Yall want Mac Jones but not Trey Lance?

Southside

Liked Posts:
Why?!? Mac Jones is unathletic in a league where QBs are becoming more athletic, he has less than 20 starts in college, and he was surrounded by talent. Yall trust him?

If you going to draft another one of these sub 20 start QBs, then why not draft Trey Lance who is atleast a dual threat? He also has under 20 starts but had less talent around him. Offensive line needs a mobile QB.

It'd be hypocritical if Pace took Mac Jones based off of team success, while at the same time he literally just passed on Deshaun Watson who had 2 back-to-back 4,000 yard seasons and 2 National Championship appearances.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Lawrence
Fields
Wilson
Jones
Lance

They will all be gone at 20 .
Too many qb hungry teams.

What this does mean that some others like a Davante Smith might slip. If teams go QB crazy there is chance of a very good player who is not a QB at 20

Speed

Liked Posts:
Lance didn't have Bama talent around him, but he still played with superior talent, coaching, etc, around him for that level of play.

I'd take either, both will be gone.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Mond or Mills, if you want a QB out of this draft. One could slip into the lower end of round one but more than likely they are day 2 picks. I'd still rather have Darnold but would take either of these.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why?!? Mac Jones is unathletic in a league where QBs are becoming more athletic, he has less than 20 starts in college, and he was surrounded by talent. Yall trust him?

If you going to draft another one of these sub 20 start QBs, then why not draft Trey Lance who is atleast a dual threat? He also has under 20 starts but had less talent around him. Offensive line needs a mobile QB.

It'd be hypocritical if Pace took Mac Jones based off of team success, while at the same time he literally just passed on Deshaun Watson who had 2 back-to-back 4,000 yard seasons and 2 National Championship appearances.

I don't want either of them so go fuck yourself.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mond or Mills, if you want a QB out of this draft. One could slip into the lower end of round one but more than likely they are day 2 picks. I'd still rather have Darnold but would take either of these.

You realize you're being a typical Bears fan and talking about which flavor of shit is the tastiest right?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Lance didn't have Bama talent around him, but he still played with superior talent, coaching, etc, around him for that level of play.

I'd take either, both will be gone.

Yep, Lance inherited a team that won back-to-back national championships and 7 of 8 titles. NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
You realize you're being a typical Bears fan and talking about which flavor of shit is the tastiest right?
But as a Bears fan we don't many other opportunities. Maybe after the new deep pocketed owner takes over the team we will have new issues to discuss.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why? Darnold isn’t even wanted by the team that drafted him. None of the quarterbacks in this draft will amount to much. Not sure why everyone is so enamored by them.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But as a Bears fan we don't many other opportunities. Maybe after the new deep pocketed owner takes over the team we will have new issues to discuss.

Neither of us will live long enough to see that

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What do deep pockets have to do with anything especially in the NFL?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Umm Brady? Mobile QBs have been around forever. Ever hear of Fran Tarkington, Elway, Young?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I want D.Mills and would take Mond but it just bothers me that because they're QB's they'll get overdrafted and go much earlier then they really should and we need those early picks badly to take care of a few positions that are huge needs like tackle, WR and CB. I would love to get D.Mills in the mid rounds but some teams will look to take him as early as the 2nd round so do i want the Bears to use our #52 pick on him. That's a tough call for me but i'd probably rather get that T, WR or CB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't think Lance has fallen as much as Jones has risen in the last few weeks.

Could have 5 QBs off the board as early as 12.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I just assumed we had no shot at Lance, but an outside chance at landing Jones. I don’t care so much if the QB is a dual threat compared to his ability to read a defense and make an accurate throw.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Before the last few days/weeks, conventional thinking was Lance would be long gone before the Bears pick and Mac Jones could be attainable. I think most fans would gladly take either, but considering Mac Jones would have been more realistic, he has been more talked about.

Now Jones stock is rising. People are 2nd guessing Lance. Its how the process works this time of year. Talking heads just follow the hot takes and run with the newest narrative.