1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
As was first rumored December 23, 2010 on MLSR young Colombian attacking Midfielder Faider Fabio Burbano and Striker Yessi Mena were possibily coming to MLS.

Now here is a rough Spanish to English translation of an excerpt from an article on EL COLOMBIANO

To continue to refine the squad, Envigado Football Club, will practice from 8:30 in the morning, behind closed doors at the Parque Estadio.

In this scenario the future orange-clad starting 11 that will face the Liga Postobón from 6 February is one which will not include juveniles Yessy Mena and Fabio Burbano. Both announced yesterday that they will travel on Tuesday to join the Chicago of the American MLS.

Major League Soccer (MLS) Rumors – For the time between the games

Pedro

Liked Posts:
Do you have any scouting reports about this two players?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
No, I'll look for one though.

Pedro

Liked Posts:
Well I started looking around for Yesid Mena. It looks like they play in one of the worst teams in Colombia's highest division.

Mena only started 4 games out of 22, but was subbed into a game in 16 occasions. From what I could see on ESPN Deportes Gamecasts, he's able to get into the penalty area yet he can't seem to finish. He made 6 shots, 4 where directed towards the goal but he only scored once.

He is only 21 years old so he still has time to develop, but I see a brighter future on Burbano.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Well I started looking around for Yesid Mena. It looks like they play in one of the worst teams in Colombia's highest division.

Mena only started 4 games out of 22, but was subbed into a game in 16 occasions. From what I could see on ESPN Deportes Gamecasts, he's able to get into the penalty area yet he can't seem to finish. He made 6 shots, 4 where directed towards the goal but he only scored once.

He is only 21 years old so he still has time to develop, but I see a brighter future on Burbano.

So nothing promising from Mena?

giaco

Liked Posts:
Camp Convenes | Chicago Fire Soccer Club

some names on there.

Some players to keep tabs on during this training camp are two young Colombians: Fabian Burbano and Yoximar Granados. Burbano, 19, is a Colombian U20 international in from Envigado FC and is a striker that can play out wide. Still 18, Granados is a speedy right back that comes in from the Sarmiento Soccer School in Lora, Colombia.

Sure to challenge Granados at the right back spot in camp is Coral Springs, FL native Nate Weiss, 23, who after leaving Stetson University has played with clubs in Spain, Ireland, Sweden and most recently Latvian side FK Jelgava.

Undrafted Scottish striker Ashley McInnes has joined from Tulsa University while the club’s Open Tryout winner Pari Pantazopoulos is also among the current roster.

A full list of preseason trialists is to be released by the Chicago Fire on Tuesday.