Yahoo Sports on Trubisky Moon Mullins

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/assessing-misperceptions-bears-mitch-trubisky-213324951.html

Matt Nagy and Mark Helfrich are finding out one thing about Mitch Trubisky, he simply isn't particularly accurate or effective going downfield with his passes. At least, not yet.
First things first, getting some ancient history out of the way but also looking at it in a different light….
Turns out Dowell Loggains may not have been an idiot or John Fox an offensive restrictor plate, either, in the matter of using and developing Mitchell Trubisky. They in fact appear to have known some things that Matt Nagy and Mark Helfrich are finding out about one young NFL quarterback: that Trubisky simply isn't particularly accurate or effective going downfield with his passes. At least, not yet.
The Bears did their ongoing due analytics through Trubisky's rookie year. In the requisite pursuit of putting a player in the best chance to have success, they determined what he wasn't good at, and trimmed back much of the field from his scripting and play rolodex early. The sense now is that Nagy also may be doing just that with Trubisky.
Something never made complete sense, that Loggains, had thrown the ball around Soldier and other Fields more than 61 percent of the time with Jay Cutler, Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley. Yet with a talent like Trubisky, he was calling only a more-balanced 53 percent passing. The accuracy reality helps you understand some of the reason why; The young QB just hadn't really thrown accurately down the field, or anywhere, for that matter, looking at his 59.4-percent completion rate even with the top of the field dialed back.
Downfield accuracy can be a quirky thing. Rex Grossman, for instance, was quixotically more accurate when passes were directed longer than 15 yards, yet maddeningly scattershot on, say, bubble screens. Trubisky is not that, most quarterbacks aren't, but positive plays are the objective, wherever they lie for the particular thrower...………………………………………………………

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I love that they are saying he isn't accurate downfield when its completely obvious he isn't... Are these guys getting an Emmy award for stating the obvious or what my dude? (sacrastic south side accent)

What isnt obvious I guess... Mitch met AR 12 and Taylor Gabriel 4 months ago. Hes learning a brand new system. The timing needs time to develop. It isnt easy for anyone.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I love that they are saying he isn't accurate downfield when its completely obvious he isn't... Are these guys getting an Emmy award for stating the obvious or what my dude? (sacrastic south side accent)

What isnt obvious I guess... Mitch met AR 12 and Taylor Gabriel 4 months ago. Hes learning a brand new system. The timing needs time to develop. It isnt easy for anyone.
I look forward to your continued defense of Mitch throughout the season.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep...I always wondered why Loggains had Barkley slinging it all over the place and the offense actually looked good. Yet with Trubs, Loggains barely threw the ball. If we had decent receivers, Barkley may still have been around.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Fox went to Superbowls with Jake Delhomme and a 90 year old Peyton Manning who was near bottom of the league in passing. Everyone assumed he was the problem. The problem is Trubisky is not a good passer.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
John Fox went to Superbowls with Jake Delhomme and a 90 year old Peyton Manning who was near bottom of the league in passing. Everyone assumed he was the problem. The problem is Trubisky is not a good passer.

he had one of the highest accuracy percentages in the country

[video=youtube;F1gDmgx5O7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gDmgx5O7M[/video]

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
in 2017

Mitch Trubisky was 7 for 26 on passes over 20 yards last year in 12 Games 27% completion

On these throws he gained 258 yards and 3 TDs and 0 INTs

His only throws were through the first 7 games...and to seemingly defy logic Fox/Loggains had him stop throwing deep for the last 5 games.....not a single throw

for Comparison Aaron Rodgers thru his 6 games was 38% completion

8 of 21 for 297 yards and 3 TD and 3 INTs

and for good measure

here is Goff for 15 games 34% completion

17 of 50 for 698 yards and 3 TD and 1 INTs

here is Wentz in 13 games 25% completion

13 of 52 for 657 yards and 8 TD and 3 INTs

Trubisky's stats are similar to the goat and to other rookies last year if you extrapolate them out over the same period....

If Trubisky is inaccurate down the field last year he is in good inaccurate company.......

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
in 2017

Mitch Trubisky was 7 for 26 on passes over 20 yards last year in 12 Games 27% completion

On these throws he gained 258 yards and 3 TDs and 0 INTs

His only throws were through the first 7 games...and to seemingly defy logic Fox/Loggains had him stop throwing deep for the last 5 games.....not a single throw

for Comparison Aaron Rodgers thru his 6 games was 38% completion

8 of 21 for 297 yards and 3 TD and 3 INTs

So these are the stats in the games where passes over 20 yards were thrown

here is Goff for 15 games 34% completion

17 of 50 for 698 yards and 3 TD and 1 INTs

here is Wentz in 13 games 25% completion

13 of 52 for 657 yards and 8 TD and 3 INTs

Trubisky's stats are similar to the goat and to other rookies last year if you extrapolate them out over the same period....

If Trubisky is inaccurate down the field last year he is in good inaccurate company.......

Keeping in mind, last year he had absolutely nobody to throw the ball to.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keeping in mind, last year he had absolutely nobody to throw the ball to.

yeah...lets compare the Bears receivers last year to LA, Philly and GB

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm glad someone noticed his long accuracy last year. I even thought his passes had better zip. he was drafted #2 based on what he's capable of doing -- for whatever reason all that shit is under lock and key now.

Stoper54

Liked Posts:
Agreed. How can anyone read this article and not see that Trubisky has NFL skills? He also looked much more relaxed last season. He's just adjusting to a new offense and putting too much pressure on himself.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad someone noticed his long accuracy last year. I even thought his passes had better zip. he was drafted #2 based on what he's capable of doing -- for whatever reason all that shit is under lock and key now.

Fox locked it down the last 5 games of the year....I think Nagy is reintroducing it.....

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So Fox, known for not trusting rookies, doesn't trust a rookie and that means they must've not trusted the rookie because he is bad. But now suddenly trusting Cutler means he was good. Like the Chicago media never bashed Cutler to get fans going to sell ad views.
And we certainly had a great WR corpse that made that completion rate all on Trubisky.

He's a 2nd year QB and most do suck. Why is saying to wait and hope so hard?

I am amazed Bear fans put up with this. It's the reporters that should be ran out of town not the QBs. But if the reporters didn't stir up crap that would mean they're just meatheads. If they stir up crap they must be giving you the inside scoop.
I don't follow baseball but judging from friends who are Cubs fans the blatant BS from reporters isn't tolerated. They actually are able to discuss problems.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people use their own memory as if it holds all the correct info......some stats lie......the above stats don't

I don't care how you slice it, Trubisky was accurate as any NFL passer last year. I deal in facts not Mullins alcohol induced logic.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The level of stupidity of the posters around here is baffling...

Just because you miss doesn't mean you stop taking shots...

He isn't inaccurate as many claim and parrot... He simply doesn't understand the offense... He is scripted plays and ends up driving down the field for opening scores 2 out of 3 games... Something not even Cutler could do with Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery... Both superstar receivers in their days with the bears...

I remember when we wished for just not going 3 and out on the first drive of the game... You people are puking up vile stupid bullshit you swallowed from other stupid ass posters opinions... Just parroting stupid ass shit constantly...

Hes hitting multiple players in stride on drag routes and out routes... And whichever poster said some shit about he can only hit guys coming back to him or standing still can swallow a fat one... Because that's what you are supposed to do when they sit in a zone... find the open spot and hit the guy for completions...

I cant believe the intelligence of the people on this board... just when you thought they couldn't get any fucking dumber

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets look at this year 20+ throws this year.....bear in mind this is a small sample and wayyyy too early for anything meaningful

Trubisky

4 of 15 - 128 yards 0 TDs 1 INTs 27% completion

Goff

2 of 5 - 79 yards 0 TDs and 0 INTs 40% completion

Rodgers

3 of 15 - 110 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs 20% completion

People are pissed because of the long INT but looking back last year all the comparable QBs had long INTs except Trubisky...

It is too early to tell but his completion rate and yards are in line just fine.....

I will file this under OVER-ANALYZING Bears fans....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
He looks so much more relaxed here.

exactly, and he's clearly loving it and having fun....now he has a constant look of being uptight like he's got the runs and is trying not to soil himself...the dude can ball I honestly would give him a Xanax before the game...Favre his ass up a little