Would you trade down in 1st and grab Etienne and the best OT available?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Asking if something has changed with him has been what I was trying to pry out of people, but all I could get was he's a RB. If that's all people can come up with I'm going to assume he's still the "OMG, this guy is one to be watched for when he gets in a draft if he owns like this as a freshman." RB I saw.
If that's the case, we're not getting a good QB any time soon so WRs aren't going to help. A 2 good RB tandem would be what it takes to not completely suck while we build an offense. Unless you want to do a Browns and suck until we own the whole 1st round in 5-10 years.

I loved the excitement he brought his 1st year or two but Cohen is not going anywhere except to the nearest sideline. Monty isn't a lone RB. The other 2 are just filling space in case of injury.
And people are correct, we still need an oline to help the RBs (see Walter Payton's early years), but we'll shine faster as we get an offense if we have those RBs (again see Walter Payton).
A tandem of good RBs is not a bad plan given how the Bears are historically against having an offense at the cost of having a defense. And I can't believe Pace or Nagy's claims if they got Smith and Mack the year after getting a QB. Nothing they have done says they are going to try let alone succeed in building a complete offensive threat.

But was he good as a high school senior?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I think Pace should draft 2 RB's with his first 2 picks. No one will see that coming!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I wonder more if he'll be as good as one of the greats. Although if there's talk of him dropping to round 2 and he's not predicted to be the 1st RB gone in the top 10 picks I assume not.

But the player I saw would be very worth a 2nd round even with a few dings especially if you can trade down to get him.
I doubt either happens which is why I say it's a value move if it did.