Would you trade down in 1st and grab Etienne and the best OT available?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of a trade down but not for a RB. Maybe trade back to the late 1st/early 2nd , pick up another 3rd and still grab a quality player since we're looking for corners, wide receivers, quarterbacks and Oline.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Trade down to take a player at a position not needed? Pretty on brand for ccs bears board.

Puff puff pass, OP.

Who is our god tier RB that makes it not a position of need?
We presently only have Monty.
We had 3 QB bodies filling the position last year so why are we trying to better that position?

Not a single one of you have listed any problems with Etienne. Benson was a bust is the closest anyone got to having a reason and in that case we never draft any players.
I don't think he makes it anywhere near #20 let alone being able to trade down for him. But if he did he could be a Forte who catches less but runs better. And if you could trade down to get him that leaves plenty of room to fix the oline.

Like it or not with our present QB situation we're going to get off the bus running, and with our present RBs they're going to get off the bus going 3 and out. Even in Monty we don't have a 3 down RB who is a threat every time he touches the ball. We are predictable because of it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Who is our god tier RB that makes it not a position of need?
We presently only have Monty.
We had 3 QB bodies filling the position last year so why are we trying to better that position?

Not a single one of you have listed any problems with Etienne. Benson was a bust is the closest anyone got to having a reason and in that case we never draft any players.
I don't think he makes it anywhere near #20 let alone being able to trade down for him. But if he did he could be a Forte who catches less but runs better. And if you could trade down to get him that leaves plenty of room to fix the oline.

Like it or not with our present QB situation we're going to get off the bus running, and with our present RBs they're going to get off the bus going 3 and out. Even in Monty we don't have a 3 down RB who is a threat every time he touches the ball. We are predictable because of it.

You don't want to hear the problems

He's a running back
That position is a commodity and can be filled easily with replacement level players
The bears currently have 3-4 running backs on the roster
Taking another with the first draft pick is a waste considering the other positional needs

Does that help?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He's a running back
That position is a commodity and can be filled easily with replacement level players
Taking another with the first draft pick is a waste considering the other positional needs

Does that help?

Its like as if he didnt watch Etienne put up merely above average stats when his offensive line was simply above average. He's not going to make this team noticeably better at all. This is some serious mental gymnastics.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

He's a running back

Does that help?

That is literally saying it's the position not the player. Are you unable to read or just can't comprehend?
Moronic Bears fans and Bears FO think anyone can play oline, WRs aren't worth paying, never draft a QB high or they'll bust, and now good RBs aren't worth it even in the 2nd round.

Yes I very much want to hear the problems with the PLAYER Etienne.
He's a well rounded RB who can play in any scheme. He can catch the ball. He can make players miss for huge gains. He's fast. He doesn't go down easy.
Even with the oline we have he would make a big difference if that oline had just a little discipline. We've seen it with the shoestring tackle RBs we have.
He is the RB who can get us back to converting 4th and short, none of the ones we have are.

If you want to not suck without a QB or WR we're going to need a RB. The balls won't get 1st downs or cross goal lines by themselves.

Maybe if we picked right with Trubisky or didn't spend his contract of 1st rounders on defense we wouldn't be in this mess, that's not my fault nor was I one of the pinhead fans who wanted to upgrade an already top 10 defense with Smith and Mack when we had a #2 QB and no offense around him. But we are. No hope at QB, no WRs, no RBs, no oline.

Its like as if he didnt watch Etienne put up merely above average stats when his offensive line was simply above average. He's not going to make this team noticeably better at all. This is some serious mental gymnastics.

It's like I didn't????
I've said I only saw him his freshman year many times. Were you all dropped on your heads?
I'm only saying I saw talent in him then. A lot can change with a college RB but so far not a single one of you against such a move has said anything has changed. Not one single damn thing other than any offensive player isn't worth a draft pick.

Let's only build defense because that's been working out so fucking well for so long.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That is literally saying it's the position not the player. Are you unable to read or just can't comprehend?
Moronic Bears fans and Bears FO think anyone can play oline, WRs aren't worth paying, never draft a QB high or they'll bust, and now good RBs aren't worth it even in the 2nd round.

He's a well rounded RB who can play in any scheme. He can catch the ball. He can make players miss for huge gains. He's fast. He doesn't go down easy.
Even with the oline we have he would make a big difference if that oline had just a little discipline. We've seen it with the shoestring tackle RBs we have.
He is the RB who can get us back to converting 4th and short, none of the ones we have are.

If you want to not suck without a QB or WR we're going to need a RB. The balls won't get 1st downs or cross goal lines by themselves.

Maybe if we picked right with Trubisky or didn't spend his contract of 1st rounders on defense we wouldn't be in this mess, that's not my fault nor was I one of the pinhead fans who wanted to upgrade an already top 10 defense with Smith and Mack when we had a #2 QB and no offense around him. But we are. No hope at QB, no WRs, no RBs, no oline.

It's like I didn't????
I've said I only saw him his freshman year many times. Were you all dropped on your heads?
I'm only saying I saw talent in him then. A lot can change with a college RB but so far not a single one of you against such a move has said anything has changed. Not one single damn thing other than any offensive player isn't worth a draft pick.

Let's only build defense because that's been working out so fucking well for so long.
Lol. No one mentioned only to pick defense dipshit. We are all against picking a RB that wouldn't noticeably improve the team unlike a WR, OT. RB is already a competently stocked position. Give it a rest bud.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Lol. No one mentioned only to pick defense dipshit. We are all against picking a RB that wouldn't noticeably improve the team unlike a WR, OT. RB is already a competently stocked position. Give it a rest bud.

We have 1 backup RB, a midget and 2 nobodies. It's not a stocked position with one viable RB.

You give it a rest or start talking about actual problems with the player.
You could even say he's not dropping that far like the dreams we could get Barkley or Nelson.

This is the same thing as it was then you're just trying to spin it differently. We didn't need McGlinchey or Hernandez, our oline was stocked. Yeah, stocked with crap.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We have 1 backup RB, a midget and 2 nobodies. It's not a stocked position with one viable RB.

You could even say he's not dropping that far like the dreams we could get Barkley or Nelson.

This is the same thing as it was then you're just trying to spin it differently. We didn't need McGlinchey or Hernandez, our oline was stocked. Yeah, stocked with crap.

This made no sense. Best of luck to you dipshit

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Monty is certainly Viable. 1500 yards and 10 TDs is this sinkhole of an offense is nothing to sneeze at. You don't know what you're talking about. Go back to pining for Jay Cutler.

Last edited:

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monty is certainly Viable. 1500 yards and 10 TDs is this sinkhole of an offense is nothing to sneeze at. You don't know what you're talking about. Go back to pining for Jay Cutler.
This.

5th in the league in rushing
5th in all purpose yards
4th in broken tackles
5th in receptions

All behind a shit OL for most of the season.

That’s one hell of a backup!!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How do those numbers change with Cohen back in the line up? Hc gimmick man will kill drives with Cohen and Montgomery will be back to less than 10 touches a game. Naggy use of personnel is a big wild card

greg23

Liked Posts:

It's like I didn't????

You must be a family member or agent.

running back might be the 10th most important position on the field and least important on offense......but sure; let's draft another one in round 1!!!!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You must be a family member or agent.

running back might be the 10th most important position on the field and least important on offense......but sure; let's draft another one in round 1!!!!

I probably would've seen more than a couple of his freshman games if I was either.
Although I did see those games because a family member is a Clemson fan and I wanted to see if the attraction was more than where they live. (I figured out he's mostly fanboy.)

Maybe when you have a QB and WRs a RB isn't a big deal. But the Bears haven't convinced me they're willing to pay for either a QB or a few good WRs. If that's where their head still is they need to have a great RB (and a good RB backing them up for today's NFL).
Sorry you haven't ever paid attention to Bears history but a RB and a kicker is very important to a team that doesn't value offense and focuses on defense. Like I said, the ball isn't going to move by itself. Our RBs need the talent to not need a great oline to break out on a consistent basis.
Even as near as Benson, look at how the team fell after they got rid of Jones to coddle Benson.

And since other teams are all too happy to jump on high pick RBs every time one is available, I think you're all full of shit and don't have a clue about football.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I probably would've seen more than a couple of his freshman games if I was either.
Although I did see those games because a family member is a Clemson fan and I wanted to see if the attraction was more than where they live. (I figured out he's mostly fanboy.)

Maybe when you have a QB and WRs a RB isn't a big deal. But the Bears haven't convinced me they're willing to pay for either a QB or a few good WRs. If that's where their head still is they need to have a great RB (and a good RB backing them up for today's NFL).
Sorry you haven't ever paid attention to Bears history but a RB and a kicker is very important to a team that doesn't value offense and focuses on defense. Like I said, the ball isn't going to move by itself. Our RBs need the talent to not need a great oline to break out on a consistent basis.
Even as near as Benson, look at how the team fell after they got rid of Jones to coddle Benson.

And since other teams are all too happy to jump on high pick RBs every time one is available, I think you're all full of shit and don't have a clue about football.

Actually; you're right....a guy you last saw play 3 years ago is a must have.

Hire Barry Switzer and run the wishbone!!!!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Actually; you're right....a guy you last saw play 3 years ago is a must have.

Hire Barry Switzer and run the wishbone!!!!

Asking if something has changed with him has been what I was trying to pry out of people, but all I could get was he's a RB. If that's all people can come up with I'm going to assume he's still the "OMG, this guy is one to be watched for when he gets in a draft if he owns like this as a freshman." RB I saw.
If that's the case, we're not getting a good QB any time soon so WRs aren't going to help. A 2 good RB tandem would be what it takes to not completely suck while we build an offense. Unless you want to do a Browns and suck until we own the whole 1st round in 5-10 years.

I loved the excitement he brought his 1st year or two but Cohen is not going anywhere except to the nearest sideline. Monty isn't a lone RB. The other 2 are just filling space in case of injury.
And people are correct, we still need an oline to help the RBs (see Walter Payton's early years), but we'll shine faster as we get an offense if we have those RBs (again see Walter Payton).
A tandem of good RBs is not a bad plan given how the Bears are historically against having an offense at the cost of having a defense. And I can't believe Pace or Nagy's claims if they got Smith and Mack the year after getting a QB. Nothing they have done says they are going to try let alone succeed in building a complete offensive threat.