Would you trade down in 1st and grab Etienne and the best OT available?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I really like Monty, kid plays hard and its no knock on him. But Etienne has electricity like Dalvin Cook. He brings an explosive element to an offense.

I think Etienne has the talent of an early-mid first rounder, but because he is a running back, there are talks of him dropping into the early 2nd, which I think is insane.

So the question is, if you could drop back from 20 to like 28 or 29, and grab a pick somewhere in the early 60s (fair according to the chart), grab Etienne in the late first and then move up with the pick you gained to grab the next best OT (someone in the early 30s), would that make the 2021 Bears a better team?

You now have an electric home run hitting running back, who can take any play to the house. Takes a ton of pressure off the passing game. Interesting proposition not really as a position of need but in drafting the BPA when someone like that is available.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would trade down in the 1st but Etienne wouldn't be one of the picks. I love the kid and think he'll be a good one but i'm happy with Monty, Williams and Cohen.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
What's up with these annoyingly long thread titles?

I know. They are almost getting as bad as useless posts that add nothing but an attempt to derail the thread instead of taking the obvious and more mature route of simply not posting in a thread you don't like or aren't interested in.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I know. They are almost getting as bad as useless posts that add nothing but an attempt to derail the thread instead of taking the obvious and more mature route of simply not posting in a thread you don't like or aren't interested in.
Oh boy...

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I really like Monty, kid plays hard and its no knock on him. But Etienne has electricity like Dalvin Cook. He brings an explosive element to an offense.

I think Etienne has the talent of an early-mid first rounder, but because he is a running back, there are talks of him dropping into the early 2nd, which I think is insane.

So the question is, if you could drop back from 20 to like 28 or 29, and grab a pick somewhere in the early 60s (fair according to the chart), grab Etienne in the late first and then move up with the pick you gained to grab the next best OT (someone in the early 30s), would that make the 2021 Bears a better team?

You now have an electric home run hitting running back, who can take any play to the house. Takes a ton of pressure off the passing game. Interesting proposition not really as a position of need but in drafting the BPA when someone like that is available.

If Etienne were to fall into the second, we had already picked up Elijah Moore and a LT that may push Leno off of the roster, and we could still somehow jump back into the second, get a viable QB to let this staff (hahahahah) develop, then sure, let's grab Etienne, too, while we're at it.

RB is too far down on the list of needs to grab a guy like Etienne. You're not wrong for liking the guy, but it is what it is.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
RB is too far down on the list of needs to grab a guy like Etienne. You're not wrong for liking the guy, but it is what it is.

Its a good point. The problem with drafting the BPA is you have to draft such an absolute superstar to make the team better versus picking a position of need.

I was just doing some simulated drafts today, seeing Etienne as the 13-15th best player, and then seeing him going in the early 30s, and I was like you don't often see that type of talent available that late, ever.

Honestly you could see Etienne make just as big of an impact as a guy like Waddle, Devonta Smith or Pitts.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I saw him in his freshman year and thought he was going to be a force. I do think the Bears need to get a star RB instead of these good also rans. We need someone that makes the other team fear the Bear run game again.
If he kept that talent through college and is going to drop low enough we can get him (even without trading down) that would definitely be a move to make.
Trade off whatever other spare RBs we can for whatever we can get.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We need to load up on rbs cause we get off the bus running. Even our fearless leader Matt Naggy let it be known he was not hired to run the ball. Crazy sob was clearly just setting up a smoke screen

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I wanted Ettiene but then we signed Williams. Not sure if that matters talent wise but that's a bit of a glut atm.