• Other

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nobody

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The trade that should been made was a 4th or 5th round draft pick for Amari Cooper in the off-season, but Poles whiffed on that opportunity. The only player better than Cooper out of the ones mentioned is Michael Thomas, and he's already 29 and usually hurt. The rest of this cast is meh and probably not worth giving up any meaningful draft capital for.
Amari Cooper was trade Day 1 of the new league year. When that trade was agreed to, the Bears still had Khalil Mack, they only had 5 draft picks, and they only had like 20M in cap space and needed like 30 players for the roster. Poles would have spent the rest of the offseason doing the exact opposite of what he wanted to do and try to push money into the future (Cooper would have been an ugly restructure) and if you think the OL is bad now, they probably would have had to cut/trade Whitehair, probably would have had to get someone to take on Quinn's deal and maybe even have traded Smith and/or Jackson.

Wasn't realistic to pull off a Cooper trade on March 13th. If he was still available May 13th, then maybe.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Bears are rumored to trade for WR. I don't want Bears to give up capital but I don't fully trust their ability to trade either. Regardless here are some guys that could be a Bears soon...

Michael Thomas

Bears will need to rework his contract to make it work but Thomas has been as good as ever after coming back know that Drew Brees is gone Saints may look to get rid of his contract.

Tee Higgins

Amazing WR would be a instant star in Chicago and rivial Brandon Marshall as best Bears WR in history.

Chase Claypool

Steelers are packed at WR but the team needs to rebuild with Mitchell Trubisky at QB.

Kenny Golladay

Chicago native who'll want to ball out in his home state. He shouldn't cost much draft capital but his contract is a little pricey.

Robby Anderson

The veteran deep threat hasn’t appeared happy in Carolina due to multiple circumstances. It wouldn't be surprising to see him traded.

Isnt T.O. available and still pretty fast? ?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Higgins, and it isn’t very close, IMO. Great route runner and consistently gets separation.

Probably not realistic, but paying Chase, Burrow and Higgins all around the same time may make keeping Higgins prohibitive.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The trade that should been made was a 4th or 5th round draft pick for Amari Cooper in the off-season, but Poles whiffed on that opportunity. The only player better than Cooper out of the ones mentioned is Michael Thomas, and he's already 29 and usually hurt. The rest of this cast is meh and probably not worth giving up any meaningful draft capital for.

I think it’s funny people say that when it could be a big issue to trade for a guy that says he wants nothing to do with the Bears. Good to know there are posters on this board that know who does and doesn’t want to play here! Adam Schefter would be so jelly!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Higgins, and it isn’t very close, IMO. Great route runner and consistently gets separation.

Probably not realistic, but paying Chase, Burrow and Higgins all around the same time may make keeping Higgins prohibitive.
They have 3 more years+ until they have to pay Chase. And 2+ years for Burrow.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Well damn. However, it would surprise me if they allocated that much money to 2 WRs in order to keep both. And Chase and Burrow likely aren’t going anywhere.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well damn. However, it would surprise me if they allocated that much money to 2 WRs in order to keep both. And Chase and Burrow likely aren’t going anywhere.
To be honest, they would be better off moving on from Boyd. He’s nothing special and is over paid

msadows

Liked Posts:

Still doubt they keep higgins, but I also don't think there is a shot in hell they trade him away this year.

I'm sure they'd rather let him walk or franchise him when his contracts up. This is a team in a win now window. Makes zero sense to trade away a major piece in your run.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Still doubt they keep higgins, but I also don't think there is a shot in hell they trade him away this year.

I'm sure they'd rather let him walk or franchise him when his contracts up. This is a team in a win now window. Makes zero sense to trade away a major piece in your run.
Why would they not just re-sign Higgins then trade him when chase is up for a new contract

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Michael Thomas would be nice he might not cost much draft capital either if Saints want to get rid of that contract.
Love Thomas but he gets hurt a lot and seems to take too long to recover, he also hurt his toe last week.

Yes to Higgins for sure

Absolute no to Golladay

No to Robby

I'll take Claypool but i don't think i give up a 2nd which is where they drafted him.

I really don't see us trading for anyone in season though but maybe if Fields starts playing better.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lambert must of read the same article

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bears are rumored to trade for WR. I don't want Bears to give up capital but I don't fully trust their ability to trade either. Regardless here are some guys that could be a Bears soon...

Michael Thomas

Bears will need to rework his contract to make it work but Thomas has been as good as ever after coming back know that Drew Brees is gone Saints may look to get rid of his contract.

Tee Higgins

Amazing WR would be a instant star in Chicago and rivial Brandon Marshall as best Bears WR in history.

Chase Claypool

Steelers are packed at WR but the team needs to rebuild with Mitchell Trubisky at QB.

Kenny Golladay

Chicago native who'll want to ball out in his home state. He shouldn't cost much draft capital but his contract is a little pricey.

Robby Anderson

The veteran deep threat hasn’t appeared happy in Carolina due to multiple circumstances. It wouldn't be surprising to see him traded.

Remind me why Cincy would trade away a starting WR?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I will go out on a limb and guess the G men won’t be trading a WR when they just lost one for the season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Golloday is a hometown guy and it costs almost no draft capital…like a 6 or 7th and they eat maximum salary…

I don’t have a problem giving him a chance on a contract we could terminate for low loss.

Fields needs continuity not turmoil and new faces.

When I watched Doubs college highlights for fantasy research purposes…I was kinda pissed at Poles for the Velus jr selection.

The college production and versatility difference between those two is a “wtf? Which one went first?”

Also…Kyler Gordon before Wondale Robinson makes me want to throw up.

Just go watch Robinsons work at Kentucky and tell me he isn’t the next Steve Smith/Tyreke/Andre Rison bad ass quick mofo.

How did we pass on Won’dale?

Wondale
Brisket
Doubs

Would have been one helluva draft haul.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will go out on a limb and guess the G men won’t be trading a WR when they just lost one for the season.
Nah they got Won’dale coming back soon…Golladay ain’t in there plans still. Shepherd wasn’t even in their plans for long.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Golloday is a hometown guy and it costs almost no draft capital…like a 6 or 7th and they eat maximum salary…

I don’t have a problem giving him a chance on a contract we could terminate for low loss.

Fields needs continuity not turmoil and new faces.

When I watched Doubs college highlights for fantasy research purposes…I was kinda pissed at Poles for the Velus jr selection.

The college production and versatility difference between those two is a “wtf? Which one went first?”

Also…Kyler Gordon before Wondale Robinson makes me want to throw up.

Just go watch Robinsons work at Kentucky and tell me he isn’t the next Steve Smith/Tyreke/Andre Rison bad ass quick mofo.

How did we pass on Won’dale?

Wondale
Brisket
Doubs

Would have been one helluva draft haul.
Most of CCS when they read the name Andre Rison.
b0az7hty1bx81gqrsptxmchgnwrigcrhs1vl51fyx&rid=200w.gif

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nah they got Won’dale coming back soon…Golladay ain’t in there plans still. Shepherd wasn’t even in their plans for long.
Nor is the 1st round pick from the Fields trade, K Toney