Wouldnt it be Funny if Rick Renteria Lead the Sox to a WS win?

garapp

Liked Posts:
I am in the minority, but I never liked in when Renteria as fired and replaced by Maddon

Now don't get me wrong..Joe is a good manager especially with younger players and he WAS the skipper in 2016

I personally think the 2016 Cubs had so much talent a trained chimp could have managed them

Just like the last couple of years at Tampa..the players stopped respecting him and his theme parties and weird lineups became a joke

The yearly baseball magazines are pick the Cubs to wind up in 3rd or 4th and the Sox winning their division and having a better future than the Cubbies

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
Trollolololol

Lester and Zobrist might not sign on with Rick Renteria. Zobrist was for sure offered more money by the Mets and Nationals.

The White Sox are in a putrid division with 10% of the talent in the NL Central. That’s the best thing they’ve got going for them. Better future? Yeah, okay. Whatever you say.

garapp

Liked Posts:
Trollolololol

Lester and Zobrist might not sign on with Rick Renteria. Zobrist was for sure offered more money by the Mets and Nationals.

The White Sox are in a putrid division with 10% of the talent in the NL Central. That’s the best thing they’ve got going for them. Better future? Yeah, okay. Whatever you say.

garapp

Liked Posts:
Trollolololol

Laugh if you want, Dude, but a lot if bAseball writers point to the Sox signing Grindal and others, the superior farm system the Sox have etc.

Our Cubbies don't have the money to spend on most big free agents and if our sign I g Sousa Jr and a few bullpen guys floats your boat so be it.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
The teams who made the biggest FA signings last year finished 4th and 5th in their divisions. One definitely had and still has a loaded farm. Doesn't mean the White Sox will have a bad year. But a 15 game turn around would only be an 87 win season for them. The Cubs had a 24 game turn around in 2015. That got them 3rd place in the division. It also got them into the playoffs.

Would it be sweet for Renteria to win one this year or next? Sure, but it doesn't mean the Cubs made the wrong choice.

garapp

Liked Posts:
The teams who made the biggest FA signings last year finished 4th and 5th in their divisions. One definitely had and still has a loaded farm. Doesn't mean the White Sox will have a bad year. But a 15 game turn around would only be an 87 win season for them. The Cubs had a 24 game turn around in 2015. That got them 3rd place in the division. It also got them into the playoffs.

Would it be sweet for Renteria to win one this year or next? Sure, but it doesn't mean the Cubs made the wrong choice.

garapp

Liked Posts:
Did I mention the Sox signed Encanacion and Gnzalez also?

I still hate the Ross signing

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tremendous thread. JimJohnson going to beat your puppies

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

3rd place in the division and i think the 3rd best record in baseball too

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did I mention the Sox signed Encanacion and Gnzalez also?

I still hate the Ross signing

Not hating on the sox right now, although I always will, but weird signings. Eloy can be a great DH in this league, you had your kid cast off catcher make the all star game, then sign Grandal. Resigned Abreu as well. Those are four guys that should be every day DH's. Play McCann, Grandal can play first, was when Abreu would be DH, now Eloy needs to play everyday. Seemed like a nice cycle of two guys playing the field, one DH'ing. Now all Encanacion can do is DH.

I hope Ricky gets the chance. I do agree a chimp could have managed the 2016 team, also think the cubs would have had at least 2 if someone stayed on the gas all season in 17 or 18. But Joe got his million bonus dollars so what more was there to gain for him?

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
Souza Jr.? Jeffers, who has lost at least 5 mph off his fastball from a couple years ago?

Exciting!!

Maybe the Sox signed enough exciting people to get 14 people into the stadium on an 80 degree day with sunshine.