Would you trade Justin Fields for Aaron Rodgers?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Im not sure in what world the Packers would trade ARod to a division rival but lets say they go Philly 'F' Mcnabb to WFT and were game.

If you could package Fields, Dalton, Hicks, Picks etc for the 37 year old MVP, Aaron Rodgers, would you do it?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s a tough question without having seen Fields play in the NFL yet or at least in training camp.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Makes Miller look like a model citizen. We don’t need that dysfunction here, no matter how talented he is…

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Im not sure in what world the Packers would trade ARod to a division rival but lets say they go Philly 'F' Mcnabb to WFT and were game.

If you could package Fields, Dalton, Hicks, Picks etc for the 37 year old MVP, Aaron Rodgers, would you do it?
Not straight up, the packers would have to give up a couple draft picks as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers at the tail end of his career and Fields to start a fresh new beginning. Trade would make no sense for Bears. besides. Rodgers might be an all time great but he's also a super bitch. Not worth the trouble and money for the short time he has left.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The chance to win a superbowl now, over the chance to win every superbowl for the next 20 years....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Difficult question. If not a fan of either team and looking at straight up talent vs potential, you try and make that trade but once team situations and cap come into play, you don't and cross your fingers on Fields. Rodgers will likely still play ay a high level for the length of Fields rookie deal. There's no guarantees Justin excels or decides to stay ifhe does and that would lean you towards Aaron.

The reason you don't is that, in a best case scenario, the team doesn't compete for a SB for a few years with Rodgers because it's not setup to pay him without stripping talent at other positions. The window for a SB would be a couple years, 3 years down the road and only if everything goes right. That's with a trade that doesn't strip us of picks which wouldn't happen. Player for player, you do it because bird in the hand but team for team, you don't.

The answer becomes no with the Bears current situation but Denver didn't take Fields, would have given the Pack their #9 pick the instant they asked for it and the world would have called it stealing.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He’s 37 and our team isn’t complete. If this was 2018 with where the team was at I would say fuck it we can get a solid 2 year chance at a super bowl. Right now with the state of the team and Rodgers age I’m developing and building around fields.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Never, not for a 37 year old QB

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Difficult question. If not a fan of either team and looking at straight up talent vs potential, you try and make that trade but once team situations and cap come into play, you don't and cross your fingers on Fields. Rodgers will likely still play ay a high level for the length of Fields rookie deal. There's no guarantees Justin excels or decides to stay ifhe does and that would lean you towards Aaron.

The reason you don't is that, in a best case scenario, the team doesn't compete for a SB for a few years with Rodgers because it's not setup to pay him without stripping talent at other positions. The window for a SB would be a couple years, 3 years down the road and only if everything goes right. That's with a trade that doesn't strip us of picks which wouldn't happen. Player for player, you do it because bird in the hand but team for team, you don't.

The answer becomes no with the Bears current situation but Denver didn't take Fields, would have given the Pack their #9 pick the instant they asked for it and the world would have called it stealing.
What makes you think that it's very likely that Rodgers will play at a high level for the next 4-5 years. It's rare for a QB to play at a high level past 37, let alone until he's 42. Brady is the huge exception. I don't think Rodgers goes to the extreme to take care of himself as Brady does. Rodgers also has taken lots of punishment during his career. Let alone, I doubt he wants to play past 40. The decline happens fast at this age without warning.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
No. Contracts are traded, not just players. Fields on a rookie deal has a good chance at being as valuable a contract as in any the league for a few years. Rodgers at 37 with a new huge deal will not be a bargain

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What makes you think that it's very likely that Rodgers will play at a high level for the next 4-5 years. It's rare for a QB to play at a high level past 37, let alone until he's 42. Brady is the huge exception. I don't think Rodgers goes to the extreme to take care of himself as Brady does. Rodgers also has taken lots of punishment during his career. Let alone, I doubt he wants to play past 40. The decline happens fast at this age without warning.
Umm, MVP at 37? Plenty of room left for him to play at a 'high level'. Aaron has a better arm than Brady and is more mobile. We're talking about what may be the best 2 to ever play the position and Aaron is the more talented one with better physicals traits. What makes you think he won't. Ask yourself what Rodgers will bring on trade and if that's higher or lower than the 11th pick in the draft.

I don't make that trade, partially because we couldn't do it straight up and how much I like Fields but what guarantee do you have that Fields will be a star? None and Rodgers is currently the best player in the game.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Umm, MVP at 37? Plenty of room left for him to play at a 'high level'. Aaron has a better arm than Brady and is more mobile. We're talking about what may be the best 2 to ever play the position and Aaron is the more talented one with better physicals traits. What makes you think he won't. Ask yourself what Rodgers will bring on trade and if that's higher or lower than the 11th pick in the draft.

I don't make that trade, partially because we couldn't do it straight up and how much I like Fields but what guarantee do you have that Fields will be a star? None and Rodgers is currently the best player in the game.
And none of that tells us how his body will hold up over the next 4-5, none of it. What makes me think he won't? Because a far majority of great QB's suffered a huge decline past the age of 37. History and facts back me up.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
For the player, yes. You'd have to be insane not to. Look at Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers could easily have another 3 years at the highest level, if not more. He takes Allen Robinson to top 5 WR status and our supporting cast of receiving options is as good or better than what GB has had for the last few years. Meanwhile, the defense should still be good enough to hold up it's end of the bargain when the offense is suddenly capable of putting up 30+ on you any given Sunday.

Rodgers the person is what makes me hesitate. He's always been a douche, obviously he's being flaky here and seeming like he wants everyone to kiss his ring or else he'll take his ball and go home. That worries me.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The elephant testicle wearing a visor in the room is Nagy. Foles dressed down Nagy on the sidelines, can you imagine Rodgers trying to deal with Nagy's incompetence? He would burst into flames by the 3rd quarter of week 1. It would be a must see TV shitshow.

Straight up choice of Fields vs Rodgers, all things considered, age, talent, personality, salary... I roll the dice on the rookie.