft, so I don't understand what you mean by pull a Detroit

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wow. Trading away the overall#1 pick in 2022....that is gutsy

I realize we are all down on the bears, but this team isn't picking #1 overall next year.

They have too much talent. Worst case scenario they get a pick in the 8-12 range.

If the jets DO want to trade out of #2, it's going to take a serious haul.

2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 #3's for sure.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I realize we are all down on the bears, but this team isn't picking #1 overall next year.

They have too much talent. Worst case scenario they get a pick in the 8-12 range.

If the jets DO want to trade out of #2, it's going to take a serious haul.

2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 #3's for sure.
There are two teams in the NFC North with a shittier long-term outlook than the Bears. And should anything every happen to twelve in Green Bay there's not a whole lot that makes the Packers' future any brighter either.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Last time Detroit picked a QB in the 1st round, they took Stafford with the 1st overall pick, whether you like Stafford or not, he is the best QB that came out in that draft, so I don't understand what you mean by pull a Detroit

That was as shitty of a draft class as there has been in recent memory. Funny that two of the worst draft classes in NFL history happened back to back.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There are two teams in the NFC North with a shittier long-term outlook than the Bears. And should anything every happen to twelve in Green Bay there's not a whole lot that makes the Packers' future any brighter either.

Agreed, but don't tell that to @aaronitout, he will tell you jordan love is a stud because he got drafted by the packers.

This team is a quarterback away from being a very very competitive franchise. Unfortunately, how you get that qb is beyond me.

They went all in on mitch and it backfired. This roster does have some talent, it's obviously got holes, but so does every roster in the NFL. You get a QB and this offense is capable of scoring enough points to keep this aging defense afloat.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but don't tell that to @aaronitout, he will tell you jordan love is a stud because he got drafted by the packers.

This team is a quarterback away from being a very very competitive franchise. Unfortunately, how you get that qb is beyond me.

They went all in on mitch and it backfired. This roster does have some talent, it's obviously got holes, but so does every roster in the NFL. You get a QB and this offense is capable of scoring enough points to keep this aging defense afloat.
The Bears got at least three impact guys in this past draft. I was encouraged enough personally by Vildor to say four. He looked better than the third overall pick did. There's just no way to stay bad with drafts like that. It creates tons of long-term cap flexibility and buttresses so much depth. The Bears can certainly achieve mediocrity but like you said, picking first overall is almost unfathomable.

The 2016 Bears were a nightmare at basically every position and even that team was only bad enough to pick third.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Bears got at least three impact guys in this past draft. I was encouraged enough personally by Vildor to say four. He looked better than the third overall pick did. There's just no way to stay bad with drafts like that. It creates tons of long-term cap flexibility and buttresses so much depth. The Bears can certainly achieve mediocrity but like you said, picking first overall is almost unfathomable.

The 2016 Bears were a nightmare at basically every position and even that team was only bad enough to pick third.

Can u get back to me? >>>>>> #70 or if u can't answer that's cool.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Fields could go #1 because of the Meyer connection, so it might be Wilson, but I would say yes to that also.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm not trading all the Bears 2021 top 150 picks for an unproven QB. The Bears still have other holes. And while QB is the biggest hole possible, I'm not giving up the chance to get young OL help for the next 2 years for a guy that hasn't taken an NFL snap.

If it's 1st and 3rd this year, 1st and 2nd next year, i'd do that. But I'm not trading 1, 2, and 3 in 2021 for anyone.