WTF is going on with Goldman?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can honestly tell me he's wearing a soft soled shoe, then sure except you cannot.

You can train squats and deadlifts in a variety of footwear. Either you are strong or you are not. Louie Simmons has a saying.

"Don't have $150 shoes with on a 25 cent squat..."
Dude these are multi million dollar athletes not gym bros for 1., 2. Do you play basketball in cleats? 3. Chuck Taylor’s are $40 hell I train squats barefoot..3. 4. Yes you can see his toes curving up, all soft soled shoes do this, they’re built to absorb shock in the heel, with any power movement you want your fucking foot screwed to the floor using your big toe, pinky toe and heel as anchors to the floor.

highly doubt Louis would advocate anything other than chucks

You can wear any shoe you like the thicker the sole, the more power will leak from your squat or deadlift it’s basic physics. Ie hip shift.

You can be strong in a running shoe but even stronger on flat soled shoes or barefoot.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For that which is for worthiness I can probably say with 100 percent guarantee that I could definitely most likely squat either one of you right now but of course I wouldn't do that right now in irl because it's Father's day and you guys are nice guys in my book and even though I've never had a real dad I would not want to see some random young bro squat my own father in front of me for father's day.
You don't know squat!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dude these are multi million dollar athletes not gym bros for 1., 2. Do you play basketball in cleats? 3. Chuck Taylor’s are $40 hell I train squats barefoot..3. 4. Yes you can see his toes curving up, all soft soled shoes do this, they’re built to absorb shock in the heel, with any power movement you want your fucking foot screwed to the floor using your big toe, pinky toe and heel as anchors to the floor.

You can wear any shoe you like the thicker the sole, the more power will leak from your squat or deadlift it’s basic physics. Ie hip shift.

You can be strong in a running shoe but even stronger on flat soled shoes or barefoot.
Cool.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Goofy" California has one of the lowest Covid positivity rates in the US and, by the way, has a multi-billion dollar surplus. Don't believe the phony Fox news.
Like I watch FOX news. :poop:

CA is still filled with anti vaxers, holistic meds, spiritual healing etc. Active communities that are not especially careful about disease transmission. Their positivity rate has never led the country but they had a lot more infections than they should have and they've created their own strains which was my point. That it's lower now is great but it wasn't always like that. I fully understand their #s more reflect that they have he highest population in the country and not that they are the epicenter as suggested by some but they are a goofy state that had plenty of noncompliance. They were averaging over 40k cases a day from the middle of Dec to the middle of Jan. That's a lot for so recently, even with that population. We have about 1/3rd the population and at that time were averaging about 7k.

It's like you can't say any minor thing on this board without somebody calling you on it.

Last edited:

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:

Nothing like a horrible deflection to be a bro on the internet. Sure, because basketball and cleats are the same thing as lifting in anything other than a Nike Romaleo.

Give me a break.

This a professional athlete lifting in shoes he finds comfortable to lift in. You also are looking at one video of one lift and have zero idea at the comprehensiveness of the program Eddie is following. Your perspective of full of assumptions and dogma that make it sound even more uninformed.

You train barefoot? Good for you. Some of the best lifters in the world have a heel drop of 16mm. The ability with which to execute a movement is more important than the actual footwear he uses. I have never seen so much over analysis over two reps in my life.

The fact you are also detecting an asymmetrical weight shift is debatable and the fact that you blame it on footwear is also absolutely beyond silly.

We train people in flats, heel lifts, softer and stiffer footwear. I will never tell an athlete he or she needs to wear a certain kind of footwear because it's almost irrelevant (which was Louie's point). You either have good mechanics or you don't. It's that simple.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

When I was doing crossfit the biggest mistake I made was paying over $100 for a pair of lifters for squats and Olympic lifts. $40 Chucks are where it's at.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am old. If I do squats I do them in a body bag, that way it will be easier for someone to take me out of the gym.

I bench in new balance, because I am old.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta give props where props are due.
All I can do is wonder who Erik stole that from. Still nice to see even if it doesn't reflect endurance. I'd be couple inches short just trying that.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I can do is wonder who Erik stole that from. Still nice to see even if it doesn't reflect endurance. I'd be couple inches short just trying that.
Sheesh you and me both. I was never a huge squat guy, but I did tons of lunges and bleachers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You jumped to conclusions and pulled a broad stereotype.

That was you, not me.
Never made a conclusion and it's a real thing whether it applies to Goldman or not. I don't know why i bother. Does anyone take you seriously anymore? Seems like you're spending your time on this board getting even after injustice collecting. WTF aren't you pissed about?

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never made a conclusion and it's a real thing whether it applies to Goldman or not. I don't know why i bother.

You shouldn't bother with politicizing covid.

For all we know Goldman is going to play...or just maybe after a year off he's happy with the money he's made and doesn't want to risk CTE. Younger players have been retiring for this very reason.

But never miss an opportunity to talk about covid and different groups not getting the vaccine - you've been harping on that for over a year.

Just let it go....lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You shouldn't bother with politicizing covid.

For all we know Goldman is going to play...or just maybe after a year off he's happy with the money he's made and doesn't want to risk CTE. Younger players have been retiring for this very reason.

But never miss an opportunity to talk about covid and different groups not getting the vaccine - you've been harping on that for over a year.

Just let it go....lol
Like it's not why he missed all of last year and he was the only Bear to do so. My comment was personal with a good foundation for that speculation. You turned it political unless you think Tuskegee is just lefty propaganda and isn't a real thing for many Black folk. I never brought up politics or red vs blue. You did and I responded. WTF have you ever let go, you injustice collector. Stop reading between the lines when there's no content there.

All this crap because I said maybe Goldman has trepidation about the vaccine? Wow.

The same question was asked in team interviews (Covid caused?) and though Pace and Nagy have spoken to Goldman they wouldn't deny it was covid related when asked directly. We got the Nagy soft shoe for an answer.

Doesn't mean it's the reason but to outright dismiss it is silly. There's a good reason the question was asked.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I watched the video again and two things if I were his coach/trainer:

lose the fucking running shoes squatting and deadlifting, of any type. Wow.

his hips are shifting to the left leg, second rep he’a pushing more of that leg than the other. This will for ? certainty eventually led to a nagging impingement or injury.

Maybe this was his last set, maybe he was grinding it out, maybe they talked about it after… could be from bouncing / CrossFit bullshit and not resetting but the shoes ??‍♂️
Allot of people don’t understand the importance of the right shoes when lifting especially leg day. I don’t go so far as lifting barefoot but I have leg day shoes and everything else shoes. Running shoes while working out legs have fun with the year long tendinitis lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing like a horrible deflection to be a bro on the internet. Sure, because basketball and cleats are the same thing as lifting in anything other than a Nike Romaleo.

Give me a break.

This a professional athlete lifting in shoes he finds comfortable to lift in. You also are looking at one video of one lift and have zero idea at the comprehensiveness of the program Eddie is following. Your perspective of full of assumptions and dogma that make it sound even more uninformed.

You train barefoot? Good for you. Some of the best lifters in the world have a heel drop of 16mm. The ability with which to execute a movement is more important than the actual footwear he uses. I have never seen so much over analysis over two reps in my life.

The fact you are also detecting an asymmetrical weight shift is debatable and the fact that you blame it on footwear is also absolutely beyond silly.

We train people in flats, heel lifts, softer and stiffer footwear. I will never tell an athlete he or she needs to wear a certain kind of footwear because it's almost irrelevant (which was Louie's point). You either have good mechanics or you don't. It's that simple.
The only shoe reference I mentioned were flat and soft soled

If you read my comment you'll also see that I mentioned no one has any idea where he's at in his programming or what he was doing that day. but that would require you to pull your head out of your ass.

The whole purpose of videoing yourself lifting is to check for power leaks and technique;

My condolences to anyone who "trains" with you. Very apparent you do not take getting the very most out your "athletes" and are someone who prefers amount of quantity of quality.. let me guess, CrossFit "coach" lol ?

The fact that you said "Some of the best lifters in the world have a heel drop of 16mm" reinforces my point - yes the ability to perform a movement, obviously if his hips are shifting that much then there is an issue with it being too heavy (did not look like that), he's losing power somewhere (feet most likely). I over analyze stuff like this because I love the sport of power lifting and weightlifting and have seen a shit load of injuries caused by things you ignore or don't care to correct.

This is a fucking trap bar deadlift. He should be moving up/down not shifting horizontally. 101 shit.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Allot of people don’t understand the importance of the right shoes when lifting especially leg day. I don’t go so far as lifting barefoot but I have leg day shoes and everything else shoes. Running shoes while working out legs have fun with the year long tendinitis lol
I don't train like that all the time, if I have tight calves / ankles I take my shoes off though. I always do warm up barefoot/socks with just a barbell though. Found it super helpful getting the feet going, especially at 47.