Would you pull a Jared Goff type trade for Zach Wilson/Justin Fields at #3?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last time Detroit picked a QB in the 1st round, they took Stafford with the 1st overall pick, whether you like Stafford or not, he is the best QB that came out in that draft, so I don't understand what you mean by pull a Detroit

Maybe the fool is a Sanchez fan? (Rex, is that you? how is that tattoo aging Rex?) Rather amusing post considering what Chicago did when they selected a QB in the 1st round...............................

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
With Schefters report that the Jets will stick with Sam Darnold as starting QB and Pace’s relationship with Joe Douglas, I think the Jets #2 overall pick is a potential target. I may make a thread.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
There are two teams in the NFC North with a shittier long-term outlook than the Bears. And should anything every happen to twelve in Green Bay there's not a whole lot that makes the Packers' future any brighter either.

We have one of the best, youngest teams in football, and a high upside QB who could be our QB of the future, or trade bait down the road.

Not sure what about our situation isn't brighter then the directionless Bears who are going to fire their entire staff after next season.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but don't tell that to @aaronitout, he will tell you jordan love is a stud because he got drafted by the packers.

This team is a quarterback away from being a very very competitive franchise. Unfortunately, how you get that qb is beyond me.

They went all in on mitch and it backfired. This roster does have some talent, it's obviously got holes, but so does every roster in the NFL. You get a QB and this offense is capable of scoring enough points to keep this aging defense afloat.

Where did I say Love would be a stud just because he was drafted by GB? I said I trust GBs decision because we know QBs, seems pretty reasonable.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The rams moved from #15, to #1 overall by giving up:

• Picks No. 15, 43, 45, 76 in the 2016 draft
  • Picks No. 5, 100 in the 2017 draft

Now, obviously, moving from 20 to #3 would cost less. Lets say a second rounder less.

So it would be.....Our first rounder, 2nd, and 3rd rounder this year. Our first rounder and 3rd rounder next year.

Would you do it?

You could probably just get Watson for that amount or close to it, unless the Texans are just dead set on keeping him or only entertaining offers on high draft picks. But yes, I don’t think any amount is too high for your long term quarterback solution.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
at least put this bullshit into perspective...
the titans agreed to trade out of 1 because they thought they already had their franchise qb in mariota so getting a shit ton of picks made sense...

so now to entice jax to part with #1 who does not have a franchise qb you think this same level of compensation will get it done?

#3 (Miami), not #1. If Miami thinks Tua is their future, the possibility remains that they might be willing to take a haul for that pick. Only they really know.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It will be very interesting to see a) whether Fields or Wilson goes #2 to the Jets, or if the Jets even take a QB, though I think they will; and b) when Wilson/Fields gets picked. Let’s assume Jets take Fields.

3) MIA, unlikely they move on from Tua so quickly, right?
4) ATL, do they move on from Ryan or draft much needed defensive help?
5) Cinci, have Burrows
6) PHI, hard to take a QB if they can’t unload Wentz
7) Det, I doubt they move on from Stafford
8) Carolina, will probably stick with Bridgewater?
9) Denver, in the market for a QB
10) Dallas, what about Dak?
11) Giants, have Jones
12) 49ers, I can definitely see them going after a QB.

I can’t remember a time when there was ever so much uncertainty surrounding the QB position among so many teams at the top of the draft. I hope the Bears somehow get Wilson also, but the only way to be sure is to go to # 2, because he could go anywhere from 2-10. Crazy draft it will be.

Yeah, for sure. I’d just add the local reporters in Atlanta are saying the Falcons aren’t moving on from Ryan, and it’s an open thing in Philly now that Peterson got fired because he wanted to move on from Wentz. So I think those two teams can probably be scratched off as unlikely to pick a QB in the top 10.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wonder how many GM’s have called to see if they can fleece the Bears

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes. Without a star QB, no SB. Stats don’t lie.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Lmfaoo I would never trade for watson he is the next rivers newton stafford cousins of the nfl

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Carolina is a real threat. Teddy was bad.

They could, but Teddy is there at least another year due to the contract structure and dead cap hit and more than likely is there for the next two years. Since they are at 8, my thought is that Lance is the last one left on the board at that time unless Fields slips ( I believe Wilson from BYU goes ahead of Fields). So they need to fall in love with Lance OR I think they trade back and someone like New England moves up.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Is Fields worth it? Could you imagine if the Jags pull a DET and draft Fields 1 leaving #2 at Lawrence? Jets could get a ton of picks.

Not with Urban calling the shots. He took the Jags gig because get gets Lawrence and about $75M in cap space. Urban loves Ohio State but he loves Trevor Lawrence a heck of a lot more.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand "draft experts". Just looked at a draft with trades. Had the Bears trading a 1st and 3rd for the Patriots pick so that we could take Lance. Of course, the author mentioned Patriots need a QB as well, but need a Wr also. o_O Edit: Like that doesn't describe the Bears as well?

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I'm saying no to this simply due to the fact that there are many holes that need to be filled for our team to be a deep playoff contender. Being stretched with aging players and a deficit for a salary cap (NFL 2021 Salary Cap Tracker), we need to overhaul our team, building it from the foundation up. OL is where that starts. It isn't sexy, but like the athletes who practice at 5am and make all the life sacrifices that fans don't see, championships are won with the mundane, disciplined practice, not the glittery picks of position players. I'm not saying we should never draft position players, I'm just saying now is not the time.

It would make sense for a team like the Colts to make a move like that (because they have a good, young team and a top OL), but not the Bears. Not now.

Last edited:

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I don't understand "draft experts". Just looked at a draft with trades. Had the Bears trading a 1st and 3rd for the Patriots pick so that we could take Lance. Of course, the author mentioned Patriots need a QB as well, but need a Wr also. o_O Edit: Like that doesn't describe the Bears as well?
Yes, absolutely! If I had to guess why, it's because they are basing the 'mock' on recent history in which Pace tends to trade up for a pick and Belichick trading down for more picks. In fact, it's happened between these two teams at least once.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm saying no to this simply due to the fact that there are many holes that need to be filled for our team to be a deep playoff contender. Being stretched with aging players and a deficit for a salary cap (NFL 2021 Salary Cap Tracker), we need to overhaul our team, building it from the foundation up. OL is where that starts. It isn't sexy, but like the athletes who practice at 5am and make all the life sacrifices that fans don't see, championships are won with the mundane, disciplined practice, not the glittery picks of position players. I'm not saying we should never draft position players, I'm just saying now is not the time.

It would make sense for a team like the Colts to make a move like that (because they have a good, young team and a top OL), but not the Bears. Not now.

While I do not 100% disagree with your statement.

You really think they are going to start Nick Foles for 16 games and go on a slow and steady re-tool of this team with their jobs on the line?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
While I do not 100% disagree with your statement.

You really think they are going to start Nick Foles for 16 games and go on a slow and steady re-tool of this team with their jobs on the line?

That’s probably exactly what a new GM would’ve done, but Pace in a make-or-break time? Hell to the no.