You can kiss the NBA season good bye if this happens...

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
NBA agents' group warns clients in joint memo - ESPN

the PA wants to decertify.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Prominent player agent to Y!: "We're not just walking off the cliff with (Billy Hunter). We're ready to take the next step and decertify."

LOL this will be an epic fail on their part if they do that. and you can kiss the whole season good bye

This will be an NHL style win for the owners the owners will eventually get 57% at the least of BRI (previously had 43%) and everything they want. But the season will be gone this would be a terrible move by the PA if they do decertify.

but look on the bright side if this happens the NBA wont have a collapse like Hockey did. ESPN and TNT will keep paying loads and they wont have t go on a channel nobody gets in versus like Hockey.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was expecting to miss the season anyways...so not really shocked.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Well I guess my boy J.R Smith did the right thing after all.....

And don't worry if the season is canceled..There's still a lot to look forward to. You can still come on CCS and debate Pippen related topics with me..

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over the last several years I have became more of a fan of the NBA...this sucks. People say Stern is the BEST commissioner in all of sports...Best my ASS. he is terrible. he is up there with bettman as the worst commissioners in all of sports

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Stern was good when he took over in the 80s. Then he started to abuse his power a little more each season. Now, Stern is a douchebag commish and he needs to go.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Stern was good when he took over in the 80s. Then he started to abuse his power a little more each season. Now, Stern is a douchebag commish and he needs to go.

No way Stern goes he built this from a tiny Business to a Billion dollar business

before he took over the Pacers werent even worth 10m dollars. Now they are worth 300+ million and they are one of the least valuable teams.

with that said I dont seee Stern as comish in 5 years he will probably retire shortly after the lockout is resolved. But Stern bulit the NBA without Stern there might not be an NBA right now.

Stern is a Lawyer he is probably begging for them to decertify.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:

No way Stern goes he built this from a tiny Business to a Billion dollar business

before the Simons took over the Pacers weren't even worth 10m dollars. Now they are worth 300+ million and they are one of the least valuable teams.

with that said I dont seee Stern as comish in 5 years he will probably retire shortly after the lockout is resolved. But Stern bulit the NBA without Stern there might not be an NBA right now.

Stern is a Lawyer he is probably begging for them to decertify.

The thing I dont like about Stern is he wants super teams in big markets thats what made the NBA into what it is today. LA and Boston in the 80s made the NBA boom and then MJ was the icing on the cake. Then the 2000 LA Lakers (not his fault but he knew how to bulid them NBA that way)

plus only about 5 teams a year have a legit shot at a title. The NBA is the worst league for competitive disparity or competitive balance.

I call the NBA 25 teams fighting for 5th place lol.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't see Stern leaving either. Even if he suits up his replacement and resigns, we'll be stuck with baby Stern, and not an individual who actually represents some form of neutral standings between the players, owners, staff, and fans.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The lockout isn't going to hit me until the season starts... or was supposed to start.

I see still have the the NFL and college football/basketball to watch.. but once football season is over and the NBA is still locked out.. then shit.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
but i thought david stern was a neutral commissioner free of bias or corruption
:rofl: