• Nobody

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about Toney or Slayton with Golladay thrown in or as a salary adjustment to reduce draft capital cost?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did the Giants ever consider it might like fucking be their 3 rounds over drafted bum QB?

Draft another WR ya crazy fucks.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think Tee Higgins is by far and away the best choice out of the given names, but don't see why the Bengals wold move off of him until next year's trade deadline. No need to rush and trade him right now, or even really next offseason. But I would gladly jump at the opportunity to add him if possible.

Michael Thomas was at one point, to me, the #1 receiver in the league. He was Justin Jefferson before Justin Jefferson came into the league. But now, he has had too many injuries and is unreliable. I'd have to look at the numbers more closely, but I wouldn't be willing to give away prime capital considering the risk.

Claypool....Mehh. Maybe a decent deep threat, but is more of a #2 guy, when we need a true #1 to eat up targets.
Robby Anderson...meh....for a late,late round pick, sure, but he is likely is cut this next offseason by Panthers due to cap space
Kenny Golloday - What Happened to him?! Likely not being traded with the Sheperd injury.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
robby anderson......4.36-second 40-yard
Sign this one

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Tee's the youngest, most reliable, most potential. I don't think we're giving up any draft capital though

The previous regime was quick to trade away valuable draft capital, and hopefully that's all over now.

My guess is that the Bears are going to go with what they have, and any new additions this year is likely through the waiver wire or minor free agent signings.

The Bears are looking to shed dead money, stockpile draft picks, and rebuild this team the right way.

At least I hope so. The culture here has to change.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The trade that should been made was a 4th or 5th round draft pick for Amari Cooper in the off-season, but Poles whiffed on that opportunity. The only player better than Cooper out of the ones mentioned is Michael Thomas, and he's already 29 and usually hurt. The rest of this cast is meh and probably not worth giving up any meaningful draft capital for.

He costs 4.m, 23.77m, 23.77m next 3 years. The problem is they added 2 void years so will count 7.5m and 3.7m for 2 years after he is a free agent.

Pace started using void years but suspect Stein who managed cap isnt a fan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thomas and Higgins aren't going anywhere. I know their teams are off to bad starts, but both teams have hopes of competing this year. And nobody wants anything to do with Michael Thomas' contract, which is probably why he's even still in NOLA.

Also, the Steelers are nowhere near "packed" at WR. Other than Claypool they only have Diontae Johnson and George Pickens who are worthwhile. Gunner Olszewski, Miles Boykin, Steven Sims? They are all worse than anyone on the Bears roster. Austin III is hurt. Anthony Miller is also hurt. They aren't that deep to give away Claypool. But he'd be my 1st choice.

I could see Robby Anderson, Golladay and if Cincy trades anyone it would be Tyler Boyd.

0 interest in Golladay. Anderson would be OK. He isn't all that good, all that young or all that cheap. Boyd would be nice, but I don't know if they trade him either.

Thomas contract is not bad for a team trading for him. 1m, 16.5, and 19.5m for 2022-2024. Problem is dead money for Saints would be 38m which they cant afford to eat.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
As much as we want a big name like Higgins or Thomas, we always get the Anderson or some other under used 3rd or 4th receiver that never pays dividends. I mean what are some of the biggest bears wide outs signed from free agents or traded for?

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Denzel Mims might be our best dice roll

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The previous regime was quick to trade away valuable draft capital, and hopefully that's all over now.

My guess is that the Bears are going to go with what they have, and any new additions this year is likely through the waiver wire or minor free agent signings.

The Bears are looking to shed dead money, stockpile draft picks, and rebuild this team the right way.

At least I hope so. The culture here has to change.
Well they already gave up a 7th rounder on N.Harry and that's blown up in their face so far but haven't heard anything about him and he could be ready to play week 5.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
As much as we want a big name like Higgins or Thomas, we always get the Anderson or some other under used 3rd or 4th receiver that never pays dividends. I mean what are some of the biggest bears wide outs signed from free agents or traded for?
Allen Robinson and Brandon Marshall

rogokin

Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears just hold on to the draft picks and get through the season with what they have. I'm sick of them trading away future picks for some other teams cast off.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine you were a receiver, pissed off because you're on a rebuilding team with a sub par quarterback. You demand a trade.

The GM calls and tells you you're going to the Bears.

Would you pop open the champagne on the spot or wait until you're in Chicago?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Sign this one
He ran that 40 like 8 years ago. He's still plenty fast, but I don't think we need to base anything on 40 times that are almost a decade old.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sign this one
He ran that 40 like 8 years ago. He's still plenty fast, but I don't think we need to base anything on 40 times that are almost a decade old.

Robby Anderson

2016: Rookie year that's only 6 yrs ago

I'll see if I can find something recent, everything says 4.3. Actually, IMO, it's never a bad thing to have a wr who can "take the top" off a defense. Plus, sometimes opens up underneath.