You are Ryan Pace. What do you do about Kaare Vedvick?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I read this morning that Vedvik may bring back a 4th rd pick back to the Ravens. There are a few teams that need a kicker. The Bears are expected to be drafting low so they will have to give up a higher pick if they want him.
That's the ravens trying to speak that into existence, like when NE talked about getting a top 3 round pick for Mallett, which they ended up getting a 7th for eventually. No one is giving a 4th for a guy with zero NFL experience, that's John Harbaugh fantasy land. A 6 or7 will be the max he will fetch in trade.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Do we have to trade for him. Are the Ravens really gonna keep two kickers on the 53 cause we know J.Tucker isn't going anywhere? What did they do with him last year? Was he on the 53 or the PS or what?

The hamster really struggles to stay on the wheel in that stupid head of yours.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd pull the trigger. That extra roster spot saved is far more valuable...
its not how often we agree sometimes, but when we agree. I know you have the gift.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read this morning that Vedvik may bring back a 4th rd pick back to the Ravens. There are a few teams that need a kicker. The Bears are expected to be drafting low so they will have to give up a higher pick if they want him.
then give up a 5th and roll with a kicker/punter. They essentially stash a 4th rd WR or 6th rd running back(Nall/Whyte) value if they have an extra roster spot. So paying more than that for the roster spot might be counterproductive.

I'd consider offering a 5th, balk at a 4th,

If Fry or Pineiro is better, or are stronger...is it worth saving Braunecker? Is another way to ask the question here.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
LOL at this. What team would trade for a player whose contract will be voided by the upcoming CBA?
Yeah, I heard that the Canadian Basketball association does not like Trubisky at all.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Yeah that is true but the Bears are a team players want to play with now so we'd have an advantage cause all the good teams already have their starting kicker locked on to the team from what i can think of. Soldier Field is a tough place to kick though and the weather can get brutal so i guess that could effect his decision. Do you know where Balt had him hidden at last year? Was he on the team or PS or what?
He was assaulted in Baltimore last year so he was put on the physically unable to perform list last year so the Ravens didn't have to make that decision.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vedvik got his ass kicked on a street in Baltimore, why would he want to play for a team in a much more violent city.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah that is true but the Bears are a team players want to play with now so we'd have an advantage cause all the good teams already have their starting kicker locked on to the team from what i can think of. Soldier Field is a tough place to kick though and the weather can get brutal so i guess that could effect his decision. Do you know where Balt had him hidden at last year? Was he on the team or PS or what?
why don't you fucking google for yourself for once?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does BAL need any roster players? Trade player for kicker perhaps.

In no particular order...
- Kwat
- a TE prospect
- backup WR
- Nall
- any one of the fringe guys that deserve action.

Yeah, might give up a good player, but if he's practice squad anyway, an active reliable K is far more valuable. That said, not a huge rush. As we all know, it enters into poo or get off the pot time with the current 2 vs. trade by end of week 3.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was assaulted in Baltimore last year so he was put on the physically unable to perform list last year so the Ravens didn't have to make that decision.
Vedvik got his ass kicked on a street in Baltimore, why would he want to play for a team in a much more violent city.

No shit. I heard nothing about that. Was it just some random street fight shit or drunk bar fight shit or was it Ray Lewis trying to get away with another murder?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Why would you give anything up for a guy who’s getting cut? Just sign him when he’s free if you want him so bad.

But I don’t think the Bears scrap everything they’ve been doing for months to sign a guy they couldn’t possibly have evaluated nearly as much as the two kickers in front of them.

No, the opening starter will be Fry or Pineiro, unless they both spectacularly shit the bed from here on out.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Do we have to trade for him. Are the Ravens really gonna keep two kickers on the 53 cause we know J.Tucker isn't going anywhere? What did they do with him last year? Was he on the 53 or the PS or what?

I don’t think a kicker’s ever been on a practice squad, to my knowledge.

No, they’re not keeping two kickers, and they’re not cutting Tucker. The trade talk is a pipe dream from an organization that found an asset at a position where they’re already full up, nothing more.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No shit. I heard nothing about that. Was it just some random street fight shit or drunk bar fight shit or was it Ray Lewis trying to get away with another murder?
A backup place kicker in another city got beat up. Why would it be news anywhere but there?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You get him and make him the kicker and punter and free up a roster spot for another WR.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I forgot that guy was still around. He's been missing lots of fgs lately though. Didn't he miss 4 or 5 fgs against the Lions last year?
That was Parkey and it was 2 FG and 2 extra points.....lmfao